Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 11:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: for altcoin, how do I recover from paper wallet?  (Read 521 times)
myaltcoin (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 09:29:14 PM

I know I can recover from wallet.dat, but how can I recover from paper wallet, for my altcoin. or any way to save the wallet easily?
Hazelnutter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 10:46:42 PM

I know I can recover from wallet.dat, but how can I recover from paper wallet, for my altcoin. or any way to save the wallet easily?

You should scan and save the qr but if you didn't do that then you're SOL.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱
myaltcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:07:51 PM

i mean even i saved public and private key, how do i recover the wallet? Any way to import the key, for ShareCoin
Hazelnutter

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 11:11:12 PM

i mean even i saved public and private key, how do i recover the wallet? Any way to import the key, for ShareCoin

It should be the same as it is for Bitcoin: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10974/import-wallet-dat-into-a-new-bitcoin-qt-client, except go to the ShareCoin folder.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
myaltcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:52:58 PM

thanks
If I lost the wallet.dat backup file, only I have private key and public key with me on a paper, how can I recover the wallet?
d-trix

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:05:57 AM

thanks
If I lost the wallet.dat backup file, only I have private key and public key with me on a paper, how can I recover the wallet?

You should import those private key into Qt wallet in the console tab using this command.

importprivkey (your private key) then press enter.
myaltcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:38:39 AM

thanks
so I do not need to save the wallet.dat, just write down the private key, and i can recover any time
Hazelnutter

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 01:53:37 AM

thanks
so I do not need to save the wallet.dat, just write down the private key, and i can recover any time

It wouldn't hurt to also save the wallet.dat on a flash drive in case you lose the private key.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: