Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:15:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not the new money  (Read 2567 times)
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 03:31:12 AM

It is still money to me, for sure it is at an early stage and to use it most of the time we have to convert it to fiat(same as gold) but there will(I hope) come a time when it will be accepted almost everywhere, even at your local stores and then you or them wouldn't need to convert it back and forth, thus making it money.

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:48:17 AM

It is still money to me, for sure it is at an early stage and to use it most of the time we have to convert it to fiat(same as gold) but there will(I hope) come a time when it will be accepted almost everywhere, even at your local stores and then you or them wouldn't need to convert it back and forth, thus making it money.
yes i agree with you, bitcoin is sure a money for me, i cant equate bitcoin to gold as bitcoin is one form of currency means virtual currency by which we can have online payments and purchases. i too believe that in future it will be accepted in wide ranges than now.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:55:14 AM

yes i agree with you, bitcoin is sure a money for me, i cant equate bitcoin to gold as bitcoin is one form of currency means virtual currency by which we can have online payments and purchases. i too believe that in future it will be accepted in wide ranges than now.

It was never really meant to be the new money.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:58:53 PM

It was never really meant to be the new money.

Truly it's not meant to be the new money. It has existed years back and this is the time for increased adoption. Soon it is expected to have huge adoption when reaches around 5% of world population.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:53:48 PM

Why do we need new gold? Bitcoin is money and must be used as such. I don't like to fantasy and daydreaming,
this is immature. 1000$ is probably peak of bitcoin, and everybody must admit exaggeration.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:36:40 PM

Why do we need new gold? Bitcoin is money and must be used as such. I don't like to fantasy and daydreaming,
this is immature. 1000$ is probably peak of bitcoin, and everybody must admit exaggeration.

Your thoughts are so short sighted.  Look if you think humanity will fail and BTC along with it then yes sell it all and enjoy our last hundred years on this planet.  Why even bother your self with  bitcoin.

If you believe we will move to a Type 1 then Type 2 civ, saving BTC for your off spring could secure your entire blood lines future.  Why do we need a new gold? Because there are random asteroids with more gold than we have currently.  There will never be more than 21 mill btc. 

$1000 is peanuts a pathetic 8 billion market cap, that is nothing, a joke, China/USA spend that in an hour.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 05:47:00 PM

It is the new gold.  Leave it to your children's children's children.. the value will be unfathomable.  We cannot fathom the value of security yet.  Humanity will rule the galaxy.

Gold is not new, gold exists for a long time (probably since the human exists), you can leave to your children's children's children also the bitcoins and it would need only a small piece of paper with the private key.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 05:52:11 PM

hehe we really need a hitech paper now to write down private key in them easily and those paper should be capable to withstand strong rain, fire and flood. I am thinking of throwing one glass bottle with private key inside it to ocean like people used to leave note in ancient time.  Cheesy
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 06:31:16 PM

hehe we really need a hitech paper now to write down private key in them easily and those paper should be capable to withstand strong rain, fire and flood. I am thinking of throwing one glass bottle with private key inside it to ocean like people used to leave note in ancient time.  Cheesy

That is a super pro idea.
SanaButt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:57:13 PM

Even if each country will have its own Alt, the bitcoins will be the most widely used and accepted, the way dollar is used today.
So the best of the best Cryto will be Bitcoin.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:44:16 PM

Your thoughts are so short sighted.  Look if you think humanity will fail and BTC along with it then yes sell it all and enjoy our last hundred years on this planet.  Why even bother your self with  bitcoin.

If you believe we will move to a Type 1 then Type 2 civ, saving BTC for your off spring could secure your entire blood lines future.  Why do we need a new gold? Because there are random asteroids with more gold than we have currently.  There will never be more than 21 mill btc.  

$1000 is peanuts a pathetic 8 billion market cap, that is nothing, a joke, China/USA spend that in an hour.

Lol this guy asks why it's the new gold and says "it must be used as X".

Bitcoin can be used however the fuck you want to use it, having said that, then we have the precedents in history about governments easily passing laws to literally steal the citizen's gold, so no need to even worry about the supply getting expanded to insane amounts once we (inevitably) find some place in the cosmos that has tons of gold. The faster problem will be governments trying to get your gold.

Gold is outdated, gold cannot be encrypted. If something can't be encrypted it's useless in the digital era. Those that know how to hold Bitcoin and encrypt it are the real pioneers and ahead of the game and everyone will eventually hate not getting in way earlier.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:42:34 PM

Even if each country will have its own Alt, the bitcoins will be the most widely used and accepted, the way dollar is used today.

making your own altcoin won't gain you any benefits, if any country or organization tries it, they wll soon fnd out how worthless their efforts are.

The whole idea of bitcoin is that no one person can control it.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 07:20:44 PM

Yup as you said, Bestie will be the top of all things, I use go with bitcoins only when digital currency comes to world and rule worldwide...
Tadblt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 07:44:46 PM

I treat bitcoin as money.  I can use it to buy things I want. There is no difference between this and fiat in some shops.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 08:05:52 PM

Screw my children and my grandchildren. I wanna spend it all noooowwww.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:03:40 PM

I treat bitcoin as money.  I can use it to buy things I want. There is no difference between this and fiat in some shops.
If you use your smartphone to buy stuff in shops then there is indeed no difference when it comes to doing payments with fiat money.

I can use my smartphone with NFC to complete the purchase of certain goods with fiat and I can easily scan QR codes to complete the purchase as well but now with Bitcoin.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Blacula X

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:24:49 PM

My children's children already Paycoin tycoons Cool
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:31:38 PM

Why not? We can buy or sell things with bitcoins, and we can buy or sell those same things with dollars or any other currency. I would not compare bitcoin to Gold because we can't store bitcoins into a safe or under the bed  Grin
SchemerDreamer

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:39:06 PM

It is the new gold.  Leave it to your children's children's children.. the value will be unfathomable.  We cannot fathom the value of security yet.  Humanity will rule the galaxy.

Bitcoins properties resemble gold. But it is mostly better than gold in every category besides fungibility.. Which it's working on.. Xmr will fill that gap if btc does not
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:58:54 AM

bitcoin is not the new money, its the cryptocurrencies
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: