Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:21:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone noticed the C-CEX April fools prank?  (Read 583 times)
Monnt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 12:33:45 PM

I'm scared of going into the site now, because it keeps crashing my Chrome on my phone haha.

It's a ball that rolls and picks up all the text on the screen. I went there to sell my ether when the price hit 0.029 but I couldn't because of that.  Undecided
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:17:54 PM

I'm scared of going into the site now, because it keeps crashing my Chrome on my phone haha.

It's a ball that rolls and picks up all the text on the screen. I went there to sell my ether when the price hit 0.029 but I couldn't because of that.  Undecided

just now i also checked with my firefox browser and same thing is happening a big ball is rolling and just eating the letters from the screen. so it is i think c-cex prank for april fool day.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1314

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:39:27 PM

I noticed that ball animation moving around my phone screen and I could not do anything to remove it, I thought that the site was hacked or something like that.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:42:39 PM

No ball animtion on my phone. Sad Does it work on chrome mobile? I don't see anything but the usual exchange site.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1314

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:45:52 PM

No ball animtion on my phone. Sad Does it work on chrome mobile? I don't see anything but the usual exchange site.

It was some hours ago, earlier in the morning at my timezone gmt+7, and yeah it was on my chrome mobile but the animation is not showing again after re-opened my browser. It must be a April Fools surprise.. Smiley
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:48:58 PM

It was some hours ago, earlier in the morning at my timezone gmt+7, and yeah it was on my chrome mobile but the animation is not showing again after re-opened my browser. It must be a April Fools surprise.. Smiley

On a firefox browser right now and there's nothing at all. Anyway it's kind of not good for an exchange to prank like that IMO.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Monnt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:22:24 PM

https://c-cex.com/?HappyAprilFirst=happy

This is the link. If you remove the =happy, it gets rid of the animation. That was a sick joke. I lost my chance to make $10 Sad
Latwindar

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:24:31 PM

This is the link. If you remove the =happy, it gets rid of the animation. That was a sick joke. I lost my chance to make $10 Sad

I am sorry for your loss. $10 could be a large profit for some kinds of altcoins. The exchanges should not do that.
Monnt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:27:07 AM

I am sorry for your loss. $10 could be a large profit for some kinds of altcoins. The exchanges should not do that.
Agreed. I only realised after the incident happened that I could bypass it. Well, I have 10 ETH just lying around now.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:46:57 PM

yesterday all kinds of crazy things were going on.
i have also visited c-cex and i found the sphere interesting but it was also annoying, they should have made it so it would go away if you clicked on it not just stick around,
luckily i was just checking some stuff out i didn't have anything important so i just played around with the ball and then left Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:00:25 AM

I also noticed that big ball on their site with some writeups on it though i did not bother to read them and i was able to log in to my account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: