Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:47:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greece on brink of chaos as refugees riot over forced return to Turkey  (Read 1225 times)
zenitzz (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:23:18 PM

The Greek government is bracing itself for violence ahead of the European Union implementing a landmark deal that, from Monday, will see Syrian refugees and migrants being deported back to Turkey en masse.

Rioting and rebellion by thousands of entrapped refugees across Greece has triggered mounting fears in Athens over the practicality of enforcing an agreement already marred by growing concerns over its legality. Islands have become flashpoints, with as many as 800 people breaking out of a detention centre on Chios on Friday.

“We are expecting violence. People in despair tend to be violent,” the leftist-led government’s migration spokesman, Giorgos Kyritsis, told the Observer. “The whole philosophy of the deal is to deter human trafficking [into Europe] from the Turkish coast, but it is going to be difficult and we are trying to use a soft approach. These are people have fled war. They are not criminals.”

Barely 24 hours ahead of the pact coming into force, it emerged that Frontex, the EU border agency, had not dispatched the appropriate personnel to oversee the operation. Eight Frontex boats will transport men, women and children, who are detained on Greek islands and have been selected for deportation, back across the Aegean following fast-track asylum hearings. But of the 2,300 officials the EU has promised to send Greece only 200 have so far arrived, Kyritsis admitted.

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/02/greece-violence-refugees-riot-forced-return-to-turkey
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:01:29 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 11:14:55 PM by Slowturtleinc

This smells funny,it does little to slow down the refugee issue and will cause disruption in Turkey that they really can not afford right now.
I know they are doing this to be in the EU but it seems like the EU is gambling that Turkey some how falls apart before that happens.
Actually now that I think about that,thats most likely what they think will happen. Do not see them giving Turkey what was agreed to and I also
do not think Turkey can handle the influx. So combine that with the border wars and you know they are going to fall into a interupted state.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:12:44 PM

Well that kinda sucks for every syrian refugee trying to escape their own bloody war.

If no one takes me in now, then where will they go.. thats pretty sad.

I havent been updating to read the whole syrian situation since theres a whole mess with current presidential candidates going on here in the states..

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 11:49:16 PM

This smells funny,it does little to slow down the refugee issue and will cause disruption in Turkey that they really can not afford right now.
I know they are doing this to be in the EU but it seems like the EU is gambling that Turkey some how falls apart before that happens.
Actually now that I think about that,thats most likely what they think will happen. Do not see them giving Turkey what was agreed to and I also
do not think Turkey can handle the influx. So combine that with the border wars and you know they are going to fall into a interupted state.

Fuck Turkey, they are the ones funneling most of them into Europe. You think Greece is more able to handle them? Please. Do unto others.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:54:12 PM

Fuck Turkey, they are the ones funneling most of them into Europe. You think Greece is more able to handle them? Please. Do unto others.

This. Turkey has been encouraging the refugees to leave, and has extorted $1.3 billion from Europe to take them back. They've taken the money, now they need to take the refugees.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:27:56 AM

The U.S. and its European vassals are getting busy screwing up Libya again and probably even worse than in 2011 and probably will do their best to destabilize the entire Northern Africa. It´s spring and calmer seas now across the Mediterranean so those NATO screwballs are eager to get the refugee torrent going that route.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:40:49 AM

The Greeks should pack all these third world barbarians and send them to Berlin. It was Angela Merkel who provoked this huge immigrant influx, as a result of her foolish statements. This evil woman is even worse than Adolph Hitler. The latter destroyed the European Jewry, while the former is hell bent upon destroying the entire European civilization.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:34:58 AM

Pack all these third world barbarians and send them to USA because USA made the chaos in middle east.
magnific61

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:00:23 AM

Many of SOBs insult Turkey. Why? Why Turkey didn't hold them. Turkey already has 3 million refugees and provides their all necessity without any support of EU. Some of them go to Europe with hope of better life standards but God damn greece coastal security boats get sank their boats by shooting.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 01:08:09 PM

Many of SOBs insult Turkey. Why? Why Turkey didn't hold them. Turkey already has 3 million refugees and provides their all necessity without any support of EU. Some of them go to Europe with hope of better life standards but God damn greece coastal security boats get sank their boats by shooting.

Because Turkey is not sending them back where they came from or to other Arab nations where they share the same culture, instead they send them to Europe and they do not assimilate and try to force locals to assimilate to them, often with violence. Why does Turkey deserve support from Europe? They are doing plenty themselves to create this conflict. Turkey is purposely funneling the migrants to Europe and several countries there do not want the giant influx of migrants regardless of what that traitor to her own people Angela Merkel says. Additionally Turkey has been dealing directly with ISIS and other terrorist groups. There are a lot of people hoping for better life and standards, that doesn't give them a right to come to places with a better life and standard and then crap all over it until it is just as shitty as where they came from. I wish Greece would sink more boats, maybe they would stop flooding in like they are entitled to run rampant all over Europe, disobey the domestic laws and just leech off of welfare programs. Immigration laws exist for a reason, if they didn't the entire world would be one giant shithole. Maybe if more of the migrants were acting like civilized human beings I would have more sympathy for them, but they aren't. Funny how the UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc don't want anything to do with them. I wonder why.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:21:07 PM

Funny how the UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc don't want anything to do with them. I wonder why.

Their intention is very clear. Isn't it? First the GCC and Turkey provoke a civil war in Syria, by providing advanced weaponry to the Islamic State and the Al Nusra. And when Syrian civilians flee the fighting, they divert them to Europe. Two objectives are achieved at the same time. The secular regime of Assad is replaced with an Islamist one dominated by Al Nusra, and Europe is converted to Eurabia.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 01:44:14 PM

Funny how the UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc don't want anything to do with them. I wonder why.

Their intention is very clear. Isn't it? First the GCC and Turkey provoke a civil war in Syria, by providing advanced weaponry to the Islamic State and the Al Nusra. And when Syrian civilians flee the fighting, they divert them to Europe. Two objectives are achieved at the same time. The secular regime of Assad is replaced with an Islamist one dominated by Al Nusra, and Europe is converted to Eurabia.

A union of sovereign nations whose outer border is provided by a subset of those nations cannot stand against an external threat.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:49:10 PM

A union of sovereign nations whose outer border is provided by a subset of those nations cannot stand against an external threat.

The European Union member nations are no longer sovereign. Important decisions such as border control and refugee policy are taken by the authorities in Brussels. Else, the Greeks would have closed their borders and kept the immigrants out of their cities and villages. Here is the paradox. The Muslim immigrants are there in Greece due to the EU policy. And at the same time the EU is refusing to help Greece to resolve this issue.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:00:24 PM

The Greeks should pack all these third world barbarians and send them to Berlin. It was Angela Merkel who provoked this huge immigrant influx, as a result of her foolish statements. This evil woman is even worse than Adolph Hitler. The latter destroyed the European Jewry, while the former is hell bent upon destroying the entire European civilization.

perfectly agreed, angela merkel is more horrible human being than adolf hitler because she wants to destroy all the european civilizitation and culture by bringing all the refrugees to europe.. we must get rid of her immediately..
coinzat

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Young but I'm not that bold

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:35:26 PM

Migrants waving signs that read “We want freedom” protested on the Greek island of Chios on Sunday, a day before a controversial EU deal that will see hundreds of people deported back to Turkey was due to come into effect.

An estimated 750 people will be sent back to Turkey between Monday and Wednesday as part of the first wave of deportations under the EU deal, Greece’s state news agency ANA reported
Under the terms of the much-criticised agreement, all newcomers who arrived in Greece after the March 20 deadline are liable to be deported if they fail to apply for asylum or if their request is rejected.

The demonstration came after hundreds of migrants on Chios tore through a razor fence surrounding their detention centre on Friday, camping out at the port in protest against the planned expulsions.

Clashes also broke out at the site late on Thursday, during which windows were smashed and 10 people were lightly injured, according to a police official.

“They say that they don’t want to go back to Turkey and that they are afraid for their safety after yesterday’s clashes between migrants in the hotspot,” the official said on Friday, using an EU euphemism for what have basically become detention centres.

The tension on Chios has raised fears of further unrest less than 24 hours before the deportations are due to begin. It is also still unclear how and where the operation will take place.

“Planning is in progress,” said George Kyritsis, a Greek government spokesman for the migration crisis.

Turkey’s interior minister, Efkan Ala, was quoted by the pro-government newspaper Aksam as saying 500 people were expected in Turkey from Greece on Monday. Afghans, Iraqis and Pakistanis would be deported to their countries, he said.

Although arrivals have slowed, 514 migrants crossed from Turkey to the Greek islands on Sunday morning. Overall, more than 6,000 have registered since the March deadline.

Source
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:27:26 PM

perfectly agreed, angela merkel is more horrible human being than adolf hitler because she wants to destroy all the european civilizitation and culture by bringing all the refrugees to europe.. we must get rid of her immediately..

Right now her party is polling less than 35% in Germany (used to be around 45%). But still, it horrifies me that so many of them support Merkel and her party. If she was the head of state of Japan or the United States, by now she would have been impeached and put behind bars for the rest of her life for high treason.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 09:40:50 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 12:41:02 AM by TECSHARE

Of course the women and children are always up front for the photo ops, but in reality 3/4 of the migrants are fighting age males, most of which are not even from Syria. The flood of migrants is slowing already... gee what a surprise. Remove incentive to go there and they stop flooding in. What a groundbreaking concept. What is unfortunate about this is that people within Germany and a lot of the EU can not open their mouths about this insane policy of allowing mass immigration without risking being cast as racists or even being being criminally charged under totalitarian PC legislation. That is why I feel it is our responsibility to speak out for our brothers and sisters in Europe from places where we are still allowed a modicum of free speech. They aren't allowed to speak, so we should all be speaking out for them.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 10:31:01 PM

I've seen videos on youtube of migrants literally dragging girls to the front and shoving the babies at people, it's pretty disturbing sometimes how much they try to manipulate us when you see the reality of everything from a completely different perspective but I guess this is precisely why I get my information from the internet now, because it offers just that, multiple perspectives.
zenitzz (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 11:42:57 AM

Right now her party is polling less than 35% in Germany (used to be around 45%). But still, it horrifies me that so many of them support Merkel and her party. If she was the head of state of Japan or the United States, by now she would have been impeached and put behind bars for the rest of her life for high treason.
Can we get some demographic statistics on these refugees? How many women and children and how many males of military age?
zenitzz (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 03:25:00 PM

First boats returning migrants and refugees from Greece arrive in Turkey

Three boats carrying the first migrants to be deported from Greece to Turkey under an EU deal with Ankara have made the short journey across the Aegean Sea to the Turkish port of Dikili.

Two boats carrying 131 deportees arrived from Lesbos. A third, carrying 66 people, came from the nearby island of Chios.

Under the deal with the EU, Ankara is supposed take back all migrants and refugees who enter Greece illegally, including Syrians, in return for the EU taking in thousands of Syrian refugees directly from Turkey and rewarding it with more money, early visa-free travel and progress in its EU membership negotiations.

Officials from the EU border agency Frontex said the Lesbos boats were carrying mostly Pakistanis who were already being deported to Turkey before the deal’s creation. As such Monday’s deportations are not a true test of whether the agreement can stop the flow of mainly Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis to Greece.

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/04/first-moves-to-deport-refugees-from-greece-to-turkey-underway
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: