Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics card doubt  (Read 847 times)
jpucela14 (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:53:09 PM

Hi miners!
I want to buy mining hardware (Graphic cards) to mine x11 algo. I have mined all my life with ASICS so I'm a little lost with this.

Which cards would you recommend me? It's better to get a bigger amount of cheaper cards or getting les cards but more expensive?

My maximum price to buy the hardware is 1BTC

I already have a motherboard but, can you recommend me some places to buy the cars and the structure where you put them?

Thank you so much!

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zitdadast

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:35:16 PM

You can buy AMD R9 390, the price is about $350, so it is below 1 bitcoin. It has 8 GB memory so good for future mining.
Attilaloe

Activity: 326

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:25:24 PM

The two most important thing in gpu mining is:

1: Viedo card
2: Power supply

I think AMD HD 7950, R9 280, 290, R9 380, 390 will be good choice for you.

Recommend to buy 80+ bronze, gold or platinum psu to mine more efficiently.

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

▄█▄
               █████████
            ███    █    ███
        ████       █       ████
     ███           █           ███
 ████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
   ███             █             ███
      ████         █         ████
          ███      █      ████
             ████  █   ███
                ███████
                  ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:49:11 PM

Which cards would you recommend me? It's better to get a bigger amount of cheaper cards or getting les cards but more expensive?
I would suggest against buying at all (be sure to run your numbers first, ROI can get in the years super easily).
Most users around here mine upper midrange. As a side note, NV cards have regularly improved kernels and I'm not sure what's the current situation with AMD. In general big card is better than small, just avoid top models.
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:22:06 PM

Ok, thank you for your help... I'll whink about it

Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:28:03 PM

I would suggest against buying at all (be sure to run your numbers first, ROI can get in the years super easily).
Most users around here mine upper midrange. As a side note, NV cards have regularly improved kernels and I'm not sure what's the current situation with AMD. In general big card is better than small, just avoid top models.

I always buy the second tier cards. I bought 7950 instead of 7970. I also buy R9 390 instead of Fury.

jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:07:49 PM

I always buy the second tier cards. I bought 7950 instead of 7970. I also buy R9 390 instead of Fury.
Thanks for the advice and, a realiable and cheap place to buy?

Narosya

Activity: 428

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

Thanks for the advice and, a realiable and cheap place to buy?

I have some R9 390. I bought them from online shops. The brand is XFX. It has unlocked voltage. So I use -100mV to reduce the core voltage.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:07:07 AM

Platinum vs Gold on power supplies is problematical, unless you get the platinum on a good sale you won't save enough on electric cost to pay for the extra cost as a general rule - and if you do, your electric rate is high enough you probably aren't makeing any money mining anyway.

8-O

Gold vs. Bronze or less is a much more paying proposition, there's a LOT lower price premium for the Gold supplies.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:11:19 AM

Platinum vs Gold on power supplies is problematical, unless you get the platinum on a good sale you won't save enough on electric cost to pay for the extra cost as a general rule - and if you do, your electric rate is high enough you probably aren't makeing any money mining anyway.

8-O

Gold vs. Bronze or less is a much more paying proposition, there's a LOT lower price premium for the Gold supplies.

My electric cost is 0,1275 cent of euro x 1kw/hour

Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:21:37 AM

8-O

A platinum power supply is 2% more efficient. If you use 1250W, that is 25W or 600WH per day or 7.65c per day or 28 Euro per year saving.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:51:03 AM

8-O

A platinum power supply is 2% more efficient. If you use 1250W, that is 25W or 600WH per day or 7.65c per day or 28 Euro per year saving.
Wow! I hace never think about it and there is a huge saving... Ill take this in account. Thank you!

Zitdadast

Activity: 312

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:28:05 PM

8-O

Wow! I hace never think about it and there is a huge saving... Ill take this in account. Thank you!

I used to mine with the Gold rated power supply. As I use a lot of power, so I change to platinum now.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:40:16 AM

Yup, at that electric rate IF you use the full capasity of a 1250/1300 watt supply (or close) it makes sense to go Platinum.

My electric is a good bit cheaper, my Seasonic X1250s and EVGA 1300 G2s aren't anywhere near full loaded, and both of them are bloody close to Platinum efficiency anyway, so it would take me a decade or more to pay off the difference in cost (unless I see the Seasonic X1200 Platinum on a REAL GOOD sale, then I'd have to think about it!).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:55:34 PM

I have never think about how important the PSU could be... Is good to know and take all of this in account for future puchases!!! Thank you

Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:17:26 AM

I have never think about how important the PSU could be... Is good to know and take all of this in account for future puchases!!! Thank you

I gradually change the power supply from gold to platinum. Some times I even use two power suppliers so that it would not run at 100%.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: