Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sorry what is halving the price will rise e or reduce?  (Read 2513 times)
bakingbad

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:24:49 PM

so seen people saying halving all the time? what is it  so when bitcoin halving the price reduce or rise?

Like somebody said, we don't really know what will happen, but atleast i and everyone else hopes that price will rise, because if there will be no price rise, miners won't get any profit so they will have to leave their jobs, so if price won't rise it will be very bad for bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 10:03:57 PM

so seen people saying halving all the time? what is it  so when bitcoin halving the price reduce or rise?

At the halving period i think that miners will not sell their coins which got from the reward of mining, so there will be less bitcoin to trade which makes the price of bitcoin to be increased (how much we do don't know) but i don't think it will be reduced at least this year.

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 02:40:05 AM

Halving means that the block reward for mining bitcoins will be reduced to 50%. That (supposedly) means that miners will keep their Bitcoins instead of selling them expecting a price raise, while people waiting for the halving will also buy in hope of a price raise. Both things (reduction of supply and more intensive buying) are likely to make price raise.

hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:07:26 AM

if i'm not mistake halving will happen on this july and might be prices will increase and let's hope this will really happened
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:08:53 AM

Halving means that the block reward for mining bitcoins will be reduced to 50%. That (supposedly) means that miners will keep their Bitcoins instead of selling them expecting a price raise, while people waiting for the halving will also buy in hope of a price raise. Both things (reduction of supply and more intensive buying) are likely to make price raise.

Well that's true,, before the halving came in, most of us are holding our coins...The demand would just go higher and higher which I think would push the price high...
solitude

Activity: 674

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:20:55 AM

Good post, well articulated.  If you paid for english lessons get a refund, your teacher was shit. 

It's clear you could give zero fucks about bitcoin and are only here for your signature spam rewards.  Fuck off back to your third world shithole, the civilized white men are talking.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
DashCoinDark

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:21:57 AM

I think that the value will not rise and not reduce after the halving, but I think that the value will keep stable and that can be bad for the most people who wants a higher value of course.
If you are now looking at the moment, you can see that the value is not rising and that is already bad.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:44:53 AM

I think that the value will not rise and not reduce after the halving, but I think that the value will keep stable and that can be bad for the most people who wants a higher value of course.
If you are now looking at the moment, you can see that the value is not rising and that is already bad.

no offense but you know nothing about how the market and the price rises work.

there is always a period of time before each rise, and the longer this period lasts the bigger the rise will be. this period is the accumulation phase where everybody is buying bitcoin at an stable price which is low enough that they can earn a good profit from the rise.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:18:26 PM

The value is now stable, but the I think that the value will rise a bit after the halving but it will rise very slowly and I think that will be good enough to make some profit with Bitcoin in the future.
Many people are thinking that it wont rise and that the value will keep stable after the halving but that is not true.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:27:37 PM

we all speculated that later after halving prices will increase due in cryptocurrency every coin that experienced halving also shall offset by price increases.

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:26:35 PM

Minus the speculators, if the demand remains the same but the output of coins are reduced then we should see a slow gradual increase.

However, there is news like the block size debate, lightening network, and unforseen world events that make this investment a good challenge for both longs and shorts.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:28:58 PM

My guess is that it will be a non-event. I have seen all the halving episodes so far and they are less dramatic than the talk leading up to them.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dumbfbrankings

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:36:09 PM

Minus the speculators, if the demand remains the same but the output of coins are reduced then we should see a slow gradual increase.

However, there is news like the block size debate, lightening network, and unforseen world events that make this investment a good challenge for both longs and shorts.

r0ach already answered the halving question, so no worries there.

I do have another question though. Is it called Lightening Network, because it lightens the load of actual bitcoin transactions occurring? Or it lightens the wallets of those who thought such a rube goldberg contraption would see mass adoption? Or is it Lightning Network, because intrepid web 3.0 gamblers investors like snappy buzzwords, and bitcoiners just generally can't spell common english words?
KenR

Activity: 910

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:24:12 PM

I do have another question though. Is it called Lightening Network, because it lightens the load of actual bitcoin transactions occurring? Or it lightens the wallets of those who thought such a rube goldberg contraption would see mass adoption? Or is it Lightning Network, because intrepid web 3.0 gamblers investors like snappy buzzwords, and bitcoiners just generally can't spell common english words?

No,the blockchain's increasing size with the grown of transactions could be solved using the lightning network.More like an idea solution for scalability issues.The lightning network tends to solve by implementing a hashed timelock.The quote below explains well.

While this may sound complicated, essentially it works like this – If all bitcoin transactions are being discussed in an open forum, its public ledger, the lightning network allows parties to enter into a closed room for a period of time, conduct transactions during that period, and at the end of the agreed time, broadcast these transactions to the network.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:13:15 AM

Nothing is sure on halving. Last time the price increase was observed, so users were expecting the same this time. But probabilities are there to see no price increase.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
busybee7

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:18:38 PM

halving will halve block reward for miners, so to get profit, price of course will have to go up, or miners will leave their jobs and this would be very bad news for bitcoin, but  i think that price will rise and bitcoin will be alive for next 10 years for sure, and no if you think that halving will reduce price of bitcoins then no, it won't
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:42:12 PM

halving will halve block reward for miners, so to get profit, price of course will have to go up, or miners will leave their jobs and this would be very bad news for bitcoin, but  i think that price will rise and bitcoin will be alive for next 10 years for sure, and no if you think that halving will reduce price of bitcoins then no, it won't

Miners "leave their jobs" all the time and it's not very bad news for Bitcoin.

This is a graph of difficulty (and network power). Every time the red line goes down, instead of up, it's because difficulty has fallen. Difficulty falls in response to the computational power of the network falling - which happens because (some) miners stop mining. When difficulty falls it makes mining more profitable - prompting new miners to start mining.

The current miners purchased their mining equipment in full and certain knowledge that the block reward reduction - the halving - was going to happen. The halving is not going to come as any surprise to them. They will have taken it into account when determining whether or not to purchase their latest mining gear. When the block reward reduction occurs, most miners are not suddenly going to find themselves looking at an unexpected and difficult situation. They're going to be facing something they've been expecting, that they took into account when calculating ROI on their mining gear.

I don't think anyone is seriously arguing that the halving will result in prices falling. Some people - including me - have been arguing that (a) since the halving is known prices already largely reflect it, and (b) some of the more "enthusiastic" traders may well be disappointed by the actual price when the halving occurs. For some reason this is seen as being bearish, as if all the other reasons to be bullish somehow ceased to matter.

This space intentionally left blank.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 12:47:57 PM

a lot of big hands are at play here. and a lot of money has been ivested in bitcoin in these previous months that the price was stable.

so it is hard for me to come up with a situation that price can go down. and i can only speculate it going up to give all of them a nice profit.

Buying the dip...
pearnapple

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:50:39 AM

Halving will halve block reward for miners by half, so that means that miners will earn less money from mining and it can even be unprofitable

So to get profit, price will have to rise, i think that it will rise to 800$ or so atleast, so miners won't leave their jobs, also halving will happen in July

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
benmartin613

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:17:27 AM

Halving will halve block reward for miners by half, so that means that miners will earn less money from mining and it can even be unprofitable

So to get profit, price will have to rise, i think that it will rise to 800$ or so atleast, so miners won't leave their jobs, also halving will happen in July

Yes i agree to it we need to raise the value of bitcoin so that all miners will gain profit if there would be a reduce in miners then that would mean a slower confirmation on our transaction is that is bad for bitcoin users.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: