Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:24:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't send bitcoins with Multibit classic.  (Read 1987 times)
sinoo (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:47:44 AM

hi! I 've an old wallet which is with multibit 0.5.18 I tried more than on time to send bitcoins through it but I can't and the bitcoins disappeared for some time and back again .So, i upgraded my wallet to 0.5.19 and the same result .the multibit shows that's online and connected with 6 peers but if I use it to send BTC the transaction seen by 0 peers and I get a rectangle ,and the BTC disappered What to do now  Huh
Deathwing
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1328

Stultorum infinitus est numerus

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 05:50:21 AM

Can you get the TX Hash from the wallet? Try checking that through Blockchain, if the BTC disappear that might mean that it's sent.
sinoo (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:55:10 AM

Can you get the TX Hash from the wallet? Try checking that through Blockchain, if the BTC disappear that might mean that it's sent.
the transaction doesn't exist in the blockchain !
Alaki

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:05:01 AM

hi! I 've an old wallet which is with multibit 0.5.18 I tried more than on time to send bitcoins through it but I can't and the bitcoins disappeared for some time and back again .So, i upgraded my wallet to 0.5.19 and the same result .the multibit shows that's online and connected with 6 peers but if I use it to send BTC the transaction seen by 0 peers and I get a rectangle ,and the BTC disappered What to do now  Huh
I'd entreat you to read this -> https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_support_sentBitcoinFromMultibitButTheyAreStuck.html & for unpropagated transactions (disappeared btc) you can go to 'Tools -> Reset Block chain and Transactions' & you'll see(get) your bitcoins back to your wallet in seconds.
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:15:12 PM

hi! I 've an old wallet which is with multibit 0.5.18 I tried more than on time to send bitcoins through it but I can't and the bitcoins disappeared for some time and back again .So, i upgraded my wallet to 0.5.19 and the same result .the multibit shows that's online and connected with 6 peers but if I use it to send BTC the transaction seen by 0 peers and I get a rectangle ,and the BTC disappered What to do now  Huh

Could be that your internet lost connection while the transaction was waiting for confirmation,try to make sure your computer is connected to the internet throughout the transaction and doesn't lose connection for even 1 second,and see if it works.
jamesl22

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 06:11:59 PM

Sometime it happens when wallet isn't totally rescanned and the coins you are trying to send are already spent.check the wallet balance on blockchain.info if the wallet has balance then rescan your multibit wallet.you can do this with
Tools-> Reset Blockchain and Transactions

wait for it to reset the blockchain and try sending coins again it should work fine now.
jim6181

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:37:43 AM

It is probably a good idea to upgrade to the latest code 0.5.19
IIRC the default fee went up - older versions of MultiBit include a too low fee for nowadays.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: