Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 01:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best coin to mine with GTX 970?  (Read 5532 times)
Dossis (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:43:11 AM

So what you think what would be the best coin to mine with 1x Nvidia GTX 970?

Only reason to mine for me is to make money.

So obviously it should be easy to mine still, but have some value too..

Tips and tricks are more than welcome. Smiley

Thanks.
Billyboy402

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:45:09 AM

Ethereum ~20 MH/s
Stats:
Per Month 11.25 ETH - $128.30
Your electricity rate per kWh?

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
Dossis (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:02:37 AM

Ethereum ~20 MH/s
Stats:

Can't mine ETH.. It makes my computer laggy as f*ck. When writing letters come to screen after 2 secs, and mouse pointer is lagging too. Can't really do anything when mining eth.

5,79c/kWh
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:23:25 AM

Ethereum ~20 MH/s
Stats:

Can't mine ETH.. It makes my computer laggy as f*ck. When writing letters come to screen after 2 secs, and mouse pointer is lagging too. Can't really do anything when mining eth.

5,79c/kWh

GPU mining is really a thing of past I would not invest much time as so many are pump/dump.   If you already have gear... eth is going to be best option.  But again I don't suggest GPU mining for most.

Buying new GPU's is expensive... and turning a profit is not easy like it was years ago where 3 month ROI's were almost guaranteed.    Also I would not mine on a PC your using as you mention lag.   Dedicated mining machine is more practical, due to high intensity needed in most cases.
Billyboy402

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:27:29 AM

Ethereum ~20 MH/s
Stats:

5,79c/kWh

Do you have integrated graphic in your processor?

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 10:35:46 AM

Ethereum ~20 MH/s
Stats:

5,79c/kWh

Well obviously it will lag .Drop down the intensity and it will fix if you don't want lagging but it will drop the hash rate as well.Its not that it is lagging because you are mining ETH, even if you mine other it will lag.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:38:35 PM

Mining of ethereum is the best choice right now, specially for a graphics card like yours. You can manage it's mining, and lower the hash-rate if you want your system to give out a good performance while mining. But of course, that will have you less coins.
Vaccomondus

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:49:03 PM

Ethereum ~20 MH/s
Stats:

5,79c/kWh

GPU mining is really a thing of past I would not invest much time as so many are pump/dump.   If you already have gear... eth is going to be best option.  But again I don't suggest GPU mining for most.

Buying new GPU's is expensive... and turning a profit is not easy like it was years ago where 3 month ROI's were almost guaranteed.    Also I would not mine on a PC your using as you mention lag.   Dedicated mining machine is more practical, due to high intensity needed in most cases.

you don't need to roi with gpu you sell them after they are not profitable, it's a win win condition, better than any asic crap
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:02:07 PM

Ethereum ~20 MH/s
Stats:

5,79c/kWh

Well obviously it will lag .Drop down the intensity and it will fix if you don't want lagging but it will drop the hash rate as well.Its not that it is lagging because you are mining ETH, even if you mine other it will lag.

It is better to drop down the intensity. I think for AMD cards, there is no lagging problem but 970 is more efficient.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: