Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:44:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrong network and bad block!  (Read 1541 times)
Hactive (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:59:48 AM

Hi guys,

I rescaned database for third time, which is pretty anoying as you can expect... But still I have this problem with Armory! I am hopeless. It has to be most secure wallet, but it is apparently so secure, I cant get my bitcoins :-(. This error pops up.

-ERROR - 1458746456: (..\BDM_mainthread.cpp:429) BDM thread failed: Block file 'D:\EMěna\Bitcoin\blocks/blk00000.dat' is the wrong network! File: 00000000, expecting f9beb4d9

Can you help me please?

Thanks
Martin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
droark

Activity: 525
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 05:09:29 AM

Your blockchain appears to be corrupted. You'll have to download it again.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:26:48 AM

Try 0.94

Use a Blocks path with only ASCII characters

Ultimately, send me your blk00000.dat so I can look at it.

Hactive (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:37:24 PM

Try 0.94

How and where should I send it? Can you give me email adress?
Hactive (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:41:28 PM

Try 0.94

Ok.. 0.94 now crashes after downloading last few blocks... Awesome... I have most secure wallet and my bitcoins are gone forever I guess..
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:46:07 PM

Upload it to some file sharing site and post the link here.

Let's see a log file first though.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 08:47:50 PM

Try 0.94

Ok.. 0.94 now crashes after downloading last few blocks... Awesome... I have most secure wallet and my bitcoins are gone forever I guess..
The problem you appear to be having is that Bitcoin Core has corrupt blocks. This is something that Armory cannot fix. Rather you need to go to the Bitcoin data directory and delete the entire "blocks" folder. Then start Bitcoin Core and let it sync. Since this is a full resync, you will need wait a while for it to redownload all of the blocks.

No your Bitcoins are not gone forever. They are only gone if you delete your wallet.

Hactive (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:28:26 PM

Try 0.94

The problem you appear to be having is that Bitcoin Core has corrupt blocks. This is something that Armory cannot fix. Rather you need to go to the Bitcoin data directory and delete the entire "blocks" folder. Then start Bitcoin Core and let it sync. Since this is a full resync, you will need wait a while for it to redownload all of the blocks.

No your Bitcoins are not gone forever. They are only gone if you delete your wallet.

I tried almsot everything, ok? I rebuild database like 3 times? Can you imagine how much patience and time it consumed? Smiley It's not just corrupt... I dont have ideas anymore... 2x factory reset of armory, 3x rebuilded and rescanned database. Uninstalled Bt core and armory like 5 times. Changing directories... I am exhausted.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 09:30:32 PM

I tried almsot everything, ok? I rebuild database like 3 times? Can you imagine how much patience and time it consumed? Smiley It's not just corrupt... I dont have ideas anymore... 2x factory reset of armory, 3x rebuilded and rescanned database. Uninstalled Bt core and armory like 5 times. Changing directories... I am exhausted.
No, you have not done everything nor have you done what I suggested. Rebuilding the database is not the same as resyncing. Rebuilding simply means that the data already on the disk is organized by the software so that it can use it. Resyncing means that you are downloading the data to the disk again. Resyncing will start it clean and remove corruption while rebuilding leaves the corruption there and that corruption causes problems.

Hactive (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:44:01 PM

No, you have not done everything nor have you done what I suggested. Rebuilding the database is not the same as resyncing. Rebuilding simply means that the data already on the disk is organized by the software so that it can use it. Resyncing means that you are downloading the data to the disk again. Resyncing will start it clean and remove corruption while rebuilding leaves the corruption there and that corruption causes problems.
Ok, so let me be more specific... I deleted 2 times old database and started from begining... Satisfied? Oh sorry... I am little bit annoying, because I am frustrated Smiley.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 09:46:31 PM

Ok, so let me be more specific... I deleted 2 times old database and started from begining... Satisfied? Oh sorry... I am little bit annoying, because I am frustrated Smiley.
Did you try deleting specifically the folder named "blocks" in the Bitcoin Core data directory? Deleting the databases won't help in your case.

Hactive (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 05:01:25 AM

Did you try deleting specifically the folder named "blocks" in the uᴉoɔʇᴉq Core data directory? Deleting the databases won't help in your case.
And again.... I did delete everything. Dont think I did not try it. I said I tried almost everything. What I did not delete was myy f*kin W10 :-D. Guys I would be so happy, if someone will help.. ONly one idea left in my head.. I do not have wallet and blocks in C/program files/ bla bla, so maybe it has problems I have it on another part on my disk, but I strongly doubt it. I have wallets and blockchain on D:\
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 10:37:09 AM

Hactive (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:37:57 PM

Upload it to some file sharing site and post the link here.

HERE http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=36465996193070144704
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:40:54 PM

I need to see armorycpplog.txt too. Also, stop using non ASCII characters in your paths.

Hactive (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:48:09 AM

I need to see armorycpplog.txt too. Also, stop using non ASCII characters in your paths.

I will send you this log too, when I'll be at home :]. Thank you so much.
Hactive (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:45:00 AM

I will send you this log too, when I'll be at home :]. Thank you so much.

NOW HERE :  http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=65394661433771477843
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:02:39 AM

File: D:\EMěna\Bitcoin\bloky\blocks/blk00000.dat is less than 88 bytes!

Pretty obvious that your blockchain data is corrupt. Wipe your blocks folder, start BitcoinQt and let it do its thing. I suggest your update to 0.12 if you haven't yet.

Hactive (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:13:55 AM

File: D:\EMěna\Bitcoin\bloky\blocks/blk00000.dat is less than 88 bytes!

Pretty obvious that your blockchain data is corrupt. Wipe your blocks folder, start BitcoinQt and let it do its thing. I suggest your update to 0.12 if you haven't yet.

I did it three times :-(. Nothing changed.
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 12:46:58 PM

There's only so much I can do to help you if BitcoinQt won't download the blockchain correctly.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: