Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:07:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creation of a video game.  (Read 853 times)
Beefsock (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:09:12 PM

I am a graphic designer that has been dabbling with the idea of creating a video game for the PC. I know css and html, in other words I am useless for the programming aspect of this aside from maybe an idea here and there.

That said, I have a friend on board to create all of the music (he is an excellent guitarist and musician, I have known him for something like 16 years), I will do all of the artwork and I even have a game concept! Even though I haven't designed any of this yet I am sort of looking for a programmer and sort of gauging interest in this project.

The concept comes from my girlfriend while we were playing video games. She said to me "Why don't they make a video game where you don't die". Well, I'm here to (sort of) make this happen and then some. The idea is a platform game where the plot is to simply walk through the game and enjoy it. You can be alive or you can be dead, all it takes is a simple right click of the mouse to change your state and jump 100 years forward in time. One world will be the a brighter and more "real" world and the other another world will be the the darker "dead" world. Yes this means that I have to create the platforms very similar to each other and create 2 different worlds but I think that is worth it for the overall design of this beast. In the dead world you observe similar things to the real world, but they are altered to suit your newly-aged self that no longer exists (in a physical sense).

There will be many Easter eggs in both the "real" and "dead" world. When you change states (right click) the music will change accordingly. All of the Easter eggs in the game will alter your music/perception or both in one way or another. You play until the end, what's at the end you ask? Well, maybe you'll know if this game idea takes off.

Where does bitcoin (potentially) come into play? We can generate a bunch of keys for the game and sell them or release it for free to the community on donation, I am willing to split the profits of this 33/33/33 between myself, my friend and you. What I ask for in terms of programming is essentially something that is capable of what I've mentioned above. I want to right click to change states/worlds and music, I want to be able to left click to find easter eggs, and I want to be able to move left/right/jump with A/D/SPACE.

TL;DR : I want to make a platform game where you play as a human that can either be alive or dead by the right click of a mouse, many easter eggs as well as character design/level design and music engages the user in this adventure instantaneously through time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EricTyle

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 09:07:50 PM

Not a developer but interesting idea.

Sounds kind of like Super Meat Boy (http://supermeatboy.com/) if you ever played that.

Basically you're playing a Mario-esque game, when you die you start the level over (all levels are 1-screen), and after you "save" your girlfriend you see ALL the attempts of you failing and then that one that you win

Gameplay
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDrfhadEvlA)

Also, idea:
What if when you release the game, you do it kind of like how Humble Bundle does it? Where you have to donate to download; however there is no minimum limit to what you donate. So you can donate 0.01$ or if you wanted to you can donate 10,000$. So what if you released it for a BTC download with a minimum of .01 BTC? That's Roughly 25cents at todays prices so at least you'd be getting something.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 11:02:26 PM

You looking to make this a browser game or a stand alone executable?

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 11:21:19 PM

Sounds amazing, but what would be even more amazing (if you really want to help promote Bitcoin itself) is creating an epic game like you describe and ONLY releasing it for Bitcoin.  It would get huge press, and lots of people more interested in Bitcoin because of it.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 12:49:50 AM

I've played that exact game you propose about 2 years ago. Don't remember the name though. (It wasn't the Shift series of games)
Beefsock (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 03:42:43 AM

I've played that exact game you propose about 2 years ago. Don't remember the name though. (It wasn't the Shift series of games)

This I would like to see. I completely came up with the idea by myself. Anyway, I've been in contact with some people through reddit and have found someone to program it for me. He says we will be able to release it for android, mac, and PC. So that's great news and will reach a large audience. I will try to incorporate bitcoin in one way or another for this project still. We're at $22.00+ now, that's just great!
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 10:13:00 AM

This I would like to see.

I'll see if I can find out the name of the thing. It was an Indie production, possibly a flash game. It also eventually progressed into more than the two light and dark "states" the further you got in. It was also hard as hell.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: