Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox streaming data  (Read 830 times)
romerun (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:14:26 AM

Hi, I'm playing around with XChange library connecting to the mtgox api gateway to receive realtime trade/depth data.

The url it's talking to is something like:

http://socketio.mtgox.com/mtgox?Channel=depth&Currency=USD:80

The issue is when it's not midnight til early morning, it will say, connection problem or something. I can understand that mtgox streaming data gateway probably can't handle big load of US/EU customers, but i find it odd that http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/ always work just fine, and judging from UI, they are using the streaming data, not the polling one.

I also wonder, inorder to use mtgox streaming api these days, one has to connect to their server at night, and maintain the connection throughout the following day, because mtgox has the max number of con. rejecting new connections on the busy hours ? or just keep trying to connect ?
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 12:17:53 AM

My website uses the socket.io JavaScript client library that handle automatic reconnects and selection of proper medium depending on browser capability.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: