Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 07:31:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A friend had a strange idea  (Read 2284 times)
ctlaltdefeat

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:44:57 PM

I was hanging out with some friends and one of them had a very strange idea: writing on 5€ banknotes the public and private keys of a bitcoin address with something like 0.0005 BTC on and the link to the official bitcoin website to make more people know about the Bitcoin.

In your opinion would it work?
so,the matter will come where you will spread that 5€ banknotes?its will effective if that amount raise,and then you must trace that money,if you dont do that,i'm sure some bitcoiners will take over every public and private keys of a bitcoin address.
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

That would be an interesting idea and I saw multiple new bitcoin startups in Shanghai did so already giving away physical bitcoin vouchers, Circle also did it soon after it's launch and at another occassion, The only difficulty is making it encouraging enough "probably giving few cents won't be enough IMO".
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:42:58 AM

Well printed money circulates for some short period then banks start to collect them and make anothers,soo design at notes arent new at all ,people left their numbers at some notes.Would be better to you make a bracelet with bitcoin on it,instead try to give money to people that doesnt know bitcoin.
BitTyro

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:11:03 AM

0.0005 btc is too low to spark interest of any would-be claimer. You should make it at least to the equivalent of 1€ or don't do it at all.
spendabit

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

Spendabit is a search engine for Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 04:03:51 PM

If you want to avoid defacing the currency I suppose you could use a stickie note on it. For a more professional look, I'd just use Powerpoint or something to create a printed card with the free BTC. Leave it along with a regular tip at restaurants, or in other situations where you can be confident it won't be discarded without a look. (Many will be discarded anyway, so it's best to retain the ability to retrieve the funds from any such addresses after a suitable time period.)

How about just a nice looking simple business card with some catchy teaser info and a link to Bitcoin.org or another educational Btc site? You could leave them behind everywhere like skin cells.

vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:01:43 PM

0.0005 btc is too low to spark interest of any would-be claimer. You should make it at least to the equivalent of 1€ or don't do it at all.

50000 satoshi looks definitely better Cheesy But yes, 0,2$ could be too less for attract anybody. Maybe there could be a program, that would allow people to get some decent portion of BTC under some conditions, like making some amount of transactions or something.   
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 05:04:01 PM

It's really strange idea. People will not understand what he mean cause they don't even know what bitcoin is. Better to use different ways to promote bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: