Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:25:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Panama Papers open eyes of public towards Crypto?  (Read 2694 times)
LTEX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 08:23:20 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 02:30:53 PM by LTEX

Perhaps one of the greatest revelations of this decade: The Panama Papers!

Many well known people including heads of state have been caught in the act of hiding billions from the general public yesterday. This story can easily turn into one of the biggest scandals in history! Will this finally open up the eyes of the general public and make them look at Crypto as a way to prevent this?

To me the most interesting person on the list is obviously Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson, the PM of Iceland. Today they are probably going to protest like crazy against him and my guess is it will turn into another Pots and Pans revolution demanding his government to resign!

If this happens the Icelandic Pirate party will probably win new elections and they are great supporters of Crypto currency!
To me it's a no-brainer, but this will definitely make a huge difference in getting our coin accepted in Iceland!

LIVE STREAM OF NEW PROTEST!

https://youtu.be/qMT2zZcvIi8

THINK ABOUT IT!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:24:08 AM

Panama Papers is bigger than Auroracoin. A serious discussion thread is needed
LTEX (OP)
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 09:26:41 AM

I agree, doesn't need to be just about Auroracoin, it's just what puts it into good perspective towards the influence it has on crypto. Auroracoin is extremely close to general adoption in Iceland, it just got a mayor push here thanks to those papers.

soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:52:34 PM

What surprise me is how surprised people are. We are slaves of these criminals, and keep fighting each other for what they left to us. Very little. Look in crypto. This was designed to answers such situation, to give people a tool to regain control of their lives. Instead of cooperation toward common goals, we saw countless little criminals hidden behind their screens scamming idealist people.

I've been burned in crypto by criminals (Mt.Gox, Mintpal, Alpha Technology, etc), as i've been raped by banskters/politic criminals with taxes, inflation, unethical laws, etc.

If we want to change the world, we have to start by changing ourselves - and put the common good in front of our own.

It is exactly why i'm so happy and proud to work with this team here. I know every single group say such stuff ''we are fair people'' etc, but for me it's only true when I can experiment the reality by myself. And I did the last year.

We have a very important project in our hands. And our hands are clean. We feel the importance of what we are doing - and we are not spending that much energy/time/ressources/money to fail. We are angry, we want to show that it is possible and very positive to have a national currency not into banksters hands. 

And now this happens ?   Lol. Can't believe how lucky we are to have such timing happening !

Hey !   We have a huge contact in the biggest newspaper / website of iceland, the national radio reach for us, and our campaign is just starting 4 weeks. 

Auroracoin Round 2 - but this time we are ready - structures are ready - we have a deep and capable team.

We will succeed.
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 01:02:35 PM

Are there online and IRL merchants accepting Auroracoin? URLs?

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:03:56 PM

Ok, something bothers me about the whole thing:

Do we really want those people in crypto? I'm not much of an idealist, but I am bothered by seeing people jump up and down like dogs anticipating a treat, because they see big money moving into crypto(that is, if it is coming at all), regardless of this money coming from criminals and what not. As if crypto wasn't shady enough already.

So crypto is gonna be the new popular tax evasion tool? Hm.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:17:41 PM

Just imagine if our governments start to put off their money in their crypto-currencies wallet. The difference of white money and black money would no longer remain. No hassle of paying taxes either.

Could it happen?
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:29:45 PM

Ok, something bothers me about the whole thing:

Do we really want those people in crypto? I'm not much of an idealist, but I am bothered by seeing people jump up and down like dogs anticipating a treat, because they see big money moving into crypto(that is, if it is coming at all), regardless of this money coming from criminals and what not. As if crypto wasn't shady enough already.

Taxes, from the start, is a tool for/from the elite to enslave the masses. I would focus on people who use it on a daily basis. There is no perfect solution cleaning every bad thing in this world - but we can indeed start somewhere. And then improve it. And then attack another problem.
LTEX (OP)
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 01:35:05 PM

Are there online and IRL merchants accepting Auroracoin? URLs?

No, at least not noticeable (some shops preparing test phase).

As stated a above we have been preparing and structuring mainly. Most important was updating the wallets to multi-algo (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1044432.msg14166555#msg14166555) and setting up an Exchange that enables Icelanders to trade AUR against ISK (http://beta.isx.is) That has been done now. We are currently developing merchant tools as we speak.

We also released a secure web wallet to enable all Icelanders to use Auroracoin on any device: http://webwallet.auroracoin.is and we are going to launch a massive busstop advertising campaign (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1044432.msg14154776#msg14154776) with posters in over 100 busstops around Reykjavik.

All this to create awareness and prepare for actual integration. We have a massive media campaign prepared for the official launch of the exchange which will be around the first of May this year.

MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:42:14 PM

Only if they have opaque blockchains. Bitcoin isn't good for tax evasion, it's actually what the tax authorities want, a way to see EVERY transaction.

Pro tip is buy monero before it moons into ETH territory. XMR is a tax evasion tool

coinyard

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:02:13 PM

If the governments officials can put their money in the crypto currencies and enjoys its benefits, they will allow the wide use of those coins.

LTEX (OP)
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 02:33:06 PM

LIVE STREAM OF NEW PROTEST!

https://youtu.be/qMT2zZcvIi8

lolikop

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:36:44 PM

Yes its time for Monero to go mainstream the world needs private untraceable crypto
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:47:22 PM

Only if they have opaque blockchains. Bitcoin isn't good for tax evasion, it's actually what the tax authorities want, a way to see EVERY transaction.

Pro tip is buy monero before it moons into ETH territory. XMR is a tax evasion tool

As long as there is money in any form and shape present in our lives that long will see those kind of stories. No elections or system shift to another system wont help. It's not the people, the system make us to do bad things. I am no surprised, if I had a chance you would probably find me among those guys now. Hihi.
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:53:31 PM

Yes it's time for Monero to go mainstream, the world needs private untraceable crypto. [sic]

Interesting suggestion, do you specifically mean Monero replacing offshore companies in Panama and elsewhere to facilitate bribery, arms deals, tax evasion and drug trafficking, or just in general as a way to be able to send and receive digital, untraceable transactions i.e. particularly in future societies that might have abolished cash money?

howsoever . . . Monero Huh
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:57:38 PM

As long as there is money in any form and shape present in our lives that long will see those kind of stories. No elections or system shift to another system wont help. It's not the people, the system make us to do bad things. I am no surprised, if I had a chance you would probably find me among those guys now. Hihi.

Well, the system is made by the people…  Wink
LTEX (OP)
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 04:18:37 PM

The majority of the people is sucked up by the system you mean?

dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:53:57 PM

Icelandic politicians have the same problem as Russian and Ukranian politicians, they can't trust their local currency.

The worst part of this story is that the #panamapapers only connects Landsbanki clients in Iceland. Kaupthing and Glitnir, the other two large banks here used a different law firm to hide their clients money.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:58:45 PM

Also big news in the Netherlands there should be big names on the list. Also few Dutch famous people should be on the list of people who hide there money. They will soon publish more info about the panama list with detailed info. For some people this can cost there job or can expect to see a bill they have to pay.
LTEX (OP)
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 05:13:46 PM

It's big news everywhere! I'm Dutch, so I'm following that as well. But Iceland is the only country that is protesting in the streets already, at the verge of overthrowing their government!

LIVE FOOTAGE!:

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: