Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:40:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: John (John K.)'s escrow service (previously known as johnthedong)  (Read 54063 times)
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:58:32 AM

I take a hiatus for half a day and I'm presented with a bulging PM-box.  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:41:51 PM

On my trust/rep issue:

I'll take them both.

John, you're a mod here, and acting as escrow, so you'll be the one holding my money and receiving his machine?   That's a lot of value in your hands, and while the only reason I feel comfortable even talking about this transaction is because you are involved I would need some personal details to know who I am actually dealing with here.

If that's not out of line, and the seller agrees we can move forward.

300 BTC is a fair price for 2 pre-orders for B2.   

Since the Avalon owner is also a member of this forum I'd politely hope he would verify the orders and such.

I'm only holding the deposit at the moment for his transaction, as stated above.

As per my rep here, I've been doing escrow for some time already. I'm currently holding over 2k BTC of others funds, the greatest being 1k BTC of the forum for an indefinite period of time, and others from various members here. I've lost count of how much funds that have passed through my hands so far, but a few large-sized transaction that I can make public here is a 2200 BTC TX some weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141672.msg1568855#msg1568855) , and multiple large-sized AM share auctions like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144574.0 . I have a thread here too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141672

I don't really keep a ledger of my escrows as it would eat up too much time to do so, but I generally escrow 2-3 transactions daily.

As for security:

So everyone's asking me how I store escrow funds - I store them in Offline Armory with the seed backed up in encrypted paper wallets in multiple places including but not limited to a bank vault and lawyer's safe.

As always, please do your homework before choosing an escrow (or even sending coins in general!), so feel free to do your own research and stuff before choosing to trust me or not.  Smiley
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:34:34 PM

Cancel this John.

Guy flaked out or was a scammer didn't provide proof of life and didn't get back to me after last email regarding using you as an escrow.

(posted here as I can't find the other guy's nick here)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for sceneboss (Mark)(the seller) and Bicknellski's(the buyer) transaction would be:

1KeFhfELAgm3q48bWKE85LJzxV3G5kdHe6

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a ‘statement of condition’.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos.  
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am doing this partly as a community service for members, I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.  
If it does not represent a burden to do so, please tip me at 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz .

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
8 April 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=ZJ4H
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
maxmint

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:36:35 PM

I just sold a website and used John's escrow service.
Everything was handled very professional and I can wholeheartedly recommend John.

My PGP-Key: 462D02D8
Verify my messages using keybase: https://keybase.io/maxmint
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:37:17 PM

Cancel this John.

Guy flaked out or was a scammer didn't provide proof of life and didn't get back to me after last email regarding using you as an escrow.

(posted here as I can't find the other guy's nick here)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The escrow address for sceneboss (Mark)(the seller) and Bicknellski's(the buyer) transaction would be:

1KeFhfELAgm3q48bWKE85LJzxV3G5kdHe6

Please state and agree to the conditions (if item is received damaged, item lost with tracking, customs fee etc) beforehand.

If possible, GPG sign your agreement to prevent any discrepancies later on and please ship with tracking to prevent problems during delivery. GPG signing is not a requirement, and any verbal exchange in the form of private messages or posts on bitcointalk.org, or email is effective as a ‘statement of condition’.

The fine print:
This Contract is solely generated for the purpose of facilitating the transaction between the seller and the buyer, which refers to the pseudonyms used on bitcointalk.org.
The escrow holder, John, assumes and gives no liability or guarantees on the satisfaction of all parties involved, although he agrees to mediate and facilitate the deal to the fullest extent he is capable of.  On the event that any problems arises, he will release the escrow to whichever party that presents him with the most convincing proof and/or after an open discussion with others or theymos.  
The verbal acceptance by both parties (or the failure to reject) and the sending of Bitcoins to the escrow address above constitutes the acceptance of the terms and conditions stated, and the activation of this Contract.

Please understand that I am doing this partly as a community service for members, I am assuming the risk of holding the escrowed Bitcoins, and I am using my own time to facilitate this transaction.  
If it does not represent a burden to do so, please tip me at 1NB1KFnFqnP3WSDZQrWV3pfmph5fWRyadz .

Thank you.

John (the escrow holder)
8 April 2013
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (MingW32)
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=ZJ4H
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Oh well, guess I wasted yet another generated address again.  Cry
*scratches out address*
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:41:02 PM

I just sold a website and used John's escrow service.
Everything was handled very professional and I can wholeheartedly recommend John.

Thanks again for the quick and smooth transaction, and the tip!
*teary eyed with one of the rare feedbacks I get here*   Tongue
SilentSonicBoom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 07:41:23 PM

Just used John K as escrow with a deal with Bogart. Both were very accomodating, friendly, and knowledgable. A small token of appreciation is being sent to John K as I type this. Thanks!

John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:20:09 AM

Just used John K as escrow with a deal with Bogart. Both were very accomodating, friendly, and knowledgable. A small token of appreciation is being sent to John K as I type this. Thanks!
Thanks again for everything!  Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 05:32:28 AM

I would recommend John for this service. The only other person I would recommend (off the top of my head) to do the same is Rassah. SERIOUSLY!!!

Good luck, John, with this endeavor.

Full Disclosure: I only read the first couple posts of this thread.

~Bruno K~
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:06:55 AM

I would recommend John for this service. The only other person I would recommend (off the top of my head) to do the same is Rassah. SERIOUSLY!!!

Good luck, John, with this endeavor.

Full Disclosure: I only read the first couple posts of this thread.

~Bruno K~
Thanks mate.  Grin
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:09:53 AM

I've been prompted to use Casascious's 3-of-2 escrow utility (not too sure of the naming here) after someone asked what is preventing me to do a runner apart from my rep. Now to familiarize myself with this...
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:27:41 AM

I've been prompted to use Casascious's 3-of-2 escrow utility (not too sure of the naming here) after someone asked what is preventing me to do a runner apart from my rep. Now to familiarize myself with this...

Here: http://www.bitescrow.org/
Can be used offline. And the instructions on the page will be enough for you to understand how it works.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 09:14:17 AM

Here: http://www.bitescrow.org/
Can be used offline. And the instructions on the page will be enough for you to understand how it works.
Nah, I'm using the sources from Casascious himself just to be safe.  Wink
BitCoinHarlemite

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Sup Bitches and Hoes!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 01:05:26 PM

I wanna buy a ASIC rig, so If I can get a trustworthy escrow service-then by all means, I am down.

"Get that fucking desert cart off of my foot!"- M.Ghandi, 1925
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:21:06 PM

I wanna buy a ASIC rig, so If I can get a trustworthy escrow service-then by all means, I am down.
Just drop me a PM when you need this. I'm currently escrowing 2 different ASIC deals now.
BitCoinHarlemite

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Sup Bitches and Hoes!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:37:54 PM

Alrighty

"Get that fucking desert cart off of my foot!"- M.Ghandi, 1925
xenigma

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:19:49 PM

I would like to know if you would be interested in acting as a third party to help me withdraw funds which are USD from bitfloor. I'd like to acquire USD on bitstamp, but would potentially accept BTC depending on how involved this process would be. Thank you for your reply.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:27:03 AM

I would like to know if you would be interested in acting as a third party to help me withdraw funds which are USD from bitfloor. I'd like to acquire USD on bitstamp, but would potentially accept BTC depending on how involved this process would be. Thank you for your reply.
Hmm... I've never used Bitfloor before so I don't know the procedure. What's preventing you from withdrawing the funds from bitfloor?
xenigma

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:26:57 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply.

They made the decision to cease exchange activity indefinitely. Users with BTC could withdraw to private wallets while USD funds are only accessible via ACH transfer to a US bank account. I do not have a US bank account, and they have not made any information public on what/when non-US users might be reimbursed. I'm about two weeks away from personal liquidity issues, yet have a little over 2500 USD in my bitfloor account.

I've elaborated more here (same thread, but two posts regarding the situation):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179135.msg1880397#msg1880397

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179135.msg1880785#msg1880785
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:36:05 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply.

They made the decision to cease exchange activity indefinitely. Users with BTC could withdraw to private wallets while USD funds are only accessible via ACH transfer to a US bank account. I do not have a US bank account, and they have not made any information public on what/when non-US users might be reimbursed. I'm about two weeks away from personal liquidity issues, yet have a little over 2500 USD in my bitfloor account.

I've elaborated more here (same thread, but two posts regarding the situation):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179135.msg1880397#msg1880397

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179135.msg1880785#msg1880785

I'm afraid I can't help you on this as I'm not in the States currently. I can, however, escrow the transaction if you manage to find a buyer and you want to be safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: