Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:45:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Import wallet.dat  (Read 1828 times)
ElMoIsEviL (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:31:35 AM

Sorry i open a new topic only for this can anyone tell me if i can still import the wallet.dat from bitcoin core to blockchain.info i can not see the future anymore i need to format my pc but i am worried that i can not restore it to bitcoin core later i like to have the coins on blockchain while i do this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 10:33:43 AM

Sorry i open a new topic only for this can anyone tell me if i can still import the wallet.dat from bitcoin core to blockchain.info i can not see the future anymore i need to format my pc but i am worried that i can not restore it to bitcoin core later i like to have the coins on blockchain while i do this

This is rather confusing.
Wallet.dat = the file containing the private keys in a format usable by bitcoin core. If you backup this file, you can easily re-install your pc without losing your coins (you need a VERY recent backup, since bitcoin core generates new addresses all the time).

Blockchain.info = company that lets you generate online wallets.

You can export all used private keys from bitcoin core and import them onto blockchain.info, but i wouldn't recommand it. The other way around: you can export your keys from your blockchain.info wallet and import them into core (not really recommanded either)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 10:36:45 AM

No you can no longer directly upload the file, enter the password and have all keys imported. You can however do the process (exporting and importing) yourself. At least with bc.i wallet v1, I dont know about v2.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 10:38:00 AM

No you can no longer directly upload the file, enter the password and have all keys imported. You can however do the process (exporting and importing) yourself. At least with bc.i wallet v1, I dont know about v2.

I stand corrected, i had no idear this was possible.. sorry for the confusion  Embarrassed

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 10:40:40 AM

I stand corrected, i had no idear this was possible.. sorry for the confusion  Embarrassed

IMHO bc.i is somewhat to blame for the confusion. The page[1] is still online, but is throwing generic errors.

[1] https://blockchain.info/wallet/import-wallet

ElMoIsEviL (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:03:31 AM

I have now the wallet.dat file from the backup button using bitcoin core i can not upload this on any online wallet?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 11:05:03 AM

I have now the wallet.dat file from the backup button using bitcoin core i can not upload this on any online wallet?

I dont think there is an online wallet that offers this. You can export the keys though and import them into any wallet that allows you to import WIF[1] keys

[1] wallet import format

ElMoIsEviL (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:48:02 AM

Thank you i will doing this now to be safe and not lose my bitcoins i hope it will work but i will double check it to be on the safe side

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 11:56:14 AM

Thank you i will doing this now to be safe and not lose my bitcoins i hope it will work but i will double check it to be on the safe side

If you have questions feel free to ask, there are many here that can help you.

ElMoIsEviL (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 12:01:52 PM

I saw this opened the topic and 1 minute later i got the help i need this forum is crazy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: