Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Highlander  (Read 527 times)
Tdecha (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 04:20:07 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 05:25:29 PM by Tdecha

Dear all,

I'd like to present you a new game, "Highlander" !!

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/225721sword.jpg

Story

Even in your own tribe of immortal savages, you are perceived as one of the bravest. But bravery comes with a cost: to remain immortal and earn the respect of your peers, you have to be undeafeated and unchallendged during 24 hours... If another contestant rises up, you might get beaten to death.

Features (the serious story Wink )

- To became the highlander, you have to be the last one to send ether during the last 24 hours
- If someone sends ether after the 24 hours delay, all the balance (except 5 eth) goes to you
- If someone sends ether before the 24 hours delay, he is the new contestant and has to remain undeafeated during 24 hours
- The cost of becoming a contestant is 5 ETH
- I've already precharged the game
- To win, (thanks askolein), you have to be the last one investing

How to enter ?

Send exactly 5 ETH to 0xD361e374bE9e3907FCEAC60c6EA5CbDcE89fC9ae
To send ETH, you have to use the official wallet or use the geth command line
eth.sendTransaction({from: eth.coinbase, value: web3.toWei(1, 'ether'), to: '0xD361e374bE9e3907FCEAC60c6EA5CbDcE89fC9ae', gas: 250000})

Contract verified : https://etherscan.io/address/0xD361e374bE9e3907FCEAC60c6EA5CbDcE89fC9ae

What is the cost?

Exactly 5 ETH. If it is not (higher or lower), the amount is sent back to the send and the 0.1 fee is not taken

Personal note:
- I hope this game feels different to you than the usual Ponzi Scheme -> go LittleCactus, be a good cactus  )
- There's a kill function which is usable only if the balance of the contract is lower or equal than 5 ETH. I made this to avoid losing the precharged 5 ETH, once someone enter the game, I cannot kill it anymore) -> this is not a fuck-you feature Smiley

WARNING !!

Although the contract code is verified, this is a betting game which means that it doesn't create value. It only redistributes investments according to the scheme.
This might seem to be a game but it's still money you are sending in the end. The creator is not in charge of the holdings, everything is on the blockchain.
Please review the code before investing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 04:52:09 PM

Dear all,

I'd like to present you a new game, "Highlander" !!

Story

Even in your own tribe of immortal savages, you are perceived as one of the bravest. But bravery comes with a cost: to remain immortal and earn the respect of your peers, you have to be undeafeated and unchallendged during 24 hours... If another contestant rises up, you might get beaten to death.

Features (the serious story Wink )

- To became the highlander, you have to be the last one to send ether during the last 24 hours
- If someone sends ether after the 24 hours delay, all the balance (except 5 eth) goes to you
- If someone sends ether before the 24 hours delay, he is the new contestant and has to remain undeafeated during 24 hours
- The cost of becoming a contestant is 5 ETH
- I've already precharged the game

How to enter ?

Send exactly 5 ETH to 0xD361e374bE9e3907FCEAC60c6EA5CbDcE89fC9ae
To send ETH, you have to use the official wallet or use the geth command line
eth.sendTransaction({from: eth.coinbase, value: web3.toWei(1, 'ether'), to: '0xD361e374bE9e3907FCEAC60c6EA5CbDcE89fC9ae', gas: 250000})

Contract verified : https://etherscan.io/address/0xD361e374bE9e3907FCEAC60c6EA5CbDcE89fC9ae

What is the cost?

Exactly 5 ETH. If it is not (higher or lower), the amount is sent back to the send and the 0.1 fee is not taken

Personal note:
- I hope this game feels different to you than the usual Ponzi Scheme -> go LittleCactus, be a good cactus  )
- There's a kill function which is usable only if the balance of the contract is lower or equal than 5 ETH. I made this to avoid losing the precharged 5 ETH, once someone enter the game, I cannot kill it anymore) -> this is not a fuck-you feature Smiley

WARNING !!

Although the contract code is verified, this is a betting game which means that it doesn't create value. It only redistributes investments according to the scheme.
This might seem to be a game but it's still money you are sending in the end. The creator is not in charge of the holdings, everything is on the blockchain.
Please review the code before investing

Quoted to make the picture appear as was asked here[1]. This is no endorsement of the game. In fact I have doubt that its provably fair.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1423273.msg14411405#msg14411405

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
askolein

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:10:15 PM

So you never win something?
Tdecha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 05:22:32 PM

So you never win something?

Oups, I didn't explain the rules well, --> editing now Wink
etherauction

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:22:43 PM

Interesting, I was pondering something similar just now. Oy vey, though, 5 ether a play is pretty pricey! A much more interesting game, at least to me, would be more like 0.1 ether to play and a one hour timeout.

10% of every contribution seems a little steep as a fee, too.

Edit: The code seems to act as described, albeit it's rather hairy, inefficient, and poorly written.
Tdecha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 05:31:34 PM

Yep I first thought about something more stressful like every 1hours but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to play the game seriously since I don't have mist wallet at the office :/

Edit: The code seems to act as described, albeit it's rather hairy, inefficient, and poorly written.

Well I'm still learning here  Roll Eyes
etherauction

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:56:36 PM

[/quote]

If you want a quick codereview:

- There's no need for the struct, since it's only got one element in it.
 - You don't actually need to store anything other than the most recent address. There's no need for an array here.
 - CurrentTime and current_Balance don't need to be storage variables.
 - 'now' doesn't change during the execution of the transaction, so there's no need to store it in a variable at all.
 - You never read from 'current_Balance', and it's always equal to this.balance, so there's no need to have that variable, either.
 - If you declare the relevant variables public, you don't need the accessor functions CT()/PT()/bal().

All that said, it seems conceptually sound, which is a step up over a lot of contracts in this forum. Wink
Tdecha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 06:04:13 PM

If you want a quick codereview:

- There's no need for the struct, since it's only got one element in it.
 - You don't actually need to store anything other than the most recent address. There's no need for an array here.
 - CurrentTime and current_Balance don't need to be storage variables.
 - 'now' doesn't change during the execution of the transaction, so there's no need to store it in a variable at all.
 - You never read from 'current_Balance', and it's always equal to this.balance, so there's no need to have that variable, either.
 - If you declare the relevant variables public, you don't need the accessor functions CT()/PT()/bal().

All that said, it seems conceptually sound, which is a step up over a lot of contracts in this forum. Wink
[/quote]

Nice, thanks for the review man !!
I'll make sure to take those into account if another idea pops up Wink (I'll use the accessor for the website but I'll first make a quick one without any variable)

Yep, even if I like all these betting game, ponzi, etc. I think that the scams are a real plague, I've already lost more than 25 ETH to piggybank, castle, etc. This is stupid and I'm not proud of it but it somehow feels good to confess I was stupid (even my wife doesn't know about it Cheesy)
Tdecha (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 08:34:18 AM

It seems I'll get back my 5 ETH back in the end Smiley
Anyway, this concept does not seem to attract players
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: