Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My bitcoin mining experience for comparison  (Read 1198 times)
toni_iommi (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 10:06:41 PM

Hello Cruel World,

I am mining with some GPU's I got second hand off Craigslist. Using Afterburner to overclock to stable limits. Undervolt for temp control, and reduced ram speed to minimum. Using GUIminer and Slush's pool.

XFX Radeon 5770, Paid 40$, 200 MH, 82 degC, Very Noisy, Plays Skyrim OK

Sapphire Radeon 7850. Paid 60$, 300 MH. 52 degC. Half as Noisy, Plays Skyrim High

Right now today I get about.07-.08 bitcoin per day or maybe 2 bitcoin per month. I figure that with the rise in bitcoin price I am just now making like .50 cents a day after electricity.

The biggest obstacle in converting bitcoin to hamburgers is transaction costs. Either high shipping fees or service charges make 2 bitcoin transactions painful.

This is just a hobby for me and I get a kick out of searching Craigslist for cheap video cards and telling people how worthless there old hardware is to me.  I love rushing home to update my wallet and seeing the (fractions of) bitcoins stream in. Hearing the email notification on my cell phone of a payout arriving late at night as i sleep is priceless, the noise of the fans whirring away ushering in sweet bitcoin fueled slumber.

I am almost at 5 posts........
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4371

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 10:13:09 PM

lol

love your work dude

how's Ozzie?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
toni_iommi (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 10:31:40 PM

lol

love your work dude

how's Ozzie?

Don't go guessing my password now.  Ozzy Rulz.
SammyBlackstar

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2013, 07:44:00 AM

I should park a truck outside of my local recycling center and grab all the towers and get them mining now before everyone gets their ASICs.
forsakenpnut

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2013, 07:46:43 AM

well thats good..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: