Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had 10 million to invest... how much would you invest in btc?  (Read 2920 times)
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 11:09:29 PM

Again, you cannot recommend anything to anyone on a general level. You MUST account for their age. Any financial planner would tell you that. putting 5% on BTC when you're 50-60 might be ok, but if you're 20-30 then it might not be such a good idea and you might want to invest more on it. You can afford to be more aggressive when you're younger. If your client would have listened to me, putting %20 when he/she is 20 he/she would have doubled his/her money by now... again, it could have gone the other way but most people in the BTC community knows that the more BTC gets implemented, the higher it'll go, so the risk was not as high as the reward.
Again, the point of this is that you cannot recommend the same to two different people. Age is a determining factor and personal economy is too, in this case, we know the net worth of the individual is 10,000,000 so we know that variable already.

With a $10M nest egg, it's not as much age that's relevant as income level relative to assets. Someone with $10M net worth and $2M stable income can probably stand to place more than 5% in BTC. Someone with $10M net worth and $150k stable income should not.

And you are neglecting the fact that BTC is a highly asymmetric bet. It is likely to be either ridiculously successful or go to zero. A little goes a long way.

This, and the fact that it's not age as much as life expectancy. I mean, we could all be 400 year old cyborgs someday. I doubt our augmented robot brains would be foolish enough to factor age into their investing decisions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: