Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:38:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Financial Times: Satoshi = Craig Steven Wright reveal coming 7-14 April 2016  (Read 1602 times)
xyzxyzxyz (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:54:58 PM

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2016/03/31/2158024/craig-wrights-upcoming-big-reveal/

Bitcoinland is abuzz with speculation Craig Steven Wright will out himself as Satoshi Nakamoto, the cryptocurrency’s pseudonymous creator, within the next two weeks and that he is looking for backing in his verification from some of the industry’s biggest players.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:49:34 PM

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2016/03/31/2158024/craig-wrights-upcoming-big-reveal/

Bitcoinland is abuzz with speculation Craig Steven Wright will out himself as Satoshi Nakamoto, the cryptocurrency’s pseudonymous creator, within the next two weeks and that he is looking for backing in his verification from some of the industry’s biggest players.

I highly doubt he is Satoshi Nakamoto.
The true Satoshi Nakamoto, I do not believe, is the type of person to put on a show as described in this article.

Satoshi Nakamoto originally disappeared because he died or was scared off.
Craig Steven Wright is an attention whore and this is all more likely to be a government op to co-op Bitcoin.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:52:10 PM

This message was probably released a day early.  Cheesy

Seriously, i do not expect that he could give proofs which certainly identify him as Satoshi.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:21:18 PM

on the off-chance that they will say that he's really satoshi, I don't think think many bitcoiners will believe it without a solid proof.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:32:42 PM

What sort of proof would be needed to be classed as solid proof that he is satoshi?
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

I don't see it as a positive at all if Satoshi outs himself.
He can then start to post again, or sell his coins, or influence Bitcoin.

Right now he is infallible as he is unknown.  If he becomes known, it will make people question him.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:37:37 PM

Okay so from April 7 to April 14 Wright will publicly perform a cryptographic miracle(!!!) which will prove his identity as Satoshi Nakamoto. This will be very interesting to see. By the way Gavin Andresen said he wanted to see the following things being carried out by Wright. I will quote them below for you to read:

I’d want to see:
    A message signed with the same PGP key Satoshi used back in 2010. (…but his computer could have been hacked)
    A message signed with keys from early Bitcoin blocks (…but his wallet could have been stolen).
    Email or private forum posts he sent to me in 2010 (… but email could have been hacked).
    A conversation about technical stuff, ideally via email, so I can see if it feels like the same person I communicated with in 2010.

I highly doubt Satoshi's email,wallet or computer has been ever hacked into because, after all, he is a cryptographic expert right?  Grin I am looking forward to seeing how this will unfold but honestly I think this is another publicity stunt move by that guy Wright.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:45:24 PM

What sort of proof would be needed to be classed as solid proof that he is satoshi?

TBH I'm not even sure. a year ago I'd say by signing a message with his PGP key, but some people claims that it's backdated.
if it is possible to sign with the address 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa that got the genesis block reward, I would go with that.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 08:06:06 PM

Well, maybe if he released a big chunk of his unspent bitcoin to a charity.  Plus, I would need to see some signatures sent thru multiple known email accounts, and I would need to see some sort of physical verification that he was the true author of the original whitepaper.  After all, there's a Nobel Prize on the table....there's gonna have to be some solid proof!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:14:58 PM

He already had/has a chance to prove himself. Just sign a note with Satoshi's key. If your proof is the "backing of the industries biggest players" then you have not proven anything. It's not like those players have a clue who Satoshi is. Sign a message Craig, it will only take 1min.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:20:44 PM

Oh come on!
That guy is a hoax! We all know that.
Never ever is he Satoshi.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:22:33 PM

Unless you sign a message, no one gives a fuck what you claim.

The media is retarded and the average person a lemming they will latch on to anything someone with half a brain tells them.
Naughtid

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:41:03 PM

If he can sign a message, he might be Satoshi. If he cannot sign a message, he is definitely not Satoshi.
nuevo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:45:14 PM

If 100 bitcoin wind up in this address 1AW7XkfmrBnYAuByDhdEEsnYWGwDmZhGx1 I'm willing to believe him. Hell if 50 BTC wind up in there I'm willing to believe him. For 5 BTC I'm willing to buy him a beer and he will get a nice fruit basket with a thank you card.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:46:09 PM

Well, maybe if he released a big chunk of his unspent bitcoin to a charity.  Plus, I would need to see some signatures sent thru multiple known email accounts, and I would need to see some sort of physical verification that he was the true author of the original whitepaper.  After all, there's a Nobel Prize on the table....there's gonna have to be some solid proof!

Releasing some of his coins to charity is not the best option here. It would just cause an instant dump to get the charity fiat to spend.

Best and only proof is for him to sign and have a PGP message verified from one of his known accounts. If he manages to pull that off, I'd tend to believe him. Anything else can be faked or easily hacked/cracked into (just look at his mail adresses).

I still think Craig Steven Wrigth is just seeking attention and trying to get people behind his ideas and invest in his things.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:59:46 PM

Its very difficult to prove who is , if he/she don't want to reveal its identity. All are suppositions, never a signed message of a know bitcoin address nor a signed pgp message.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:01:38 PM

the guy is a hoax.. the only reason he wants to pretend to be satoshi, is because he ran a financial scam to create alot of fiat based on a contract that supposedly contained bitcoins as collateral.

now he has to try keeping the ruse going.. not only to reduce his prison sentence but many other negative things happening in his life.

all i can say is all of these industrial experts would probably be bribed to say its satoshi..

but signing a key, whether its pgp or bitcoin address.. is the only real way.

he does not need to sign contracts and NDA's he just needs to move one of the coins from the known satoshi addresses, or signs a message.. thats it.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:47:40 PM

Okay so from April 7 to April 14 Wright will publicly perform a cryptographic miracle(!!!) which will prove his identity as Satoshi Nakamoto. This will be very interesting to see. By the way Gavin Andresen said he wanted to see the following things being carried out by Wright. I will quote them below for you to read:

I’d want to see:
    A message signed with the same PGP key Satoshi used back in 2010. (…but his computer could have been hacked)
    A message signed with keys from early Bitcoin blocks (…but his wallet could have been stolen).
    Email or private forum posts he sent to me in 2010 (… but email could have been hacked).
    A conversation about technical stuff, ideally via email, so I can see if it feels like the same person I communicated with in 2010.

I highly doubt Satoshi's email,wallet or computer has been ever hacked into because, after all, he is a cryptographic expert right?  Grin I am looking forward to seeing how this will unfold but honestly I think this is another publicity stunt move by that guy Wright.

Correct, if he is who he claims to be, it should be very easy to prove. He shall own the first BTC ever mined, or that kind of stuff. So you wonder why he hadn't used them already. then what I don't understand is how he could be in financial trouble. Hey, if the guy was the real Satoshi, I believe he kept many BTC for himself, when it was possible to mine on a home computer.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:24:25 PM

What will happen if he fails to prove he is the real Satoshi Nakamoto? Can he be held responsible for misinformation and spreading lies in the Bitcoin community? I think his reputation will be finished if his claims don't turn out to be true. So many people want to be celebrities by claiming to be Satoshi it's so funny.

bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:04:29 AM

Considering that it is already April Fool's Day in many countries, I say "Nice One". Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: