Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:55:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running cards independently with crossfire bridge?  (Read 1494 times)
kirby9058 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:06:07 PM

I finally got my Sapphire 5830 in the mail today, about to pop it in when I get home tonight. I've never ran a crossfire setup before, and I can't seem to find a straight answer to this question: when I have the crossfire bridge installed, can I still choose to turn the feature off and run the cards independently? This is a mid-range gaming rig I built last year, and I just mine when I'm at work, sleeping, out etc. The way I was hoping to have it set up was with the bridge installed, so I have the option to use both cards when doing more intense gaming. But I'd also like the option to only be mining from one of my cards, and use the other for less-graphic-intensive gaming. Is this setup at all possible? Thanks for the help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonnynogood

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:07:55 PM

yes
kirby9058 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:08:57 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. Can't wait to get home and pop that baby in now! Cheesy
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 11:15:03 PM

I run two mining rigs, one has 3 cards the other has 2 - I do not have any crossfire cables hooked up at all

the best thing to do is run each card independently - hook the monitor up to the first one, set the overclock settings, start the miner up and them unplug the monitor cable and hook it up to the next card, repeat

you get much faster speeds mining independently then you do running them in crossfire
kirby9058 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:21:20 AM

But I can still run the cards independently with the bridge installed, right? I was under the impression that you have the option to turn crossfire on or off. But again, I've never used Crossfire before. Also, both cards will be hooked up to displays, so I don't need dummy plugs. The reason I want the bridge installed is to have the ability to switch between crossfire for gaming, and running cards independently for mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: