News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will my prediction hold?
Yes.
No.
I don't know.
What is WAVES?
Bitcoin is the best; forget about the rest.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Prediction: WAVES vs. PayPal and such  (Read 2228 times)
JollyTrades (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:52:20 AM

After seeing this thread, I suddenly began to think of the future of WAVES. It will be better than bitcoin, to be sure, as a payment system. And if bitcoin has proven itself to be a better payment method than Western Union, why not WAVES will prove itself to be better than the most of the payment systems? There you go with my prediction now: Within the 4 year period after its launch, the WAVES platform will surpass all of the payment systems except for the most established top 4, when their daily volume is compared.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:32:11 AM

Slick graphic design. No significant technological innovation documented. Browser plugin  Huh Don't they understand the browser is dying along with the desktop!

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 06:27:21 AM

Slick graphic design. No significant technological innovation documented. Browser plugin  Huh Don't they understand the browser is dying along with the desktop!

Git: https://github.com/ScorexProject/Scorex

Full node client will be built is Scala, on Scorex platform which Kushti and his team have been developing. Lite, end-user, client will be in JS. Also there most probably will be a full-node C++ client.

First paper: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1603.07926v1.pdf

Faq: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/faq-7664c1d1b1bf#.7knihl6g3

Vision: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-platform-vision-a532840ba061#.9abpighet

Blog: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:03:09 AM

This is a very optimistic vision, and I am not really sure that this is included in Waves objectives...
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:03:23 AM

If you are implementing truly decentralized exchange, then I assume you are paying attention to my explanation (and help) provided to jl777 on how to implement it correctly:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364951.msg13925984#msg13925984

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

If you are implementing truly decentralized exchange, then I assume you are paying attention to my explanation (and help) provided to jl777 on how to implement it correctly:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364951.msg13925984#msg13925984

Yes, i am following your discussion, jl777 is advising also

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.msg14104607#msg14104607

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:11:59 AM

I voted "I don't know", as at this point I have no idea how the devs will proceed with this coin and how they can achieve enough public awareness and acceptance. The coin itself looks good, but its future depends on marketing.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:56:04 AM

I voted "I don't know", as at this point I have no idea how the devs will proceed with this coin and how they can achieve enough public awareness and acceptance. The coin itself looks good, but its future depends on marketing.

On tech, marketing and being used by the people. Team is great, there will be next paper soon, marketing team is also in place.

JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:50:19 AM

A cross-platform application version of the lightweight client will be an easy thing to achieve. Once the Chrome plugin is ready, the work needed to create a desktop and mobile app is measured in hours.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:42:32 AM

Don't they understand the browser is dying along with the desktop!

Browsers aren't dying - they are wrapped in thin apps.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 03:30:49 PM

After seeing this thread, I suddenly began to think of the future of WAVES. It will be better than bitcoin, to be sure, as a payment system. And if bitcoin has proven itself to be a better payment method than Western Union, why not WAVES will prove itself to be better than the most of the payment systems? There you go with my prediction now: Within the 4 year period after its launch, the WAVES platform will surpass all of the payment systems except for the most established top 4, when their daily volume is compared.

That all depends on adoption, which is the point where a lot of cryptocurrencies choke. Undecided

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

bezbezbez

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 08:25:06 PM

Guys, please check our first Newsletter!

WAVES — “Newsletter No. 1”

Read more: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-newsletter-no-1-a9826d739cf6#.9icqegp7q
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:12:20 PM

Don't they understand the browser is dying along with the desktop!

Browsers aren't dying - they are wrapped in thin apps.

My point is that a browser GUI wallet will not by itself drive mass adoption. To drive mass adoption, you need a use case on mobile.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:42:39 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 10:07:42 AM by TPTB_need_war

Full node client will be built is Scala, on Scorex platform which Kushti and his team have been developing.

I applaud attempts to modularize code and improve succinctness. I am also a Scala programmer, so I understand its benefits and also its drawbacks.

However, I think you are entirely wrong about proof-of-stake and when the fix I am making for proof-of-work arrives, I think you will find it won't fit into your current separation-of-concerns without significant refactoring.

But moreover, I just don't think a colored coin concept is the key to mass adoption. It may be worthwhile for speculation markets.

Who is Kushti in real life? May I review his LinkedIn account so I can determine his career experience and accomplishments? I might be interested in working with him (I am searching for talented developers).

JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:32:57 AM

It is obvious that a cryptocurrency initiative will not be successful without the support from licensed financial institutions, and it would also be rightfully claimed that the strength of a cryptocurrency or a crypto-platform is correlated with that of the businesses based on it. With WAVES, we have these two components of strength combined together. That is, it is WAVES's cardinal feature to work with well-regulated financial institutions for fiat integration. Thus, the businesses utilizing the platform is the financial institutions that give power to the platform. There has been no crypto-initiative to achieve, even to aim this.

In several places in this forum, too, you see people claiming it would be against the nature of the blockchain technology to incorporate fiat currencies into the basis of a decentralized network. Well, challenge accepted! We will make crypto-fiat as the founding feature of our system. And you will be astonished by the positive consequences.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:37:26 AM

It is obvious that a cryptocurrency initiative will not be successful without the support from licensed financial institutions,

Don't be so smug. The licensed financial institutions system is the one that is dying and will collapse in a heap of chaos from 2018 - 2032. A new decentralized Digital Age is emerging.

We will make crypto-fiat as the founding feature of our system. And you will be astonished by the positive consequences.

We may be astonished, but I am betting against it be a positive outcome.

JollyTrades (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:05:50 AM

It is obvious that a cryptocurrency initiative will not be successful without the support from licensed financial institutions,

Don't be so smug. The licensed financial institutions system is the one that is dying and will collapse in a heap of chaos from 2018 - 2032. A new decentralized Digital Age is emerging.

I am in no way a supporter of the currently prevailing corporate system, nor of its guardians, i.e., the legal mafia. I may have misconstrued my sentences if I sounded so. But if this corrupt and unscrupulous system is to die, it will bury itself alive and die afterwards. Let us be the ones to celebrate its autoimmune agony.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:52:45 AM

Let us be the ones to celebrate its autoimmune agony.

No disagreement. If WAVES can milk that tit without siphoning off our capital to the dying system as Ethereum, Bitcoin, and most every other coin except maybe Monero, then great! But I have my skepticism about colored coins ending up just being more means for the speculation experts to rape the naive amongst us.

Piece of Shit Bitcoiners et al. Hall of Fame ...

Excellent Doxx'ing, Gleb.  It pains my eyes to see so many knucklefucks lined up in a row, but there you have it.

You forgot:

Satoshi Nakamoto ("Bitcoin is debased less than gold!" lie)
Satoshi Nakamoto ("Bitcoin is decentralized" lie)

In case nb00bs haven't noticed, all during Bitcon's current life it has been double-digit debased which transfers to Chinese miners who control 67% of the hashrate (who have already 51% attacked disallowing any block size increase) and who have $50 per BTC costs and dump the coins at huge profits to siphon our Libertarian capital away to China's Communism. And then there is Larry Summers, Blythe Masters et al gunning for their share of our ass raping with 21 Inc, etc..

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:59:11 AM

Full node client will be built is Scala, on Scorex platform which Kushti and his team have been developing.

I applaud attempts to modularize code and improve succinctness. I am also a Scala programmer, so I understand its benefits and also its drawbacks.

However, I think you are entirely wrong about proof-of-stake and when the fix I am making for proof-of-work arrives, I think you will find it won't fit into your current separation-of-concerns without significant refactoring.

But moreover, I just don't think a colored coin concept is the key to mass adoption. It may be worthwhile for speculation markets.

Who is Kushti in real life? May I review his LinkedIn account so I can determine his career experience and accomplishments? I might be interested in working with him (I am searching for talented developers).

Some more info on Kushti https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387944.msg14373167#msg14373167

RATM69

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:04:15 AM

I too see big potential with WAVES.
I hope the ICO is successful and the launch can moved forward as planned.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: