Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:35:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best online wallet?  (Read 1548 times)
johny1976 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1002

Developer

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:04:58 AM

What is in your opinion the best online wallet? From most important to the least: security, site background (owners), api options, user friendly interface.

Thanks 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:28:32 AM

I chose bittrex. in bittrex lot of coin are supported. with security features and a trusted website. I recommend this.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:35:33 AM

Why do you want to use an online wallet? A Core 0.12 wallet can be pruned to 2GB, sync time has significantly improved, easy options to throttle bandwidth and most importantly you can be your own bank.

That means you can fork off invalid chains when lite wallets like blockchain.info follow the wrong chain. It means you don't have to trust anyone to tell if you got paid, or to properly credit your account, or allow you to withdraw. Any private services are potential exit scams, and any lite/SPV wallet leaves you vulnerable to accepting invalid transactions.

adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:39:03 AM

The best online wallet is not stored your bitcoin on exchanger. Because there are many scams about it and for me the best online wallet is blockchain.info. It's easy to use and small fee transaction.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:41:58 AM

I chose bittrex. in bittrex lot of coin are supported. with security features and a trusted website. I recommend this.

Bittrex is not a wallet, it's an exchanger you don't have ultimate controll over your private key, once the site is down you are literally lose your money,

In my opinion the best online wallet is blockchain is easy to use and have a system security like 2 factor authentication, and it's prety safe due to the controll over our private key, it's better than coinbase or xapo

Never tried greenaddress and bitgo and other wallet before
johny1976 (OP)
Legendary

Developer

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:42:30 AM

Why do you want to use an online wallet? A Core 0.12 wallet can be pruned to 2GB, sync time has significantly improved, easy options to throttle bandwidth and most importantly you can be your own bank.

That means you can fork off invalid chains when lite wallets like blockchain.info follow the wrong chain. It means you don't have to trust anyone to tell if you got paid, or to properly credit your account, or allow you to withdraw. Any private services are potential exit scams, and any lite/SPV wallet leaves you vulnerable to accepting invalid transactions.

How can you store core 0.12 wallet to just 2 GB?
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 01:51:19 AM

Honestly I've never had any sort of problem for using blockchain.info wallet even though some others had different experiences so I'll list what they do have according to what you listed:
Security - Anything that operates on the internet, isn't 100% secured.
Site background - There is, a complete list with pictures.
Api options - It has but I would recomment using other API's instead since up until few months ago, their API had some sort of delay.
User friendly interface - Very much a yes.
And also what you forgot to list was, functionality in which it has that as well.

On a side note: This thread belong to service discussion instead, moving there might help you to get more answers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
johny1976 (OP)
Legendary

Developer

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:00:58 AM

Honestly I've never had any sort of problem for using blockchain.info wallet even though some others had different experiences so I'll list what they do have according to what you listed:
Security - Anything that operates on the internet, isn't 100% secured.
Site background - There is, a complete list with pictures.
Api options - It has but I would recomment using other API's instead since up until few months ago, their API had some sort of delay.
User friendly interface - Very much a yes.
And also what you forgot to list was, functionality in which it has that as well.

On a side note: This thread belong to service discussion instead, moving there might help you to get more answers.

Hi,

I've also heard rumours about blockchain.info. Is it based on truth? I've also noticed they are sometimes under ddos attacks.

Thanks for the opinion and advice! Smiley
thesame12

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:39:41 AM

Blockchain.info most definitly.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:49:00 AM

Since last release, Core wallets can now run in pruned mode, meaning most of the blockchain does not need to be stored on disk.

johny1976 (OP)
Legendary

Developer

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:56:51 AM

Since last release, Core wallets can now run in pruned mode, meaning most of the blockchain does not need to be stored on disk.

I haven't known that. Thanks
Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:10:33 AM

like what everyone said , blockchain.info but i'm not activate 2fa because i afraid if lost my phone number ,,  
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:51:17 AM

Another vote for blockchain, but really having a local wallet is the better option.  I wouldn't trust long term storage on large amounts to any online wallet.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:53:05 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 10:43:49 AM by geopolisch

Will also suggest blockchain but I use mycelium in my mobile. I never really use any other wallet other than that.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:41:16 AM

Why would anyone want to have an online wallet and be concerned with security ? This 2 things just don't fit in one place. Lot of cases reported of wallets being hacked(blockchain being the main target). I can understand if you want some money to be spent, low amount. In this case Mycellium in IOS in a mobile is much more safe than any online wallet. You should always have a desktop wallet for better security and keep the private keys or master seed stored securely in some different place, in case your PC is broken, you can restore your funds with the master seed.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:55:26 AM

The popular one is blockchain, I have started to use Mycellium on IOS and there is also Coinbase, you can't beat your own wallet at the end of the day where you are in full control but for everyday transaction usage I would vote for Coinbase.
tifossi

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:47:22 PM

I'm happy with blockchain. I'm using the iOS app and are happy with it. The only thing which is not working is the fingerprint login. But I never had any problems. Two times someone was trying to login in my wallet but I have 2FA enabled and all is fine.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:54:44 PM

Personally I only use mycelium and a local exchange wallet coins.ph for my coins. I use blockchain from time to time for small trasactions but I never really use blockchain as a wallet to store my coins. I use blockchain like a disposable address. I never trust them.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:02:11 PM

What is in your opinion the best online wallet? From most important to the least: security, site background (owners), api options, user friendly interface.

Thanks 
I think,  https://wallet.blocktrail.com is a good option.
bitdumper

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 04:04:20 PM

In my opinion every web wallet is INSECURE.
I mainly use Brainwallet in OFFLINE mode.
You can generate address, send money, sign message with it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: