Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 02:30:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remaking new one with local rule against advertising  (Read 8657 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 10:20:11 AM

Bitcoin-related work I've done:

Terrawallet - web based Terracoin wallet. Tag your transactions, multiple addresses, instacodes and more!
Blockchain.info My Wallet Chrome Extension - I ported the chrome extension
MoneyPakTrader's website
Bitcoin Gold - now sold
bitlockr - now sold
+ quite a few other small things, private jobs, etc Smiley

Escrow / Deposits
I require escrow / a partial upfront deposit (full for tasks less than 10 BTC). No, I'm not going to run away with your coins, I manage more than 200 BTC for the investment fund BTCINVEST.

Interested? Send me a PM (please don't reply here as I might not check it frequently)!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:50:33 AM

bump Smiley
MoneypakTrader.com

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 10:15:33 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2013, 03:28:01 AM by Maged

[...]
MoneyPakTrader's website
[...]
I require escrow / a partial upfront deposit (full for tasks less than 10 BTC). No, I'm not going to run away with your coins
[...]
Op was quick to accept my upfront payments totalling 27 BTC, but after about 4 times his quoted timeframe of 2 weeks, he failed to deliver a working website.
It was a long, drawn-out ordeal where he would send an email saying the site was finished (about half a dozen times or so), each time the most basic testing (which he should have done) showed it was completely non-operational.
I've asked for refund since he is apparently incapable or unwilling to deliver a working website.
Bottom Line: don't pay him until AFTER he does work for you or preferably go to a more experienced BTC developer.

Edit by Mod (Maged): Removed off-topic question

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 02:44:35 AM

[...]
MoneyPakTrader's website
[...]
I require escrow / a partial upfront deposit (full for tasks less than 10 BTC). No, I'm not going to run away with your coins
[...]
Op was quick to accept my upfront payments totalling 27 BTC, but after about 4 times his quoted timeframe of 2 weeks, he failed to deliver a working website.
It was a long, drawn-out ordeal where he would send an email saying the site was finished (about half a dozen times or so), each time the most basic testing (which he should have done) showed it was completely non-operational.
I've asked for refund since he is apparently incapable or unwilling to deliver a working website.
Bottom Line: don't pay him until AFTER he does work for you or preferably go to a more experienced BTC developer.
Are there any experienced BTC web developers that can code a website to handle BTC transactions?

Did you actually read my emails? I delivered the site in a few days, you were using shared hosting and couldn't get bitcoind, the PHP version on your host was outdated and that is why it doesn't work. I reworked the site for blockchain.info's json rpc API which had a few problems with the way they handle accounts (ie not really compatible), so I recoded it to just storing balances in the database.

1. I test all my code, I can't possibility test it for any configuration such as no bitcoind & outdated version. I don't like to fiddle around with the production server, I code on my dev machine.
2. Your second email to me said you were pretty happy with the site and one more display issue.
3. Your last email, sent before even a day has passed, said you want a full refund.

How's with also delaying the project by requesting extra features / changing the ordering forms, cold wallet / auto sweeping that you never mentioned all for free?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:19:35 AM

Oh, and I think this screenshot (look at the balance, look at the orders, look at the timestamps) should tell a lot:

https://i.imgur.com/LalSNio.png

I wonder if you are going to blame me instead of you using tormail since gmail filtered your tormail messages (which after PMing me again I looked and marked it as not spam)? Or when you lose your wallet.dat and claim I stole your coins?

I'm pretty sure at this point you just want to get a free working site and you do that with libel. Would explain how you went from "Thanks again for finishing this up. Please let me know if I owe you more than what BTC has already been sent." to breach of contract, yada yada, refund.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 12:06:10 AM

The website doesn't work, deposits sent will quite possibly be lost forever. I've made numerous test deposits to the site and none have worked correctly. Op is in breach of contract and I can provide more details if necessary.

The main reason I paid for the site was to have a working BTC processing system, I am out 27 BTC and still waiting for a functional system. . .

I'm not trying to get a free website, I'm trying to get what I paid for or in the alternative I'd accept the btc back, but it's obvious the op is unwilling to give a refund and unable to implement the working BTC deposit system as he agreed to.

I stand by all my statements and would be willing to update them if Op ever corrects the situation.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 10:42:17 AM

The website doesn't work, deposits sent will quite possibly be lost forever. I've made numerous test deposits to the site and none have worked correctly. Op is in breach of contract and I can provide more details if necessary.
Yes it does, and I haven't modified anything since your false comment.

The main reason I paid for the site was to have a working BTC processing system, I am out 27 BTC and still waiting for a functional system. . .
Right, but the system IS working.

I'm not trying to get a free website, I'm trying to get what I paid for or in the alternative I'd accept the btc back, but it's obvious the op is unwilling to give a refund and unable to implement the working BTC deposit system as he agreed to.

I'm unwilling to give you a refund because it is working.

I registered as a new user, testaccount.

I get the deposit address 1NHdVpNhpnXxurTGfAra8RVGw1eZ65uXKS

I send 0.001 BTC to it

To make it faster, I change the required confirmations from 4 to 1 temporary.

I refresh my account.

Your balance: 0.001

So, clearly, the site I coded does not work!!!11 (I then changed the confs back to 4).

You can check the addresses for yourself and see that the sweep function is working and sweeping.
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:08:10 PM

That's exactly how op does it:
Tells me site is working, I test (sent 0.01489999 BTC to 1NHdVpNhpnXxurTGfAra8RVGw1eZ65uXKS)
I plainly see site is not working (testaccount:testaccount shows no balance increase and the funds are not swept out)
Anyone can check the btc addresses and testaccount to see it is NOT working.
Don't bother changing the PW on testaccount, because (you guessed it) that isn't working either.

Enough is enough, you failed, you're fired, you took my BTC and I don't have a working BTC deposit system and the site doesn't even allow password changes.
Numerous other problems with the site, I'll have to pay another programmer to fix it. . .

ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 11:18:10 PM

If you want I could finish the website with no deposit? You can pay after the work is done that's how I do, no upfront payments just make me an offer.

Quote from: MoneypakTrader.com l
ink=topic=142103.msg1537773#msg1537773 date=1361225733
[...]
MoneyPakTrader's website
[...]
[...]

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
MoneypakTrader.com

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

If you want I could finish the website with no deposit? You can pay after the work is done that's how I do, no upfront payments just make me an offer.
Quote from: MoneypakTrader.com l
ink=topic=142103.msg1537773#msg1537773 date=1361225733
[...]
MoneyPakTrader's website
[...]
[...]
No thanks, I've already started working with someone to clean up the mess left by tradefortress.
Already fixed the PW change issue, will need to completely rewrite the code for the site though.
AFAIK TradeFortress is going to try scamming me for the full 27 BTC I sent, even after it's obvious his work is horrible.
I'll update if he ever comes clean and refunds any of the BTC. How do I report this unqualified programmer/scammer?
What other programmers say about his work:
Programmer/Reviewer #1 - "Most features seem to be functioning on the surface but the programming is awful. Its almost as bad as I thought it would be, no offense but the person who coded this was terrible at organization. There are lots of redundancies beyond the clutter. It genuinely doesn't seem like it was planned out ahead of time so the mess is a pain to sort through. With everything wrapped in an IF statement I can't imagine how many bugs might jump out at the slightest modification.
I can salvage the interface design itself if you don't want to toss it aside, but fixing the code will definitely be more work than starting from scratch, and I would have to charge you more because of it."
Programmer/Reviewer #2 - "I haven't seen something like this in a long time... Whoever coded this really didn't knew what he was doing.
The code is a complete mess, it requires a almost complete rewrite (the design stays the same).
The database also needs to be changed, there are things there that I would never, ever, do."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: