Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM ALERT] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 13452 times)
poloniexwhale

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 04:32:17 AM

Haven't they released a working coin? Or something? I haven't kept track over there, but assumed they released something.

Now if it does anything it was supposed to do as outlined by the initial project terms ... no idea.

The testnet is released, and it does exactly what was outlined by the initial project terms.
Greed will pay for his trolling campaign, I am pretty sure about that Wink This poor little man will be made even poorer, just for the fun of it!

How do you think golem? OP said you copied the idea from golem, is it true?

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 07:25:46 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2016, 08:34:12 AM by Evil-Knievel

Firstly, the OP says that the project is a scam because it does not exist and is vaporvare even though he has been shown the opposite multiple times. Now, that the testnet has launched, he claims that the project is a scam because the idea is stolen from golemproject.

Come on, nobody stole any idea. Of course many voices demanded decentralized computation resources distribution back then (Elastic dates back to Feb 2016 I think) ... and Elastic came and did it first! From all the ideas that emerged during the last year, in my opinion Elastic reached the most advanced stage.

The OP becomes more and more of a joke  Smiley  
-Greed- (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:40:36 AM

Firstly, the OP says that the project is a scam because it does not exist and is vaporvare even though he has been shown the opposite multiple times. Now, that the testnet has launched, he claims that the project is a scam because the idea is stolen from golemproject.

Come on, nobody stole any idea. Of course many voices demanded decentralized computation resources distribution back then (Elastic dates back to Feb 2016 I think) ... and Elastic came and did it first! From all the ideas that emerged during the last year, in my opinion Elastic reached the most advanced stage.

The OP becomes more and more of a joke  Smiley  
Golem's been here since 2015: https://twitter.com/golemproject (see reg. date) and even earlier.
You can also contact anyone from the team and ask anything about the project.

All what you released was a NXT fork. And you are caught lying again.

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 08:48:53 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2016, 09:01:35 AM by Evil-Knievel

Lying? In the Elastic thread we discussed to use a highly stripped version of the NXT client as the basis for several months now. Nobody was ever lying about that.
But we took only the networking and blockchain implementation part of NXT. Many things were added like Elastic's own programming language, a work manager, and all necessary transaction types that allow managing the distribution of work.
The UI has been redesigned and extended so people can upload their work (which they have programmed in Elastic PL) and monitor their completion status. Of course we also have a miner which downloads other user's works and works on them while constantly generating some XEL income. A Block explorer and a better website are currently on their way and are created by other members of the community.

Also, I have taken a look at Golem and they do something entirely different. They try to support Blender renderings and stuff like that. I personally doubt that would work. Also just because they have promoted some idea in 2015 doesn't mean that Elastic is not allowed to just DO IT! Maybe you are not allowed to do what you want, we ARE! And nobody has ever created a working distributed CPU resource allocation market before. We did it, if you like it or not.

After all, this is not simply a fork of NXT like you always try to say! But what am I explaining everything to you. You have been told that like 1000 times by numerous people! I bet you have no clue about all this anyway. I doubt that you would be even capable of setting up your own node and trying out Elastics features yourself. This leaves only one conclusion: you are simply a little troll with no competence, experience or knowledge in crypto whatsoever.  Roll Eyes

It's kind of sad because I think that it would be possible to have some really long and constructive arguments with you. At least you are active in other project's threads and also seem to be interested in the individual features other projects bring to the table. But somehow you chose to do nothing else than troll Elastic. I have no idea, maybe it's because you got too much attention from us!
notnormals

Activity: 362
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 09:01:45 AM

How is it going, holders? Cheesy

EK you are trying badly. You are still gonna have to do your time for the scam.

EDIT: Btw, the name and the idea were taken from the Golem Project which is a real start-up with a real team.

Going well thanks, unlike your scam accusations. I really think you should change your username from -Greed- to -Twat- that is a more descriptively accurate one.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:15:27 PM

Haven't they released a working coin? Or something? I haven't kept track over there, but assumed they released something.

Now if it does anything it was supposed to do as outlined by the initial project terms ... no idea.

The testnet is released, and it does exactly what was outlined by the initial project terms.
Greed will pay for his trolling campaign, I am pretty sure about that Wink This poor little man will be made even poorer, just for the fun of it!

Well, easiest way to shut trollers up is to just do your work, get the thing released and on exchanges, and all will be good. I assume the ICO is over or winding down, so it's sort of meaningless anyway what anyone says here.

I'll keep an eye on it if/when it hits exchanges. Been busy and haven't been following crypto that closely lately.
-Greed- (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:51:24 PM

Things don't look up.. How is it going, holders? Are you on Bahamas yet?

Lol, these assholes starting to understand: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.msg17544957#msg17544957

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

yes.
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:48:17 AM

Can't we all just get along? Greed has (had) a point, but the way he's treating EK is uncalled for!

It's both a scam (because of Lanister) and a legitimate project (because of EK).

Elastic scam status is in a quantum superposition. Smiley
mantas779

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:53:37 PM

cant reach http://www.elastic-project.com/

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.elastic-project.com/

Elastic-project.com is DOWN
It is not just you. The server is not responding.

RAW WHOIS DATA
Domain Name: elastic-project.com
Registry Domain ID: 2064047937_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: https://www.namesilo.com/
Updated Date: 2017-05-17

aaah  updating, we gonna get some new website ?
BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:58:16 AM

cant reach http://www.elastic-project.com/

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.elastic-project.com/

Elastic-project.com is DOWN
It is not just you. The server is not responding.

RAW WHOIS DATA
Domain Name: elastic-project.com
Registry Domain ID: 2064047937_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: https://www.namesilo.com/
Updated Date: 2017-05-17

aaah  updating, we gonna get some new website ?
http://www.elastic.pw
LamboMoonYacht

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:52:39 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2017, 03:09:20 PM by LamboMoonYacht

Also, I have taken a look at Golem and they do something entirely different. They try to support Blender renderings and stuff like that. I personally doubt that would work.

Golem doesn't do something completely different, it aims to do everything. Your main criticism of Golem is that it relies on a reputation system, but the reputation system is the only thing that will allow custom work to be completed and verified.

https://blog.golemproject.net/the-challenges-ahead-933f040cba95

But the truth is that verification in Golem is use-case dependent. It has to be done that way, because only thanks to that Golem can do... everything. That cannot be said about Elastic, regardless how great verification is.

https://redd.it/5iuvdv

The fact that you keep dismissing Golem as "LOL Blender!!!" is just sad.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 07:10:35 PM

Agreed this is one of the clearest examples of a scam I've seen in recent times. Well done for trying to warn people about it. It started with a newbie account whose real-life name was supposedly "Lionel Keys" posting as ElasticCoin. Immediately a few of us pressed for some kind of info to verify his identity (given it was an ICO without escrow), which he said would be coming soon. In the mean time I began finding Evil-Knievel's behaviour in the thread extremely suspicious. He wasn't (publicly) in charge of the probject at this point but from the start was shilling hard (talking about how much he'd invested) and answering the bulk of the questions that were intended for the dev. It was obvious to me he was involved with the project whilst pretending not to be.

Every post from the ElasticCoin account was subsequently deleted from that thread (presumably when they realized they'd messed up and that there was no way to hide how shady the whole thing was), Lionel Keys disappeared (abandoning a project he'd supposedly spent months working on and preparing) and Evil-Knievel suddenly emerged as project lead.

I haven't enough time to dig through it, but here's the original thread. Evil-Knievel has also deleted every single post he made in that thread, though enough of his and ElasticCoin's original posts have been preserved in quotes in replies to show you what's going on here.

Deleted original ANN:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362006.0

Quote from: Evil-Knievel on February 19, 2016, 09:46:04 AM
-snip-

I am currently invested in this coin with a total of 6.8799 BTC.

A very clear scam.

Mmhmm

https://www.elastic.pw/blog/2017-04-15-status-of-lannister-and-ico/

"Lannister is gone. ICO funds are gone."

Orchestrated from the start.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 08:06:28 PM

And what exactly are you trying to tell us now?
LamboMoonYacht

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:10:17 PM

Just reminding people about the XEL scam so they don't get scammed again.

http://archive.is/zoyYa

Status of Lannister and the ICO funds

April 15, 2017 by Unvoid

Lannister is gone. ICO funds are gone. We don’t know why. We don’t know if we ever see him again. It’s not like “he took all the funds and run away” because before disappearing he rewarded some of community members with some BTC for their work. He mentioned that he have some health problems also. That’s all we know now.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:43:26 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 12:50:55 AM by drays

@OrsonJ: I understand your will to demonstrate your amazing foresight, but unfortunately your quoted post pretty much missed the mark, and there was no point in quoting it. If you care to invest your time in reading more about Elastic story, you will see why.

As for this:

April 15, 2017 by Unvoid

Lannister is gone. ICO funds are gone. We don’t know why. We don’t know if we ever see him again. It’s not like “he took all the funds and run away” because before disappearing he rewarded some of community members with some BTC for their work. He mentioned that he have some health problems also. That’s all we know now.

You cannot be THAT stupid... I don't believe it. It is safe to assume you're just butthurt troll-manipulator.

But anyway - for everybody who read the bullshit quoted above:

Lannister was just a fund and community manager. He did not develop the code. And yes - he disappeared. But - here we come to the MAIN point, which makes this brilliant project stand alone of everything else - read this carefully: the project continued to develop and is evolving rapidly, thanks to the big and enthusiastic community and a team of volunteer developers! This is THE REAL CRYPTO COMMUNITY PROJECT, not just a ICO money grab, with paid developers working until they have the ICO money to spend.

Don't compare this to Golem or all other Ethereum-based ultra-hyped ICO - though they also have their merits, but they are driven by money only - they have just paid devs, hired by investors. Unlike this one.

So stop the bullshit, pretty please.

... this space is not for rent ...
LamboMoonYacht

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:41:36 AM

@OrsonJ: I understand your will to demonstrate your amazing foresight, but unfortunately your quoted post pretty much missed the mark, and there was no point in quoting it. If you care to invest your time in reading more about Elastic story, you will see why.

As for this:

April 15, 2017 by Unvoid

You cannot be THAT stupid... I don't believe it. It is safe to assume you're just butthurt troll-manipulator.

But anyway - for everybody who read the bullshit quoted above:

Lannister was just a fund and community manager. He did not develop the code. And yes - he disappeared. But - here we come to the MAIN point, which makes this brilliant project stand alone of everything else - read this carefully: the project continued to develop and is evolving rapidly, thanks to the big and enthusiastic community and a team of volunteer developers! This is THE REAL CRYPTO COMMUNITY PROJECT, not just a centralized ICO money grab, with paid developers working until they have the ICO money to spend.

Don't compare this to Golem or all other Ethereum-based ultra-hyped ICO - though they also have their merits, but they are driven by money only - they have just paid devs, hired by investors. Unlike this one.

So stop the bullshit, pretty please.

I point out a simple fact, you call me stupid. Funny how that works.

A little insecure, aren't you?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:11:31 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 02:07:17 AM by drays

I point out a simple fact, you call me stupid. Funny how that works.

A little insecure, aren't you?

Ok, you are somewhat right, in fact I was refering to all your posts spread out in every single thread devoted to Elastic. The one I quoted here, is probably not enough to get the full picture of your attacks on Elastic.
In any case, it does't change anything I wrote above - the main point of my post is quite clear.

If you believe you are not stupid (as I told, I don't believe you are), and you don't have hidden agenda, then just stop wasting your time. I noticed Elastic community didn't welcome you from the beginning, but that is not enough reason to start your personal vendetta. Just use your time for something constructive. Life is pretty short to spend it battling in forums. You know there are no traces of scam here in Elastic in its current state, so don't turn into a butthurt troll, just relax and move on.

I hope we understood each other. I wont be bumping this outdated thread again.

... this space is not for rent ...
PANCrypto

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:35:11 AM

Funny how karma works. I came here through viewing the lasts post by E-K and jumped out off the sinking scam. This project is doomed to fail.
LamboMoonYacht

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:56:07 PM

Funny how karma works. I came here through viewing the lasts post by E-K and jumped out off the sinking scam. This project is doomed to fail.

Yup, EK's piss-poor attitude is what initially caused me to start digging into XEL's background. That's how I learned about these threads and their scammy history.

If EK hadn't been such a dick when I asked a simple question, I probably would've bought some XEL in the OTC thread.

Really glad I didn't. XEL has been one of the biggest losers in this recent dip and I honestly think they have no hope of releasing a worthwhile product, at least not with an insecure manchild like EK at the helm. They're also up against Golem, which is superior in every way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: