Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:34:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone just told me this today... WTF  (Read 1815 times)
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 11:09:59 AM

Prince Wabubi strikes again.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 04:09:36 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2013, 04:22:47 PM by Vandroiy

Criminals. What can 'ya say.

That said, a certain stance in this thread... is screaming for a comment.

"E&G", also known as payb.tc, operated Bitcoinmax, the largest feeder fund to Pirateat40's BS&T Ponzi scheme. His final block chain balance with the Ponzi appears to be above 83000 BTC at over 159000 deposited and over 75000 withdrawn. His paper account balance on shutdown should have been above 140000 BTC. When BS&T was attacked with serious Ponzi allegations, the user was extremely uncooperative in providing or even confirming data. His posts were deceptive and happy to undermine the credibility of critics like myself. Block chain data appears to show his account being early to withdraw back out of the Ponzi -- before he even started the feeder fund. Later he was able to claim an undisclosed 0.7% additional weekly paper profit on the entire paper balance, again only public through block chain analysis, though the withdrawn amount is unknown.

His real balance appeared to be negative with more than 3800 BTC withdrawn pure profit BEFORE the feeder fund even took off. The lack of data on the feeder fund leaves a window for personal profit far in the five-digits. He is probably the second-most important person to organizing the largest Bitcoin scam in history, and likely to rank the same as profits are concerned.

I would take this person's moral stance with a grain of salt. (This is a euphemism. He is blacklisted to me and anyone who takes my advice.)

And now: posts telling the world how being scammed can be good for your life.

guy is lonely, wants a girlfriend
guy has cc stolen, goes to bank to address the issue and meets the teller of his dreams
guy weds teller and has kids, grandkids
guy tells grandkids, "my life really turned around that day, i'm so glad my cc was stolen"

inb4 absurd comparisons to the bet I negotiated.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 05:13:30 PM

Thieves always have a reason why they are not the bad guy.   Roll Eyes

::votekick BS

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 11:58:07 PM

"E&G", also known as payb.tc, operated Bitcoinmax, the largest feeder fund to Pirateat40's BS&T Ponzi scheme. His final block chain balance with the Ponzi appears to be above 83000 BTC at over 159000 deposited and over 75000 withdrawn. His paper account balance on shutdown should have been above 140000 BTC. When BS&T was attacked with serious Ponzi allegations, the user was extremely uncooperative in providing or even confirming data. His posts were deceptive and happy to undermine the credibility of critics like myself. Block chain data appears to show his account being early to withdraw back out of the Ponzi -- before he even started the feeder fund. Later he was able to claim an undisclosed 0.7% additional weekly paper profit on the entire paper balance, again only public through block chain analysis, though the withdrawn amount is unknown.

His real balance appeared to be negative with more than 3800 BTC withdrawn pure profit BEFORE the feeder fund even took off. The lack of data on the feeder fund leaves a window for personal profit far in the five-digits. He is probably the second-most important person to organizing the largest Bitcoin scam in history, and likely to rank the same as profits are concerned.

I would take this person's moral stance with a grain of salt. (This is a euphemism. He is blacklisted to me and anyone who takes my advice.)

just for the sake of replying to ridiculous accusations: in total i lost over 5000 personal coins to pirate. believe whatever you want though, the opposing side does a good job of pulling figures out of thin air.

also anyone that thinks [some event X] is either inherently bad or good has a seriously one-sided view of the world.

ultimately all events are neutral until someone (without all the facts, mind you) decides to make a judgement call, putting their own personal stamp of approval/disapproval on said event.

doesn't change the fact that an event may be good and bad at the same time, or neither.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 01:35:02 AM

just for the sake of replying to ridiculous accusations: in total i lost over 5000 personal coins to pirate. believe whatever you want though, the opposing side does a good job of pulling figures out of thin air.

also anyone that thinks [some event X] is either inherently bad or good has a seriously one-sided view of the world.

ultimately all events are neutral until someone (without all the facts, mind you) decides to make a judgement call, putting their own personal stamp of approval/disapproval on said event.

doesn't change the fact that an event may be good and bad at the same time, or neither.

There is no point in claiming "these" numbers are out of thin air. You know where quite a few of them come from. The site itself spread some data and there is plain accounting on two block chain addresses that happens to perfectly match a deposit-withdraw-interest pattern. How exactly is this thin air? You call my reasoning "ridiculous". How so?

State the correct numbers instead of making fuzzy statements on the correctness of mine. Which are wrong, and why? How about publishing some Bitcoinmax accounting data?

Also, "Opposing side" is an interesting choice of words these days. By the way, I know of exactly one (!) person of "the not opposing side" that has apologized. Many of the rest either went silent, got scammer tags, or even banned, though none were punished directly for he case at hand. It seems nobody feels they did anything wrong and people like Hazek, Maged and Vladimir, who tried to prevent this catastrophe, don't even deserve a comment after the fact. They surely got into an unnerving flamewar for months only because it was so much fun.

Let's say it is true and through a sudden change of heart a net 5k personal coins were lost in the end. Not that I have any reason to believe it. So I also shouldn't use the block chain evil thin air numbers. How much was it then that your customers burnt via Bitcoinmax? How much was withdrawn overall by Bitcoinmax? What was the final paper balance? And, again, which of my above statements are wrong, by how much and why should we have ended up with wrong numbers?
haitispaceagency

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Coinlancer.io ICO | Oct 14th

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:53:38 AM

damn he got a hell of a deal

▄████▄
          ██  ██
 ▄▄▄▄     ▀████▀     ▄▄▄▄
██▀▀██     ▄▄▄▄     ██▀▀██
██▄▄███▄▄██▀▀▀▀██▄▄███▄▄██
 ▀▀▀▀ ▀██▀▄████ ▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀
      ██ ██     ██
 ▄▄▄▄  ██▄▀████ ▄██  ▄▄▄▄
██▀▀██  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██▀▀██
██▄▄██     ▀██▀     ██▄▄██
 ▀▀▀▀     ▄████▄     ▀▀▀▀
          ██  ██
         ▀████▀
Coinlancer
         ▄▄████████▄▄
      ▄▄████████████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄
  ████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
  █████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████▀
   ▀█████████████████████▀
      ▀▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀████████▀▀
CL
WHITEPAPER         ANN THREAD
Coinlancer
FACEBOOK     TWITTER     MEDIUM     TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
!!
payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 10:07:20 AM

leaving pirate and bitcoinmax in the past where they belong

focusing on the future

last bump on the subject
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 11:23:22 AM

Hah, this is funny.  The guy that he bought the alienware from scammed him, so now he's out $250.

Karma.  It's a bitch.

And I tried to "educate" him, but sadly he didn't really care.  All he could see is that he was getting a great deal on a laptop.  He didn't understand that someone paid for that.

I don't think karma applies to this situation.. if he were the one who carded the gear and then he got scammed by someone buying it then ya karma yada yada.

He was gullible and fell for a scam... sounds like bitcointalk member but in any case he should have used escrow lol.

too bad he wasn't legit or I would be asking you to hook it up  Grin

poop!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: