Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling stuff on eBay for commission?  (Read 1017 times)
zvs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 05:53:01 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2013, 10:01:11 AM by zvs

Is there anything like that out there?  

i.e. if I sent someone 20 GPUs, half a dozen PSUs, half a dozen motherboards, and various other junk, someone sells it on eBay for me, and we work out a commission rate?

Are there companies that do that?  Or would I have to contract an individual?

I'll be turning off all my mining equipment soon and I'm not too keen on wasting time selling it myself, but I also don't want to add it to my junk pile in the storage shed

edit:

it seems like this will be more than a week or two away.  probably a month or two.  though if you're interested, feel free to post.. i'll still want to sell all this stuff after enough ASICs hit the market.  the value right now is around $5k.. well, maybe more like $10k (i guess I could take the old i3's, geforces, and what not out of storage)

i bet junk like boxed copies of darklands and battle tech: crescent hawk's inception even have some value.. jaja

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinVisitor

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:58:06 AM

I can perhaps help you out with that. If you send me a list of what you have and be as specific as possible I can tell you what to expect  and your final gains after ebay fees, paypal fees and so on you should expect and if in fact ebay is the best market.

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com
zvs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:07:48 AM

I can perhaps help you out with that. If you send me a list of what you have and be as specific as possible I can tell you what to expect  and your final gains after ebay fees, paypal fees and so on you should expect and if in fact ebay is the best market.

I was thinking something along the lines of 50-50, or 60 (me)-40 if I have to pay the shipping cost  (to you), so the 2nd would be more likely, I would think anyway... as it'd reduce the risk to the person working on commission.  The price that would be used would be the price after the eBay fees are deducted.  I would want stuff sold at a 'reasonable' price (ie, if 5830's are selling for an average of $75 on eBay and the lowest is $50, then I wouldn't want one of mine sold for $40 or $45).

It's not something I'm doing right this moment...   it'll depend on how fast Avalon gets their ASIC shipments out.  At the current price of BTC ($19.50'ish), I'll keep my GPUs going until about 4m difficulty.  

But my guess would be anywhere from a week to possibly up to a month.
zvs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:09:37 AM

oh.. yeah, it wouldn't have to be eBay, either....... as long as I could obtain proof of the amt collected, etc..
CoinVisitor

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 08:45:49 AM

Sounds good, the 60/40 is fair and I would cover all the fees and stuff. you would get 60% of the selling price in full.After ebay and paypal fees and everything I would get about 23% which is fair for me to list, pack and ship. Let me know what you think or if you want you can come visit us at our sites chat which is http://coinvisitor.com/chat/?login, I am there most hours of the day.

Kev
(coinvisitor)

zvs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 09:57:26 AM

It seems like first shipment was only 60 units (?), so that alone wouldn't increase the difficulty to 4m.  So this will likely be another month or two down the road.... either with Avalon's second shipment or whenever some other company ships.  only name I recall is butterfly labs, just because they were supposed to ship like 3 or 4 months ago.  not sure what the date is now
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 10:03:05 AM

I can perhaps help you out with that. If you send me a list of what you have and be as specific as possible I can tell you what to expect  and your final gains after ebay fees, paypal fees and so on you should expect and if in fact ebay is the best market.
You could sell Bitcoins for me. We share the profit 50/50 - you bear the (ebay) fees.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
CoinVisitor

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:14:09 PM

I wish I could sell bitcoins on ebay. It is only a matter of time until they stop the ones that do. We had one guy in our site that sells them often have his paypal account locked from dealing in bitcoins. But since you bring it up there are a few things about it that maybe should be mentioned.

The thing is I do not know the details of the paypal lock because a lot of people have them send the money as gifts and I do not care who you are your not having different people from all over the world sending gifts of about the same amount of money multiple times a day, day after day. So it likely put him on a watch list if you want to call it that and may have been part of the problem.

For people who do not know that they send  it is as gifts and payments owed to stop reversal of the payment, most bitcoin and paypal people know that but for the newer to paypal and bitcoins it is a word of caution. The payments are often sent under personal and one of the options is selected that do not allow charge backs or tiny fees if any. Just another example how we will use anything they give us to make these exchanges happen.

As tempting as it is I cannot take a chance of them freezing either paypal or ebay account. Right now it seems to be going ok with both as a general rule. But I have seen ebay and paypal change overnight sometimes and freezes and locks of thousands accounts happen the next day over the next few days of them taking their bipolar business practices to the next level.

Thanks for the offer though but I am sort of surprised it has gone on this long. Part of the reason is I think is bitcoin is more of a commodity than a currency but once things shift more and bitcoin is used more for outside bitcoin for fiat money and buying products and services takes off more, both paypal and ebay will wake up once again and pull the usual crap of making policy or applying current policy with the lawyer twist to make this problem go away for them.

But good luck on that, we will always find a way to make these things happen inside or outside of paypal.

CoinVisitor

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:32:24 PM

One more quick thing to bitcats, should you decide clean out the everything drawer or the things I used to have to have and no longer use closet then we could talk sales and percentages. Nobody gets more money for over priced,useless or useful things than I do on there or can sell them quicker.

Kev

bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 01:44:42 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 08:10:05 AM by bitcats

You can sell on egay without using PP, just use your normal bank acc.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 05:25:30 AM

I've done this with a few clients in the past. It typically works like this.

1. Goods are received
2. Item and pricing research
3. Photos are taken. I have a professional photo studio setup, a high end DSLR camera, and post process everything in Lightroom
4. Price agreed upon for listings
5. Listings posted

If you haven't worked out a deal yet with coinvisitor, im an Ebay power seller, and have 100% positive feedback on both Etsy and Ebay. I have a corporate shipping account, so i enjoy reduced shipping costs. Shoot me a PM, we can discuss this in greater detail.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 05:35:13 AM

I sell bitcoins for paypal on ebay all the time. They are not going to stop me. They get paid when I sell and I take the charge back risk. It is not a matter of time before they stop me. I do agree about sending as a gift I do not allow my buyers to send as a gift, I want pay pal to get paid so they dont have a problem with my account.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 08:10:41 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230921973753

No fees, no PayPal, if you post in that category, with that footer (or switched to header).

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 05:26:47 PM

That is why so many bitcoin sellers get shut down or scammed they try and get around fees through the site. Ebay and PP get paid when I sell, I will not go around them it is a policy violation and as much as I dislike ebay and PP it is what people use. I can't try and cheat them on their site. So I just sell it the way they want it sold on the site. That is why I only sell one coin on ebay at a time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: