Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:33:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for those playing or wanting to play the btcLottery.com Match6 game...  (Read 678 times)
btcLottery (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2011, 11:22:58 PM

Been thinking about something...

As it stands right now, the MATCH6 game on btcLottery.com has a .01 bet and the odds are 1 in 1,000,000 to win.

Now it already has 43 bets at this point, and those bets will stay until there is a winner.

But right now, you have to match the numbers exactly, for instance if the winning number is 3-1-2-6-7-4, your ticket has to read exactly 3-1-2-6-7-4.

As I said the odds are:  10x10x10x10x10x10 = 1,000,000.

Thinking about adding a BOX option (meaning your numbers can play in any order to win), which would reduce the odds to 1 in 1,389:
10x10x10x10x10x10 / 1*2*3*4*5*6 = 1388.88888888...  (I think I'm doing that right)

And to designate your bet/ticket as a boxed option, you would include an extra .1 btc in your bet.

So to play UNBOXED, your bet would have to be .01 btc.
But to play your ticket BOXED, your bet would have to be .11 btc

This adds an extra .1 to the prize pot per bet, and also designates to us and the world that your ticket is to be played BOXED.

This would reduce the odds for that ticket to win drastically, but the prize pool would rise significantly as well.  It's not a perfect cost/odds application (odds/1000 - bet*10), but I think it would make the game more interesting...

Thought about making the bet need 1btc to box it, meaning the boxed bet would have to be 1.01 btc, but I'm no dummy, I know noone will put $25+ dollars into a lottery just to box the ticket.

I am asking this question here because:
1) This is the only place I advertise this lottery
2) I don't want to be unfair to those 43 (or less) folks who have already placed bets.

But at the same time, I think this might be an interesting idea and don't want to wait forever to implement it if you guys also think it's an interesting idea...

So, what do you all think?  Open to suggestions, criticisms, slaps in the face, and of course, donations  Grin

http://www.btclottery.com/images/ads/banner.btclottery.200x50.jpg

Flexcoin ID: btcLottery
Get a 10% lifetime discount on the MtGox competitor "TradeHill" (now with EUR market!) via: http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R118438
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lentesco

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:04:21 AM

Nice concept and idea. Have you created it on a smart contract? Which program do you use to determine the winner?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: