Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New opportunity for Emercoin holders!  (Read 560 times)
JakeJM (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:56:47 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 02:16:25 PM by JakeJM

Emercoin holders, blockchain startups and investors!

Hey Guys,

Wanna share some marvelous news with you as I am myself an Emercoin holder and find this opportunity worth spreading. Here is the Emercoin global investment fund EMC Global Fund appeared in Feb 2016, an independent project which has a known affiliation with a prominent system and a cryptocurrency of the same name, Emercoin.

Despite being a very young project, their activity is already bearing its fruit. I am impressed during the first month of its existence, it has already managed to attract more than $100,000 of investment. They are planning to attract about $1M of investors’ money. What is more they also plan to invest in at least 10 different companies during the following 6 months.

As far as I know in the meantime, the fund is actively working with the startups. In its essence, EMC Global Fund is a regular venture fund - it attracts investors and investment, funds startups, purchasing a share of each of them in the process, and subsequently closely follows their activities. One of its main distinctions from the regular venture funds is its high specialization, simply put, the main focus of the fund is financing the startups and companies, which use or plan to use Emercoin’s blockchain technology.

First off, it’s worth noting that EMC Global Fund is ready to invest in companies at different stages of their lifecycle, but the preference ultimately goes to startups at seed and early stages of growth. That is only natural as the potential ROI of such investments is very high, even when the higher risks are taken into account. Then, given the task that stands before the fund, it’s logical to mention that one of, if not the most important criterion for selection of startups is the possibility of the use of blockchain technology by them. The average sum of investment per each startup is something around $50K-150K.

However everything is quite simpler when speaking about the investors. There are no specific requirements for them, and their status plays no significant role. If the fund’s activities have interested a potential investor, they can just purchase a share of ownership.

I find this initiative a good thing as evidently fund is dedicated to a mission which is truly important in the current business environment. It’s actions can have a very significant effect of the development and mass-adoption of blockchain technologies in the long run.

EMC Global Fund official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EmerFund/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PageSN

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:47:17 PM

I want to know more about Emercoin. Do they have mining of it?
JonesK

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:43:42 PM

Sounds interesting, thanks for spreading the info. Just haven't managed to find how to join the Fund? What is the minimum sum of investment? can I e.g. invest 10 USD?
JakeJM (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:32:46 PM

As far as I know they don't have any min sum, you can invest even $1
JakeJM (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 06:03:50 PM

I want to know more about Emercoin. Do they have mining of it?

The mining is here pool.emercoin.com
Mining could be proof-of-stake with an encrypted wallet and in proof-of-work mining pools or in solo mode

Tdecha

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 06:10:30 PM

Please moderator, this sounds all so false.
A guy with 1 activity posts a "news" about the deal of the century
Then another guy (with 1 activity) ask for mining opportunity
Then a third one (with 1 activity; at this point, everyone understands it is the same guy) says it looks interesting and worth investing
Finally the first one (who is the 2nd and 3rd one as well) provides the 2 other fellows with the info...

Could it be moved to the trashcan ? Smiley
Adhacker

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:03:09 PM

I like the whole idea. But as for me I am still interested how are they going to choose the startups to invest in? How would they know it's a good startup to invest?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: