Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Higher price. More people should sell.  (Read 3113 times)
aurora (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 06:31:57 PM

At least thats how it works in stock market. But it doesn look like too many players wanna get rid off their coins. I guess most people with coins go with the flow.
What is reason you are not selling?

Dym.game
Double your money. Use Martingale/anti strategies. 1 to 1 odds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 06:34:41 PM

The bitcoin market cap is still in the 100 million dollar range

If "instagram" is worth $1b, then bitcoins are worth much more than that. Not selling until triple digits

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Arvicco

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Please bear with me

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 06:40:47 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good

farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:06:53 PM

it went up $10 in 2 montns. Why sell? I know someone who sold at $13 and they're kicking themself over it.
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 09:29:54 PM

Considering that I keep a client open all the time and it is always uploading the blockchain at full speed to other users,
I would say people are pouring in like rain!!!

Better keep those bitcoins!  Grin
aurora (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 10:26:02 PM

seems to me that price only going up cause too many dreamers are out here

Dym.game
Double your money. Use Martingale/anti strategies. 1 to 1 odds
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 11:27:47 PM

seems to me that price only going up cause too many dreamers are out here

Isn't that what a market is? Either too many dreamers or too many nay-sayers!!  Wink
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 11:27:50 PM

it went up $10 in 2 montns. Why sell? I know someone who sold at $13 and they're kicking themself over it.

Inevitably this short term trend will correct and reverse and then people will suddenly find themselves holding more bitcoins that they thought they needed which will fuel a spending/exchanging circle until we find a bottom and repeat the whole pendulum swinging cycle.

The reason this is so hard to picture is because many people falsely think there is a such a thing as an equilibrium.

The reality is an equilibrium is purely theoretical and in practice the market is constantly readjusting. Currently the market is readjusting to a rising exchange rate, which if the demand keeps up might rise for a while longer but there will come a point when we run out of people wanting bitcoins, remember people can't eat them, or wear them, pr live in them and there is a finite number of people, so yes there's a limit to the demand and when we get to it the trend will reverse and the market will continue to correct except now it will correct in the opposite direction where even the correction itself will become a contributing factor to the correction until again people realize they could use some more bitcoins instead of other stuff where the market will again correct. And this will go on and on and on for ever, because there is no equilibrium.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 11:58:35 PM

more bitcoins that they thought they needed

un-possible!
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 03:53:48 AM

As long as the fiat economy is mostly functional, Bitcoins are likely in very strong hands.  We'll see how many are selling in a few months, though.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 04:04:44 AM

I'm not selling because I don't need to buy anything. It's this revolutionary concept called "saving." I know, I know.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 04:06:33 AM

I'm not selling because I don't need to buy anything. It's this revolutionary concept called "saving." I know, I know.

"Saving" with Bitcoin is probably a very stupid thing to do. It's more of an "investment".
jwzguy

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 04:46:54 AM

"Saving" with Bitcoin is probably a very stupid thing to do.
I disagree. Saving with fiat, however, definitely would be.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 03:50:13 PM

Inevitably this short term trend will correct and reverse and then people will suddenly find themselves holding more bitcoins that they thought they needed which will fuel a spending/exchanging circle until we find a bottom and repeat the whole pendulum swinging cycle.

The reason this is so hard to picture is because many people falsely think there is a such a thing as an equilibrium.

The reality is an equilibrium is purely theoretical and in practice the market is constantly readjusting. Currently the market is readjusting to a rising exchange rate, which if the demand keeps up might rise for a while longer but there will come a point when we run out of people wanting bitcoins, remember people can't eat them, or wear them, pr live in them and there is a finite number of people, so yes there's a limit to the demand and when we get to it the trend will reverse and the market will continue to correct except now it will correct in the opposite direction where even the correction itself will become a contributing factor to the correction until again people realize they could use some more bitcoins instead of other stuff where the market will again correct. And this will go on and on and on for ever, because there is no equilibrium.

Nice long ramble, but honestly right now, no one knows what the hell bitcoins are. News is spreading like wildfire and new people are coming every day.

Its about supply and demand.
Right now the supply is there, but the demand isn't.
The price is still going up up and away.
Once people actually find out what bitcoins are, there will be a demand, its a sloooooooooooooow process.. Right now slowly more people are finding out and more merchants are accepting.
jwzguy

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 05:09:30 PM

Its about supply and demand.
Right now the supply is there, but the demand isn't.
The demand (for the supply that "is there") is clearly there, or the price wouldn't be going up.

If you're saying we're nowhere near the ceiling for that demand, I completely agree.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 05:30:36 PM

The bitcoin market cap is still in the 100 million dollar range

If "instagram" is worth $1b, then bitcoins are worth much more than that. Not selling until triple digits
3xxx range for me. (~50b$ mkt cap)
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 06:28:10 PM

"Saving" with Bitcoin is probably a very stupid thing to do. It's more of an "investment".

Fiat is guaranteed to lose purchaing value. Bonds rates are less than inflation. Equities are generally overpriced and heavily manipulated against the little guys. So the average person (who can't afford to build their own business, or put savings into buying real estate) it really just left with commodities and bitcoin as reasonable options. Most commodities are hard to sell rapidly if you need it. Even with gold and silver, you can expect to lose 5-10% in USD when purchasing and selling. Bitcoin seems to be a good choice among a mixed bag of savings, along with things like guns and bullets, non-perishable food, PM's, etc.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 07:03:25 PM

High price? maybe $1000/bitcoin. but 20ish., that's not high.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2013, 09:04:34 PM

At least thats how it works in stock market. But it doesn look like too many players wanna get rid off their coins. I guess most people with coins go with the flow.

I tried, man! I dumped $30,000 worth of coins on the market, and the price is STILL rising!
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 09:14:27 PM

I tried, man! I dumped $30,000 worth of coins on the market, and the price is STILL rising!

Thanks, got a few at 22.05 and 22.15. Let's see if I'm the stupid?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: