Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:40:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM ALERT] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 13452 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 05:59:22 PM

People can decide themselves if this is a problem for them or not, how much of red flag that is and how much risk they are willing to take. If you do not feel good with that, then just stay away from this project and do not support it. It is not that hard.

He's right on this. After getting entangled in some kind of brain-tangle upthread, I did exactly that. I'm not in, and I'm not commenting on the project. It's over to them.

tl;dr: Just say "I'm out" and leave them be. I'm sure you'll find something else on this board to divert your attention. Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:55:54 PM

He's right on this. After getting entangled in some kind of brain-tangle upthread, I did exactly that. I'm not in, and I'm not commenting on the project. It's over to them.

tl;dr: Just say "I'm out" and leave them be. I'm sure you'll find something else on this board to divert your attention. Wink

I think that is one of the things that bugs me most about how the coin is being run.

Just saying 'If you don't like it, go somewhere else' comes across as unprofessional. I used to do some games development for a small company, and one of the hosts over there used to do that all the time. It always bugged me... 'if you don't like such and such, go play somewhere else'. And of course, they did ...  to the detriment of the company. It's something I just don't get, as although there are tons of trolls (they should be ignored), it's not that difficult to be more professional about things ... just be upfront rather than tell people to go somewhere else. Don't assume everyone posting something critical, or those asking questions, are a troll or are fudding.

Hope EK takes this as constructive criticism. It's a project I wanted to invest in, but simply couldn't convince myself to... keeping an eye on it though, and may eventually throw a small amount at later.

Lannister

Activity: 140
Merit: 500

I'm blocking all private messages. Use Bitmessage!

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:19:24 PM

I think that is one of the things that bugs me most about how the coin is being run.

Just saying 'If you don't like it, go somewhere else' comes across as unprofessional. I used to do some games development for a small company, and one of the hosts over there used to do that all the time. It always bugged me... 'if you don't like such and such, go play somewhere else'. And of course, they did ...  to the detriment of the company. It's something I just don't get, as although there are tons of trolls (they should be ignored), it's not that difficult to be more professional about things ... just be upfront rather than tell people to go somewhere else. Don't assume everyone posting something critical, or those asking questions, are a troll or are fudding.

Hope EK takes this as constructive criticism. It's a project I wanted to invest in, but simply couldn't convince myself to... keeping an eye on it though, and may eventually throw a small amount at later.

I am sorry to hear that you disagree with our policies and, as a consequence of that, you decided for yourself to not support us. Your main concern, as I recall it to mind, is for the missing escrow. We always have been honest, even in the face of discomfort, and knowing that this may wave some red flags we have decided against using an escrow service. I have never made a secret of this fact, and so I kindly ask you to respect this. I still hope that our project can, at some point in the future, convince you to come back to us.

No, I will not disclose my real name on the Internet. The very simple reason I’m anonymous is so that I can talk freely about a free web. One mistake people often make is having the faulty assumption that knowing my real name or my association with a respected person, group or organization might get them to trust me more. In fact, I have no authority here. Elastic Project is a loosely associated group of developers which constantly changes over time. If you prefer projects with a more centralized structure, then please move on. Specifically, I kindly ask you to refrain from any messages that try to convince me of the contrary. My time is too valuable to be wasted with the same discussion again and again.
-Greed- (OP)

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:29:43 PM

@Lannister
What does the forked Cryptonite have to do with the decentralized supercomputer?
Why did you remove this question from the thread?

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:46:09 PM

I am sorry to hear that you disagree with our policies and, as a consequence of that, you decided for yourself to not support us. Your main concern, as I recall it to mind, is for the missing escrow. We always have been honest, even in the face of discomfort, and knowing that this may wave some red flags we have decided against using an escrow service. I have never made a secret of this fact, and so I kindly ask you to respect this. I still hope that our project can, at some point in the future, convince you to come back to us.

It wasn't just the escrow thing that bothered me (and actually wasn't the point of the post I just made).

It was about a lack of professionalism. You responded just now in a polite and professional manner to me, so good there. Yet many times I have seen other people responded to as if they were automatically trolls... sort of a take it or leave it approach.  Now of course there are tons of trolls here, but every critical comment doesn't mean a person is fudding or in troll mode. Also not fond of the fact that it used to take seemingly forever (and lots of posts) to get a vague, semi-informative response, to very basic questions people were having. It always just struck me as odd.

There are certainly other things that I have issues with (such as who you actually are), lack of a ledger regarding spent funds, lack of a firm development team, etc. But every coin has some issues. That doesn't mean the coin is a scam, but it points to mismanagement. Again, I'll keep an eye on the coin ... right now my alts are bleeding, so it's not like I have tons of spare btc to invest anyway.
Dink

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:15:40 PM

I think Unprofessionl is the perfect word.  Telling people who are wanting to donate to go somewhere else if they dont like it ...Get Real!

The escrow has been an issue frow the orginal thread with lionel, it got carried over to EK and then to Lannister.  I think you have a fiduciary responsibiliry to comply with the request of the community involved.  You claim no one is incharge, yet you take it upon yourself to make  decisions that is against the wishes of the community at large.

The amount of time that is being wasted in this thread is unreal.  After I saw Lannister delete a couple of peoples comments for asking or raising pointed questions, I realized just how childish the thread was turning into.  I am corrected, it was not childish it was unprofessional!   

I told EK when he first took over after Lionel that there should be as much transperancy as possible,  escrow, ledger, lead devrlopers not hiding, basic information that has not been upfront. 

Like i have said before I have coins in this project, but reading thru these comments  I will continue to watch from the sidelines until things change . 

Thank you Poornamelessme for you comments.
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 10:52:37 PM

Why would you escrow non-refundable donations in the first place?
Despite that, i personally believe that escrow is counterproducive for this kind of project. How can the project fund its development if the escrow releases the funds AFTER the development. I remember we have had many discussions about that already and I think that we just follow two entirely different ideologies.

You are missing the point if you think everyone's concerns just have to do with the lack of escrow. Plenty of ICOs don't use escrow. I've even invested in some (although it's been a while).

However, I will again make the suggestion to provide a public ledger as to how the funds are used, and ask investors their opinions on future use. Last time I brought up the ledger thing, Lannister shot it down immediately.
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:37:24 PM

I remember back then we had the idea to write something that allows for a decentralized democratic, decision making process based on the amount of XEL each of the voters holds. A democratic decision on how to use the funds would be very pleasant (i have expressed that a few months ago) but I think that, unless someone volunteers to setup such platform, this would come at a way too high overhead. At least for myself as I am at the moment totally focussing on implementing the coin itself. I cannot speak for Lannister, but I cannot think of any reason why he shouldn't be fine with that.

Well, I was thinking of something even simpler.

A public ledger -- how past funds were used, and where future funds are allocated -- for starters. That is very doable.

As for votes, you could either set it up via the website, or even just do simple polling here. It won't be scientific of course, nor would votes be relative to how much each person invested, but it'd at least be something. The ICO money is meant to be used to develop the coin, so I see no harm in at least asking folks once in a while what they'd like to see ... a simple A, B, or C option would suffice.

Again, not perfect, but doable.
-Greed- (OP)

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:19:01 AM

EK removed all his messages from this thread but they are still available in cache. Also, he is running a bot that removes posts from all 'unwanted' (mirror) users. Someone still thinks it's not a scam?

poornamelessme

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:19:21 PM

EK removed all his messages from this thread but they are still available in cache. Also, he is running a bot that removes posts from all 'unwanted' (mirror) users. Someone still thinks it's not a scam?

I wondered what happened to the post I quoted yesterday. Not necessarily a scam, but somewhat bizarre. Not a fan of the trollish 'scam accusation' method of being critical of coins here, unless it's 100% definitely a scam ... ie Brooklyn Bridge Coin, own a piece of history ... that sort of thing.

The bot appears to just be mostly to remove your posts, as they were becoming spammy over there (at least to the best of my knowledge).

Curious if any investors over there will repeat the request for a ledger and at least some basic polling. It's a simple request, which I think even EK said was reasonable. I see no reason why they wouldn't at least provide something like that.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:21:54 PM

Your claims have been proven to be utterly false, but you keep repeating them nonetheless in a spamming manner.
What I see here is you who is trying to delegitimate a fair project (or at least far to be proven for being a scam) for unknown reasons.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
-Greed- (OP)

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 10:31:36 PM

Unmoderated Thread for Elastic Project: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1437909.0
Come and discuss the project with no censorship.

axlroses

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:06:32 PM

lol in original thread my post has been daleted.
axlroses

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:22:02 PM

Unmoderated Thread for Elastic Project: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1437909.0
Come and discuss the project with no censorship.

i love you man  Grin
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 04:47:56 PM

Just figured I would bump this thread about the OBVIOUS SCAM - ELASTIC! DO NOT SEND COIN!

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 10:24:59 PM

Nobody is listening to you, go seek your attention elsewhere you loser!
-Greed- (OP)

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 06:57:06 AM

Nobody is listening to you, go seek your attention elsewhere you loser!
Thanks for bumping the thread! Cheesy

-Greed- (OP)

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:52:53 PM

And... again! BUMP.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:39:41 PM

If the devs aren't proud enough of 1000s of hours of work, and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to put their name on it, it probably isn't what it seems/worth it.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:07:23 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 07:17:44 PM by Evil-Knievel

If the devs aren't proud enough of 1000s of hours of work, and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to put their name on it, it probably isn't what it seems/worth it.

1000s of hours have been put in, and all the devs receive is contempt? You are a hero, really  Roll Eyes In fact, you must be the hero of the heros.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: