Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Wallet with offline transaction signing Exist for Android?  (Read 1791 times)
Answerme2 (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:09:53 PM

Hey frendsss
As probably of you mostly know that electrum allows to have two wallets on two different PC one is used as cold storage and other one as online wallet and to spend bitcoin we create transaction on online PC and then sign it with offline PC and broadcast it on Online PC.This is the secure way of storing bitcoins.Eg of such wallet is electrum,armory
I wanna know do such type of wallet exist for Android? if not,i think it would be a great idea to develop such wallet as we can easily communicate between two mobile devices compared to two PC for eg fast QR Codes scanning. So what do you think?
I have read this type of wallet exist which is Bither.Has Anyone experienced this wallet?

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 09:19:57 PM

Hey frendsss
As probably of you mostly know that electrum allows to have two wallets on two different PC one is used as cold storage and other one as online wallet and to spend bitcoin we create transaction on online PC and then sign it with offline PC and broadcast it on Online PC.This is the secure way of storing bitcoins.Eg of such wallet is electrum,armory
I wanna know do such type of wallet exist for Android?

Yes, e.g. Bither -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498382.0
-> https://github.com/bither/bither-android

if not,i think it would be a great idea to develop such wallet as we can easily communicate between two mobile devices compared to two PC for eg fast QR Codes scanning. So what do you think?
I have read this type of wallet exist which is Bither.Has Anyone experienced this wallet?

I had the idea to use an old phone as cold storage for a while, but I never got around to repair it (phone has a broken USB port, so it cant be charged). So I ended up using a laptop instead.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Answerme2 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:51:33 PM

Hey frendsss

if not,i think it would be a great idea to develop such wallet as we can easily communicate between two mobile devices compared to two PC for eg fast QR Codes scanning. So what do you think?

I had the idea to use an old phone as cold storage for a while, but I never got around to repair it (phone has a broken USB port, so it cant be charged). So I ended up using a laptop instead.
I have an old android gingerbread phone working fine.Should i go with bither.Is it reliable (bither) ?.

Answerme2 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:21:15 AM

BUMP

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:11:30 AM

electrum is now ported on android too..  Wink
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 11:13:44 AM

Hey frendsss

I have an old android gingerbread phone working fine.Should i go with bither.Is it reliable (bither) ?.

I never used it long so I dont know how reliable it is. Its been around for a while though.

electrum is now ported on android too..  Wink

Yeah didnt have the time yet to test it, sounds promising though.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:46:28 PM

electrum is now ported on android too..  Wink

Yeah didnt have the time yet to test it, sounds promising though.

it as few little bugs, & it still need some improvements , but as ThomasV work hard on it , and as he had always maintened his software in a GREAT way, i'm sure it should be work fine in few days in all android versions. Wink

i personaly already use it without any issue. Thanx ThomasV   Cheesy keep on your good work !
Answerme2 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:23:08 PM

You people who are saying Electrom is available for android don't know that Electrom on android doesn't have the feature for offline signing transaction and that and that only i am looking for.

bitdumper

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:33:13 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 03:19:54 PM by bitdumper

I personally use coinomi wallet.
Probably that signs on cloud.
But downloading the Brainwallet source from github can do that.
Edit : Brainwallet has been shutdown

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:42:25 PM

My wife use coinomi for android and that work also good but don't think they have the safety of electrum.

By myself I don't own Android Phone but IPhone so far I know Electrum and Coinomi are not available so I could not try it.
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:22:37 AM

My wife use coinomi for android and that work also good but don't think they have the safety of electrum.

By myself I don't own Android Phone but IPhone so far I know Electrum and Coinomi are not available so I could not try it.
you also have ' bitcoin wallet ' and mycelium  on android... both works really well..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: