Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenBazaar Opened , your first impressions ?  (Read 16999 times)
road to morocco

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:31:16 PM

where the starbucks gift card stores? someone open one up asap.

Sadly it's dumber than selling those on Craigslist: You'd be running a server, 24/7, on your own IP Sad
whored

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:38:51 PM

It works, it is free, and there is no server that can be shut down.

Number of times I worried that someone will shut down Craigslist servers: 0

Number of people engaging in successful agorism on Craigslist: 0

Number of people engaging in successful agorism anything on OpenBazaar: 0
What's your point?

Number of weeks OpenBazaar has been launched: 0

What's yours?

Number of weeks [since] Princess Celestia's Bit Coin Bazaar has been launched: 0

Ponies not engaging in successful agorism on Princess Celestia's Bit Coin Bazaar; Equestria on the verge of becoming a Libertarian paradise tho Smiley
P.S. They really do use BitCoins in Equestria, shit you not!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0q2u3wOCvH2QTc8vfHRYcVFcGFiHWI0rW50D2Ai492RFzzJ-h
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:42:43 PM

That was your point? Ok

Vires in numeris
whored

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:58:22 PM

That was your point? Ok

Sorry, clearly overestimated you. But, alas, while a word to the wise is sufficient, you need things spelled out. So here you go, Tiger:
My point is rather obvious: Since no one engaged "in successful agorism anything on OpenBazaar," your post ("Number of people engaging in successful agorism on Craigslist: 0,") was either a non-sequitur or simply stupid.

If you need further tutoring, please see me after school -- you're holding back the rest of the class.
luckyknc

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 08:26:47 AM

Openbazaar's open source delelopment looks like a joke, so bad the people at /r/buttcoin are making fun of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/4f18b5/openbizarre_developer_gets_very_sad_locks_grammar/
For a new project you should not blame them for not being mature on all fronts. Maybe an open source developer wants to improve on this Wink

'Somebody should fork OpenBazaar to create OpenBazaar Classic so the initial euphoria can be sustained.'
LOL
OpenBazaar is a great initiative and project for buying with bitcoin.
Since its a new project we can expect some delays or misconfgurations but that is not to be discouraged them but we can expect full swing overall improvement very soon.
I'm a bit doubtful about the competence of the developers though. I get that it's just the start, but even after coming out of beta, several updates did nothing but worsen problems introduced in previous ones. And they failed at implementing basic checks for stores such as stock updates. Not only that, but they don't seem to be welcoming comunity contributions in their open source development. I hope that if this isn't resolved someone else would be courageous enough to take over with a fork.

Actually there is one fork i don't know what exactly or who but here is the link https://github.com/zerobazaar/OpenBazaar-Server/

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 11:13:50 AM

That was your point? Ok

Sorry, clearly overestimated you. But, alas, while a word to the wise is sufficient, you need things spelled out. So here you go, Tiger:
My point is rather obvious: Since no one engaged "in successful agorism anything on OpenBazaar," your post ("Number of people engaging in successful agorism on Craigslist: 0,") was either a non-sequitur or simply stupid.

If you need further tutoring, please see me after school -- you're holding back the rest of the class.

Right, uh, get well soon? Huh

Vires in numeris
Cocobrico

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:37:11 PM

I am using OpenBazaar till day 0 and I also do sell some products Smiley

Have a look at my Shop 6e5c06fd11c38ae178543309f6f2e55dd5885b75
I would also be very thankful if you would follow me Smiley
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 01:53:14 PM

What's your point?

It is nice to have a shop and that is also nice for Bitcoin itself so you can make Bitcoin more acceptable and that is quite nice.
The only thing is that you must make it more popular and that is also important otherwise people will not know it.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:38:49 PM

Hehe, NEW project but it's full of errors. It does not matter that it's new. It's a crap. Also, it costs 1 mil USD according to their website Smiley

1 million and they come with this shit?!?!?!? pffff. Something is wrong with these people and of course with the stupids investors.  Grin

You can hire IBM or any other giant software company with these money and they can create the software you may need not a crap which can be easily call  ; Open shit ERRORs bazaar

http://uk.businessinsider.com/openbazaar-gets-1-million-seed-round-from-andreessen-horowitz-union-square-ventures-2015-6

To their credit, I believe they hav released the FIRST EVER decentralized P2P marketplace app (other than Taaki's proof of concept). I agree that it's sloppy, and I hate the choice of python/nodeJS etc for this type of app.

Nonetheless, it mostly works, and it's a huge step forward in software concept and design.

I agree that to their credit they are the first to release something like this and naturally it will not be perfect.  The stores will fill up and kinks will be worked out if there is a serious demand for this kind of service, which I think there is.  I did my taxes and paid way too much to the Bay simply to sell.  10%, then paypal's fee, then cost of item, rediculous.   I am rooting for this all the way!

I love Bitcoin
whored

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:50:51 PM

That was your point? Ok

Right, uh, get well soon? Huh

Another non-sequitur. Diagnosis: ineducable.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

SkyFall

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:56:59 PM

What's your point?

It is nice to have a shop and that is also nice for Bitcoin itself so you can make Bitcoin more acceptable and that is quite nice.
The only thing is that you must make it more popular and that is also important otherwise people will not know it.

You are right about that it only need to get a lot more popular so even people that do not use the bitcoin are knowing it, this will also help the bitcoin for sure.
I really like the openbazaar although I must say there is still not a lot for sale these days, I hope this will change soon.
whored

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:58:38 PM

That's nice. Safe to say that no one outside of the Bitcoin community (those already using BTC) will use OpenBazaar.
Why would anyone go through the hassle of buying BTC & installing an unknown app? To shop on an online marketplace with poor selection? that you can't meaningfully search? Perhaps lack of buyer protection is gonna draw them in?

Everyone keeps bringing up eBay's high fees. Have you gentlemen ever heard of Craigslist? No fees to buy or sell, use any payment method you wish, even BTC.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:06:08 PM

Quote from: attentionWhored

Yeah, I'm not really sure why it is you keep bringing up garden shears (even more bizarrely, "non-gardening shears"Huh). Educate me about these garden scissors you keep mentioning, and what it has to do with the topic at hand

I did my taxes

This is why we can't have nice things Cheesy.

Vires in numeris
whored

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:19:23 PM

Quote from: attentionWhored

Yeah, I'm not really sure why it is you keep bringing up garden shears (even more bizarrely, "non-gardening shears"Huh). Educate me about these garden scissors you keep mentioning, and what it has to do with the topic at hand
Number of times I have brought up "garden shears" (prior to this post): 0

I suggest you start spending substantially less coin on drugs. Or substantially more. What you're doing now is clearly not working for you.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:31:00 PM

Well, you've said 'non-sequitteurs' about 3 times, not 0, so perhaps it's you that needs to put the pipe down? Why are we interested in scissors, that aren't scissors? If not scissors, er, uh, what are they? Exactly? Why do you, or anyone else, care?

Vires in numeris
whored

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:46:07 PM

Well, you've said 'non-sequitteurs' about 3 times, not 0, so perhaps it's you that needs to put the pipe down? Why are we interested in scissors, that aren't scissors? If not scissors, er, uh, what are they? Exactly? Why do you, or anyone else, care?

If acting like a dimwitted assburger is your internet persona, and you never break character, I admire your dedication. Kudos!
Otherwise, dial 911 immediately & remain on the line until help arrives.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:50:48 PM

hmmmmm, weirdo. Crashing on.....

Vires in numeris
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:18:00 AM

OpenBazaar Opened , your first impressions ?
I see it has potential. And I can sell/buy my stuff on it, for less.

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
whored

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:47:45 PM

OB is the best place to buy bitcoin art & jewelry made by stoners out of scraps of household wiring. Bar none.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:49:03 PM

It hasn't really grew on me yet to be honest.   Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: