Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Thursday I will have 20 minutes to present bitcoin to 150 businessmen/women  (Read 4969 times)
Maciek

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:49:39 PM

@yoyoceramic

Can we, please receive a copy of your presentation? PDF, PPTX, or any format of your choice?
Smiley
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:13:17 AM

@yoyoceramic

Can we, please receive a copy of your presentation? PDF, PPTX, or any format of your choice?
Smiley

it is posted in this thread.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 01:37:29 AM

Great talk. Great balance of jokes and info and fiat and bitcoin.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 01:48:38 AM

If you had 20 minutes to present bitcoin to a room full of professional businesspersons, what would your MAIN POINT be?  In otherwords, what would unify your entire talk?

Make the first 5 minutes a live demonstration. Show, don't tell!

(Practice it beforehand to make sure it's smooth)

"Monkey see, monkey do" is one of the most powerful forces in marketing.

Also, use analogy. 99% of them will know how to use e-mail. 100% of them will know how to use cash. Probably 99% of them will not know how cash or e-mail actually work. So use familiar concepts to explain the unfamiliar idea of bitcoin.

Do not talk politics.

I think the most effective demo would be sending bitcoins from your laptop to your mobile phone.

limikael

Activity: 67
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 10:17:36 AM

I saw a very good talk by Tony Gallippi, but can't remember the link right now... But as I remember, his main point was "credit cards was not made for the Internet, Bitcoin is". I think that's very valid and easy for non-techies to understand. He illustrated the point by showing statistics on how much is lost every year in credit card fraud and so, one I remember is "2.5% of all credit card transactions are fraudulent". So maybe look up some figures like that, and then as other people have posted here, show how easy it is to actually make a Bitcoin transaction compared to a credit card transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: