Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar Opened , your first impressions ?  (Read 16999 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:37:58 PM

"No response was received from the server. It may be unreachable or taking a very long time to respond."

It's failing to start once again. You know, this is annoying. I understand I'm not at home, and that my connection isn't great, but I've just accessed Poloniex via Tor, so OB should work as well...

OB does not work over Tor.

Huh I know that. My point is that Tor, which is well known to be slow, works better than OB. And that is disappointing. I guess something can be done. You can help BTC by running a node on your home computer. Is there something similar which can help OB become successful?

The software's again failing to launch.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:43:26 PM

"No response was received from the server. It may be unreachable or taking a very long time to respond."

It's failing to start once again. You know, this is annoying. I understand I'm not at home, and that my connection isn't great, but I've just accessed Poloniex via Tor, so OB should work as well...

OB does not work over Tor.

Huh I know that. My point is that Tor, which is well known to be slow, works better than OB. And that is disappointing. I guess something can be done. You can help BTC by running a node on your home computer. Is there something similar which can help OB become successful?

The software's again failing to launch.

Sorry, dude - I was trying to be helpful.  I read the bolded bit above and it sounded like you were trying to run OB through Tor.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:50:39 PM

Finally!
I am downloading and installing it right now, I will try, test and see how it works. Hope this is going to turn out good pretty soon.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:55:55 PM

Latest version for Windows 8.1 x64 won't install
 Roll Eyes
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:05:13 PM

Latest version for Windows 8.1 x64 won't install
 Roll Eyes

any error message or did it just stand there with something like "shouldn't take more than 30 seconds"?
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:55:32 PM

Anyone actually bought anything there ?
I can't find anything worth buying to be honest. Unless they start delivering some really awesome discounts, I would rather just hoard my Bitcoin. They need to give a discount like purse.io otherwise who cares.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:28:27 AM

I have order several item until now. I am interest in hand made products or food products like honey, wine etc. The last item i have buy was a great hat for kids a gift for my nephew from USA Smiley. General the prices are good but i like to see more shops in the future.
I think open bazaar has a great start and i see many shops add every day.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:41:43 AM

i couldnt get the v1.1.2 64 bit to run.

32 bit works 'fine'

could use some instructions though!!

located the 'tutorial' perusing it now.

https://blog.openbazaar.org/tag/tutorial/

or

https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-user-tutorial/
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 02:56:23 AM

I don't really care for it... played with it for a day or two.

I might try to sell a few things just to test the waters.

Feel free to follow me there.

https://bazaarbay.org/734cab9c2f75dea7ca747da9dabf0773d99e34e0

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
pinkslink

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:14:32 AM

I have order several item until now. I am interest in hand made products or food products like honey, wine etc. The last item i have buy was a great hat for kids a gift for my nephew from USA Smiley. General the prices are good but i like to see more shops in the future.
I think open bazaar has a great start and i see many shops add every day.
Totally agree, this is why i think OB will not affect ebay or amazon too much
but it will affect sites like Etsy
as OB makes it cost effective for small buisness or people working from home to advertise their products

people who just want cheap cheap, will always look to ebay or amazon for the after care as they cannot afford for something to go wrong after
(i have always said, when selling on ebay for years, ebay buyers usually cannot afford to buy the item they want, thats why they use ebay, looking for a cheaper price)

a lot of sellers of handmade goods i can see using OB, Etsy has a huge member base, but it bans sellers for no reason what so ever, and refuses to re-open accounts once banned, you read many nightmare stories about Etsy, where people have started off as a hobby, then they got good sales on etsy, so to keep up with demand they quit work and focus on Etsy, only for Etsy to ban account a few months down the line without reason leaving them without a paddle. OB elimates such cases so i feel many independant artisans will soon be on OB.

Right now OB needs better seach/filters, but its early days so everything will be done later once they have content to sort.

i do hate the unessicery hashtags though in search and tags, just why..................
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:43:02 AM

I see great potential there.  Searching sucks, but it will eventually be improved.  At the very least, it needs a dropdown list of search categories.  Created a store, and started listing items.  I am in on the ground floor.  How often does that happen in life?  The magic will start when people start listing really strange things.  That will result in free press coverage.  Then it goes viral.  Bitcoin will fly.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 06:45:58 AM

I see great potential there.  Searching sucks, but it will eventually be improved.  Created a store, and started listing items.  I am in on the ground floor.  How often does that happen in life?  The magic will start when people start listing really strange things.  That will result in free press coverage.  Then it goes viral.  Bitcoin will fly.

The same experiance for me. The potential is there but at the moment im still getting various bugs such as not finding anything on my network, my shop not showing up and not connecting. i have had it working but for now its as if its not even connecting to the internet since i cant search any vendors or anything.

TippingPoint
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:51:41 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 07:05:54 AM by TippingPoint

I had the same issue, but I can now see my listings and other peoples' listings.  I turned off filtering, and exited and restarted.  Not sure what got it to work.  Since there is no server, it may just take time.

This is very early in the process, but the time to open a store is now.

OpenBazaar
A Free Market for all.  No Fees. No Restrictions.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:01:32 AM

People are selling some weird things on OpenBazaar I just saw one guy offering the users to buy shares in his goat farm haha. I saw a lot of artisans selling hand-made items as well maybe OpenBazaar will become the Etsy for Bitcoiners. Other than that most of the stuff is second-hand so I couldn't find anything worth to buy at the moment but I will be checking it for more stuff in the future.
bitcoin-esperanto

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:06:19 AM

I think that a better promo of this app could embrace more user in the project...don't you?
TippingPoint
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:14:06 AM

The listings will be the promo.  There are no restrictions, and there are no fees.  Any business can list there.  Any person can list there.  Sell for millions or for nickles.  Right now, there are cigarettes and replica watches.  What will be next?
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:40:09 AM

OpenBazaar ‏@openbazaar 10h10 hours ago

Next update that fixes connection issues and resource exhaustion coming soon.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:33:49 PM

I cannot connect Sad Sad Sad.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:42:14 PM

I tried to connect just now too. But without any success. Is the service down or is it just on a per user to user basis for these connection issues? I understand it is a new service but still it should be accessible for all to use for the first week or so before they do any maintenance for the up tick for the increase in traffic to their site. That is expected if it is such a success with it's current user base.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:14:28 PM

I cannot connect Sad Sad Sad.

are you behind a firewall or something else that is blocking the access?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: