Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to add more mods to Reddit r/bitcoin  (Read 1140 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 01:32:07 AM

IMO many, many more mods need to be added to the r/bitcoin Reddit.  it is too important, and I realize the same power structure that exists on these boards also exists there.

Decentralize the bitcoin media - as much as we can IMO

IMO:

1)  r/bitcoin is extremely important.  It should have many top bitcoin community members as mods. 

2)  Current Mods: theymos hugolp

3)  I believed there to be some /bitcoin manipulation on Reddit recently.  I was going to report it to the moderators, but frankly what's the point - I believe this forum administration to make very pro-Butterfly Labs moves in all areas, in all ways.  the recent splitting of the BFL thread and labeling it a "troll museum" when the founder is an indicted mail fraudster seems to be without any merit. 

4) I know many in this community "don't want to make trouble" and "want everyone to get along" but as my new friend TJ the Juggler recently told me, "sometimes doing nothing is an action" which certainly applies to things like freedom of speech and the ability to be an outspoken critic without being silenced. 

Let's start with the Reddit IMO.  add 5 or so moderators?  have voting?  bitcoin foundation members? Gavin to start? Bitinstant memebers, bitpay guys, coinbase guys, mtgox guys, get the big boy bitcoin businesses to each have a rep.  I do not want to be a moderator of the /bitcoin reddit and refuse to accept the position, as I have enough bitcoin-media channels that I already control and am likely too controversial to be generally accepted, so this is not a push to get me in there - this is wanting the reddit to be fair.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 01:35:48 AM

I do not believe moderators are the answer. What is the exact problem on reddit? Is it scamming?
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 01:42:53 AM

Wait isn't reddit a self moderation platform, so I see no point in this, plus it is reddit who cares...
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:16:35 PM

IMO many, many more mods need to be added to the r/bitcoin Reddit.  it is too important, and I realize the same power structure that exists on these boards also exists there.

IMO:

1)  r/bitcoin is extremely important.  It should have many top bitcoin community members as mods. 

2)  Current Mods: theymos hugolp

3)  I believed there to be some /bitcoin manipulation on Reddit recently.  I was going to report it to the moderators, but frankly what's the point - I believe this forum administration to make very pro-Butterfly Labs moves in all areas, in all ways.  the recent splitting of the BFL thread and labeling it a "troll museum" when the founder is an indicted mail fraudster seems to be without any merit. 

4) I know many in this community "don't want to make trouble" and "want everyone to get along" but as my new friend TJ the Juggler recently told me, "sometimes doing nothing is an action" which certainly applies to things like freedom of speech and the ability to be an outspoken critic without being silenced. 

Let's start with the Reddit IMO.  add 5 or so moderators?  have voting?  bitcoin foundation members? Gavin to start? Bitinstant memebers, bitpay guys, coinbase guys, mtgox guys, get the big boy bitcoin businesses to each have a rep.  I do not want to be a moderator of the /bitcoin reddit and refuse to accept the position, as I have enough bitcoin-media channels that I already control and am likely too controversial to be generally accepted, so this is not a push to get me in there - this is wanting the reddit to be fair.

Set up a new forum using Discourse.  It is much more interesting to use than SMF.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 08:36:05 PM

You can do that by starting a bitcoin forum.

Jaylez

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 02:19:51 AM

I don't understand the point? I use /r/bitcoin often and I don't see any problem with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: