Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:47:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for someone who can write linux terminal applications  (Read 274 times)
antonio123 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 09:46:08 PM

Hi, Im looking for a developer who can create a linux terminal application. An example would be something like this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/Alsamixer.png or this http://granthamm.azurewebsites.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/cgminer.png The program is relatively simple and could mostly likely be completed in under an hour. PM me or post if your interested
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:49:15 PM

You probably want to describe what language could be used and such.You can pretty much develop and write Applications in any language and run it through the Terminal.Are you looking for a shell/Bash script ? Purely Linux ? That screen shot you posted is quite difficult to understand.
antonio123 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:07:57 AM

You probably want to describe what language could be used and such.You can pretty much develop and write Applications in any language and run it through the Terminal.Are you looking for a shell/Bash script ? Purely Linux ? That screen shot you posted is quite difficult to understand.

I would Imagine python would work well, not sure about bash though. The apps in the screenshots are unrelated from my idea, but they showcase some of the components needed: mainly a power bar controlled by arrow keys and the ability to automatically run a specific command based on information entered by a user. Windows support would be nice, but not if it costs much extra to implement.
mavenraven

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:22:49 AM

I would Imagine python would work well, not sure about bash though. The apps in the screenshots are unrelated from my idea, but they showcase some of the components needed: mainly a power bar controlled by arrow keys and the ability to automatically run a specific command based on information entered by a user. Windows support would be nice, but not if it costs much extra to implement.

PM sent. also you might want to describe problem domain a bit better, "run a specific command" can range from "ls" to "send spam to 300 emails" to anything really.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: