Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:21:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest way to sell bulk bitcoins  (Read 2338 times)
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:57:37 AM

Hello,

I am inquiring as to what is the fastest way to offload my multiple bitcoins -

I have enough to sell in lots of 10

(mods if this is not the section for this then please move or let me know thankyou)

Localbitcoins is your best bet. Not only you can trade with the person in real life, and in person, which means you have more ground to negotiate on, and thus getting a better rate, but it also means less fees, and less worries about security.

If you can't use localbitcoins, then use a legit exchange like Kraken or coinbase.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:57:48 AM

Hello,

(mods if this is not the section for this then please move or let me know thankyou)
10BTC is big amount for me,i just imagine when i want trade that amount,i will use localbitcoins and find the most trusted traders or buyers. or i would like to find the most trusted member here,and use the most trusted escrow.

CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:46:36 AM

Hello,

10BTC is big amount for me,i just imagine when i want trade that amount,i will use localbitcoins and find the most trusted traders or buyers. or i would like to find the most trusted member here,and use the most trusted escrow.

Yup Even I have a experiance with localbitcoins normally. now presently I used to hold the bitcoins due to halving!
makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:13:13 PM

Hello,

just find people that would buy them, search for them here on forums or online, i am sure that there are plenty of people that would like to buy bitcoins

or just search for a good exchange site that let you change bitcoins to money, or find a ATM and get your money there, that should help you
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:29:43 PM

Yup Even I have a experiance with localbitcoins normally. now presently I used to hold the bitcoins due to halving!
that's true,but its not a reason for us to not trade or sell bitcoins,i believe some people here have good reputation to sell or buy bitcoin,and if we must use localbitcoins,the only way to make good transaction is looking for old traders there.
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:55:25 PM

local bitcoin make a account and sell a few for cheaper than the going
rate so you can build up reputation.

then start selling them in 1-2 btc at a time.

you got to build up. Its gonna be tough to trust or be trusted
to meet with someone and make a 5k ish transaction.

That's a good option to sell through localbitcoins.com, Even there are traders who are accepting bulk volume of bitcoins.

Completely agree. 

The OP could even offload them by putting up cash deposit online ad and offer at spot and would have no trouble unloading them.  I do think you would draw some attention if you did that.

I would mix it up by adding a couple of exchanges like someone else mentioned.

Also, when unloading them quickly, think about how you are going to collect the money.  The quickest option- electronically- leaves the biggest trail.  If you are going to meet up in cash, don't sell big amounts until you feel comfortable.  Selling 10 or more btc at a time, and you're talking carrying over 3k on you.  What are you going to do with the cash?  Keep it on you the whole day?  What if you have more than 1 sale?  Before you know it, you could have over 20k on you and you're walking down the street suspicious of everyone.

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:56:20 AM

Don't take too much risk for this because it;s huge amount the better way is to do it in your local place meet the person and once you recived your money then transfer your bitcoins. Online transfer that too huge 3 or 4 btc at  time is risky i think.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:22:25 PM

Don't take too much risk for this because it;s huge amount the better way is to do it in your local place meet the person and once you recived your money then transfer your bitcoins. Online transfer that too huge 3 or 4 btc at  time is risky i think.

Having a regular bulk buyer thats local is the only route.

You do $20k within 1 year of transactions in only a few days its sketch through a normal cash deposit, its going to look suspicious unless you have a normal business that makes over six figures.
Olaf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:50:53 PM

local bitcoin make a account and sell a few for cheaper than the going
rate so you can build up reputation.

then start selling them in 1-2 btc at a time.

you got to build up. Its gonna be tough to trust or be trusted
to meet with someone and make a 5k ish transaction.

That's a good option to sell through localbitcoins.com, Even there are traders who are accepting bulk volume of bitcoins.

Completely agree. 

The OP could even offload them by putting up cash deposit online ad and offer at spot and would have no trouble unloading them.  I do think you would draw some attention if you did that.

I would mix it up by adding a couple of exchanges like someone else mentioned.

Also, when unloading them quickly, think about how you are going to collect the money.  The quickest option- electronically- leaves the biggest trail.  If you are going to meet up in cash, don't sell big amounts until you feel comfortable.  Selling 10 or more btc at a time, and you're talking carrying over 3k on you.  What are you going to do with the cash?  Keep it on you the whole day?  What if you have more than 1 sale?  Before you know it, you could have over 20k on you and you're walking down the street suspicious of everyone.

Anything that requires a deposit somewhere will leave a money trail.

What youre looking for is other people you pay for as moving your money can be referred as smurfs or aka mules. Which that trust is hard to come by..

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: