Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin?  (Read 42088 times)
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:27:55 PM

No it's not, gold is a shitty heavy metal that cant be used for anything. It's too heavy, cant be traded online, takes a fortune to secure it, and in the end it doesnt have intrinsic value.

The only reason it has been used for 5000 years because humans were primitive ,and didnt invent a better currency. But now that we have BTC, gold will become an irrelevant piece of stone.

Yeah people who are aware about the potential of bitcoins will prefer to invest only in bitcoins as they are well aware that they can make higher profits from it in quick time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:31:40 PM

No it's not, gold is a shitty heavy metal that cant be used for anything. It's too heavy, cant be traded online, takes a fortune to secure it, and in the end it doesnt have intrinsic value.

The only reason it has been used for 5000 years because humans were primitive ,and didnt invent a better currency. But now that we have BTC, gold will become an irrelevant piece of stone.

Yeah people who are aware about the potential of bitcoins will prefer to invest only in bitcoins as they are well aware that they can make higher profits from it in quick time.

And not to mention the counterfeiting gold scams.

Bitcoin is impossible to counterfeit.

All kings&emperors have constantly devalued their shitty coins by mixing junk in them. I would not be surprized if most coins the gold bugs buy are also scams.

manyute

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:44:32 PM

I think for now gold is better than bitcoin because gold has already established a track record and people know what is gold and that it can protect them or its like an insurance for them if they have money problems, they can always sell the gold  in exchange for fiat and it has higher value than bitcoin. But when bitcoin will be of higher value than gold and it would be more popular then  it would be better than gold because you can carry it wherever you want and no one knows that you have a lot of money since its anonymous.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:13:26 PM

i agree with you i also like to invest in bitcoin because bitcoin increasing its price too much faster than and there a lot people are like to invest in bitcoin because people want to make profit in short time with quickly .
kevinrio

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:36:09 PM

I think investing in gold is a dumb idea because the price will increase very slowly and sometimes even it give us loss, moreover there is risk of it bring robbed and lost.
While with BTC the price will hit higher value surly and that might happen even next day and no risk of being stolen.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:56:38 PM

Actually, it depends on the circumstances you are in.

In the long run, gold is better than Bitcoin. Bitcoin is gone if the Internet or the power grid collapses.

Gold is only gone if someone can find where you hid yours.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Anemed

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:10:00 PM

Both has equal values. I mingle both. I buy golds with bitcoins. Though these prices fluctuate and have same values, they differ in the followings. Gold is a physical coin and Bitcoin is a digital currency. Gold at times are stolen outside. Compared to gold, bitcoin is more safe though it is sometimes hacked by unknown from few users accounts which are not secured as directed by the sits. Its the user who safeguards his earnings.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:10:53 PM

Everyone on the planet thinks gold=money.

A handful of libtards and techno geeks think Bitcoin=money.
The rest of the world thinks Bitcoin=crime.

You tell me, is gold better than Bitcoin? If you were stuck in a foreign country would you rather be carrying a paper wallet worth $15k or one pound of gold worth $15k.

Here's my choice:

It's true that these days spending money on other countries is not easy (neither in the country you live) but selling the gold is much easier than bitcoin and that's true 100%, but you are more in trouble holding the gold comparing with the piece of paper.

I can put 16 Chinese Pandas or Canadian Maple leaf coins in my pocket and sell one every few days anywhere in the world to pay for a month long vacation. Good luck trading bitcoins in 90% of the cities in the world.

Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:45:59 AM

You tell me, is gold better than Bitcoin? If you were stuck in a foreign country would you rather be carrying a paper wallet worth $15k or one pound of gold worth $15k.

Here's my choice:

It's true that these days spending money on other countries is not easy (neither in the country you live) but selling the gold is much easier than bitcoin and that's true 100%, but you are more in trouble holding the gold comparing with the piece of paper.

I can put 16 Chinese Pandas or Canadian Maple leaf coins in my pocket and sell one every few days anywhere in the world to pay for a month long vacation. Good luck trading bitcoins in 90% of the cities in the world.

Well unfornately bitcoin is getting stronger in the future because easy opportunity to get bitcoin in virtual world. Just imagine how you can earn by just fauceting, investing, trading and gambling unlike in earning gold you need to mine in your land a 50% 50% to get gold . Well ut good opportunity to have bitcoin.
SparkedDev

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:50:39 AM

Well unfornately bitcoin is getting stronger in the future because easy opportunity to get bitcoin in virtual world. Just imagine how you can earn by just fauceting, investing, trading and gambling unlike in earning gold you need to mine in your land a 50% 50% to get gold . Well ut good opportunity to have bitcoin.
Oh yeah for sure, its could be a good time to buy in or the worse decision of you life.
Gold don't really have the issue of dropping 300 in a day or so.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
thend1949

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:22:59 AM

Here's my choice:

Well you are right bitcoin is opportunity in earning money aside from earning real money in real life but however people doesnt recognizes bitcoin as money because they dont know it. it is something useless to them and not everyone know it unlike gold they know it and its value
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 06:50:24 AM

Here's my choice:

The problem is will there be any buyer for the coin you are selling, some countries you will try to sell it too might even not sell near what you are asking. Not everyone has interest in gold even if it is at of today at a lower price. Collectors are even picky about the conditiom of the kind of gold coins you are selling.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:45:10 PM

TBH i don't have gold in my hand and i never tried to touch gold in my life i want to have gold but its hard for me because it's too expensive when im going to buy one then im going to choose bitcoin because it is more the best i can really earn descent bitcoin because of signature campaign. Then have some money.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:27:22 PM

To be honest this gold-Bitcoin topic is debatable but I would go with Bitcoin has its value can easily grow faster than gold
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:38:40 PM

TBH i don't have gold in my hand and i never tried to touch gold in my life i want to have gold but its hard for me because it's too expensive when im going to buy one then im going to choose bitcoin because it is more the best i can really earn descent bitcoin because of signature campaign. Then have some money.
Gold is expensive when you buy a brick for example, but just like is possible with Bitcoin, you can also choose to buy smaller fractions of Gold.

You can start with a few grams of Gold where you keep adding more every 3 or 6 months since Gold is more expensive than Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ivan.daineko23

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:48:24 PM

To be honest this gold-Bitcoin topic is debatable but I would go with Bitcoin has its value can easily grow faster than gold

Not that the controversial topic. Just someone used to invest in gold, and someone in Bitcoin. Everyone chooses what he likes
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:58:31 PM

Gold is expensive when you buy a brick for example, but just like is possible with Bitcoin, you can also choose to buy smaller fractions of Gold.

You can start with a few grams of Gold where you keep adding more every 3 or 6 months since Gold is more expensive than Bitcoin.

That's right, my brothers and my uncles are goldsmith but i never took part in it as i have been studying and still doing, but i know that it is not important to buy a brick at once, but we can buy it in small parts like bitcoin, if i buy bitcoins with $200 then i can also buy a fraction of gold with the same money, now it depends on the person if what he likes more.
Financial_Genius

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:27:55 PM

Bitcoin and gold have a lot in common:
Scarcity.
Versatility.
A number of advantages if You choose bitcoin investment:
Excluding the possibility of forgery.
No need to carry.
The use as payment of goods and services.
No risk of forfeiture.
The convenience and safety.
Financial_Genius

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:31:29 PM

I don't think gold is better than Bitcoin because they can serve different purposes and be more or less useful depending on the circumstances. Gold has a long-standing stable value and can be used also in the form of jewelries as a sign of wealth. Bitcoin on the other hand has a very volatile price, can be stored digitally so it doesn't need special security measures unlike gold and can be sent to any destination in the world for almost no fees. So a financial institution or a very wealthy individual may choose gold to invest their money into and another smaller company may choose to conduct business with Bitcoin and profit off it price spikes so both have their utility.

This is not investing. The investment is primarily to create long-term wealth through the purchase of large businesses that have an objective chance to grow in price in the future.
You can't invest in bitcoin because for him there is nothing that creates value. In the long run, it is much more worthwhile to spend the effort investing in great businesses and let time work for you. Because the business will create value, you will get the opportunity to get income.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:37:23 PM

That's right, my brothers and my uncles are goldsmith but i never took part in it as i have been studying and still doing, but i know that it is not important to buy a brick at once, but we can buy it in small parts like bitcoin, if i buy bitcoins with $200 then i can also buy a fraction of gold with the same money, now it depends on the person if what he likes more.

It will depend on a person what level of risk he can afford to take if he is a safe player then he will surely go with gold as gold will give him good profits in long run and one who  wants higher profits will choose bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: