Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignore threads and users option  (Read 2153 times)
rebuilder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 07:29:00 PM

It's getting busy here, and a lot of threads are just obviously not of interest to me, but nevertheless keep clogging up the forum listings. I haven't been able to find a mod of SMF that would allow filtering thread display, except for in the unread threads listing. Anyone aware of one?

Another thing that could be useful, though I'd prefer not having to use it, would be the ability to ignore users. This, at least, does exist:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=185

What say you, should ignoring users be enabled here?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:05:36 PM

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1193 let's you ignore individual topics I think.

PLEASE implement this. It's already way too hectic around here.

codler

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2011, 03:28:53 PM

I would like to have this feature too. It will save me alot of time.

NF6X

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2011, 03:24:50 PM

I would also like an ignore user option. I would use it sparingly, but it would make my time here more enjoyable.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 02:27:34 PM

We need a way to ingore threads from popping up in our "show new relies to your posts" list of threads..
The only way right now to remove a thread from there is to go and delete all your posts in that thread.....

C'mon! Give us a "Ignore thread" button

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 02:59:50 PM

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 04:17:32 PM

I think we're all well aware of the User ignore feature, But im talking about ingoring Threads

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 04:18:34 PM

I think we're all well aware of the User ignore feature, But im talking about ingoring Threads
Use the watchlist function, you can remove threads from your watch list.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 04:20:16 PM

I am using it, But do you want me to simply stop using the "show new replies" feature then?
Really, What would be the point of it..

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 04:45:05 PM

I am using it, But do you want me to simply stop using the "show new replies" feature then?
You can migrate all the "show new replies" posts over to your watchlist, and then enable auto-watch in your preferences, then it works the same way.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 05:19:43 PM

You are aware, but the OP isn't, it seems Roll Eyes Read the screenshot, or even the last line of the OP and you'll see for yourself, you don't have to trust me.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 05:46:51 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2012, 05:58:45 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

You are aware, but the OP isn't, it seems Roll Eyes Read the screenshot, or even the last line of the OP and you'll see for yourself, you don't have to trust me.
You do know this thread is over a year old, right? "Ignore users" probably didn't exist back then.

You can migrate all the "show new replies" posts over to your watchlist, and then enable auto-watch in your preferences, then it works the same way.
+1, the watchlist does all that "new replies" does, and more. JackRabiit's complaint is no longer an issue.

Only thing is I don't think there's an obvious link to the migration page, but there is in the thread about the watchlist.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 05:55:15 PM

You do know this thread is over a year old, right? "Ignore users" probably didn't exist back then.

JackRabbit necroing threads, WTF lol
I read the screenshot, but just the post, not the date :p
grue
Legendary

Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:16:40 PM

damn necros

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 05:09:48 AM

JackRabbit necroing threads, WTF lol
I read the screenshot, but just the post, not the date :p
Cry You made me feel like someone of importance...
Thanks buddy..

Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 04:34:27 PM

+1 for Ignore Thread.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: