Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Court Freezes Bitcoin Exchange's Assets, Appoints Receiver  (Read 434 times)
vitocorp (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:50:30 PM

A federal court has appointed a receiver for Cryptsy, the cryptocurrency exchange that claims to have lost $5 million in funds to theft. In response to the lawsuit by Cryptsy clients seeking to recover their funds, the U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida appointed James D. Sallah, Esq. as the receiver and given him control of Cryptsy’s assets.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptsy-update-court-freezes-bitcoin-exchanges-assets-appoints-receiver/
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:20:25 PM

A federal court has appointed a receiver for Cryptsy, the cryptocurrency exchange that claims to have lost $5 million in funds to theft. In response to the lawsuit by Cryptsy clients seeking to recover their funds, the U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida appointed James D. Sallah, Esq. as the receiver and given him control of Cryptsy’s assets.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptsy-update-court-freezes-bitcoin-exchanges-assets-appoints-receiver/

I doubt we will see any of our funds. Fortunately I only had some AUR and SYS on that exchange. Unfortunately they both went up 400% and 2000% respectively since the closure. So what i thought was only a .5 BTC loss is now about 12 BTC in unrealized gains. Fuck you Vern.  Cheesy

My own damn fault for using them even after saying myself that this would happen.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:39:04 PM

Don't know how long all this process will go till actual victims of cryptsy will get their returns. But i doubt it will ever happen. QUite a bitter and sad truth. Sad

I also doubt actually there fund being stolen by hacker. Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: