Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 11:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing Projects [For Hire]  (Read 530 times)
SandCastle (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:19:48 AM

It's been a while since I've been employed for bitcoins. My writing style and flow have further improved since then. I'm perfectly willing to write any form of articles for your website, edit any term papers or graduate theses, or provide guidance for any sort of literature you may need.

My rate is negotiable and varies by the volume of requested work. As a rule of thumb, expect to pay upwards of $0.02/word.

Feel free to PM me with any sort of requests. Since my community trust on this site isn't the best, verification work (no charge) may be done if further employment may arise from it.

Cheers!
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:12:39 AM

Some people get paid $1 per 500-750 word article. It's going to be hard for you to find a job that pays $10 per 500 words. In fact, you haven't even proven how good your writing quality is. Could you provide a public sample?
LukaHR

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

account out of order

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:51:38 AM

Some people get paid $1 per 500-750 word article. It's going to be hard for you to find a job that pays $10 per 500 words. In fact, you haven't even proven how good your writing quality is. Could you provide a public sample?

$1 per 500 words only benefits the clients who actually drill down the price because of the people who don't know how much to charge for their work.
Why else would they seek newbies while professionals can do the job far better?
I think he should stick to that price, because all the offers and bids I got as a content buyer were around that sum, or even more ( term papers or graduate theses for $1 ... Huh).

Just make a portfolio and go for it and avoid anyone who wants to pay you dollar per 500 words because it is usually one nightstand, they rarely have enough capital or profit to maintain constant inflow plus these are by the rule all the re-sellers who are after the bargains.
SandCastle (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:21:43 PM

LukaHR, I couldn't agree more. Quality work deserves its equivalent payment. Those who charge a mere $1 for a 500 word piece aren't providing a quality service. You as an employer receive exactly what you pay for.

Honestly my lack of writing portfolio is the only reason I'm offering verification work. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider it.

Cheers!
SuperCoinGuy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Defender of Bitcoin

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:49:45 PM

The people who buy articles for $1 per 500 words don't care much about what they are getting for their money and the people who write these fabulous pieces don't care at all and churn out these like hot cakes with minimal effort possible just to fill their daily quota.
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:56:02 PM

In response to the discussion above (I'm not really quoting it since its too long).You can charge whatever you want to charge for the projects.Don't really abide by other's opinions on how much you must charge.If you are good at it ,you must sell it for a good price.From your post I can make out you must be a good writer.Provide samples for demo ,just in case.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
SandCastle (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:55:45 PM

It seems you are all very adamant that I should include previous works. I'll put something together tonight.

Cheers!
SandCastle (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:02:55 PM

I've uploaded a previous assignment I completed for a creative writing class I took earlier this year. This has been submitted to my professor already and no longer serves any other purpose. If anyone would prefer an article regarding bitcoin/altcoin related content, please don't hesitate to ask.

http://pastebin.com/FfJua1tf

Cheers!

(This goes without saying, but if any readers have constructive criticism for my writing please PM me. I'm always interested in improving my style and flow.)
bitcoineverything

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 02:47:30 AM

Good example of your work. For me it is worth a good $7-10.

My advice is that you also try to build up your reputation slowly and surely also using other avenues like fiverr, freelance sites, etc.

Having your own portfolio site and guest blog posts will work as well. In every business endeavor, there are no instant results. You will need to take your time building everything up from scratch.

Another thing, try the translation services on marketplace here. Perhaps the companies there still need more workers.

Just my 2 cents.  Wink

We are here to give you all the latest from the Cryptocurrency space!
SandCastle (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:26:27 AM

I appreciate the advice bitcoineverything. I'll begin a portfolio and look into freelance services. And I would love to do translation work, however I only understand English and some French. Thanks so much for the advice, though.

Cheers!
SandCastle (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:45:54 PM

bump
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:04:28 PM

Your writing isn't too bad! You definitely need to work on punctuation and sentence structure in some cases (which is the norm with most writers), but it's definitely something a great editor could work with, Smiley.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: