Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Dell OEM Vista Home Premium 64 DVD.  (Read 7283 times)
KWH (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 08:59:14 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 05:03:06 PM by KWH

As the title says. I have legit keys just need the media. May entertain a ISO. I can find the 32 bit DVD but the pesky 64 bit DVD has eluded me. I am putting the PCs back the way they came before selling so not going with Win7 or 8.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KWH (OP)
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 10:36:05 PM

Still looking.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
KWH (OP)
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:35:12 PM

No one has one of these?

Albert Einstein
OtaconEmmerich

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 01:34:36 AM

I'm pretty sure they don't sell or ship Vista DVD's anymore at Dell, Why don't you download the ISO and install it that way?
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/3317.2-3-microsoft-windows-vista-official-iso-download-links-digital-river.aspx
This is what a minute of googling found me. Should help you along there. Also you may have a installer partition if it's a Dell, Which means you have to mash some kinda key combo during bootup.

Hope I was some help.
KWH (OP)
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 01:42:16 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2013, 01:54:27 AM by KWH

I'm pretty sure they don't sell or ship Vista DVD's anymore at Dell, Why don't you download the ISO and install it that way?
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/3317.2-3-microsoft-windows-vista-official-iso-download-links-digital-river.aspx
This is what a minute of googling found me. Should help you along there. Also you may have a installer partition if it's a Dell, Which means you have to mash some kinda key combo during bootup.

Hope I was some help.

While I appreciate the help, did you read through the steps required? That's why I was looking to buy a copy. I can buy on Ebay but thought I'd buy from a forum member instead.
Thanks for the response though.

Edit: I forgot to add, I sent a request to Dell for the DVD's. Might be interesting to see what happens.

Albert Einstein
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 03:02:28 AM

Hope I was some help.
oem keys only work on oem edition iso?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
KWH (OP)
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 03:11:07 AM

Hope I was some help.
oem keys only work on oem edition iso?

Been awhile since I have dealt with Vista but it's a unique puppy. Most (if not all) Home Premium keys will work on either 32 or 64 bit DVD. I remember that the key is sensitive to the medias SP1-2 inclusion. Ultimate will install any version of Vista depending on the key. I think OEM key needs OEM disk. I am working from memory here and it fails me at times.

Albert Einstein
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 04:31:36 AM

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: