Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private pools  (Read 947 times)
Sierra8561 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:44:21 AM

I'm a newbie with a lot of this. Are there any advantages to private pools vs public? Thanks in advance for your input.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Laviathon

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 05:17:07 AM

I'm a newbie with a lot of this. Are there any advantages to private pools vs public? Thanks in advance for your input.

I'm not really sure about the private part.  Their are pools where people with extreme large amounts of hash power will mine in order to keep all the coin  for them selves if that what you mean by private.  Or you mean like p2?

If you are a home miner you need to join a public pool in order to ever  have a chance to find a block.

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
Sierra8561 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:21:13 AM

If I'm understanding things correctly, the are pools like Kano and slush that you can only join by invitation. They aren't open to just anyone.
jmumich

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:31:00 AM

If I'm understanding things correctly, the are pools like Kano and slush that you can only join by invitation. They aren't open to just anyone.

You don't need an invitation to join either of them. You don't even have to sign up at Kano, which is a great pool. Slush is another good one - they've been around forever; I think I used them first with a Radeon 4850 in 2012 or so (not for long back then, unfortunately).
Sierra8561 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:34:36 AM

I worded that badly, I realize kano and slush are open to the public, "I currently mine kano" . I know there are private pools out there, I was wondering if they had any benefit over public pools like Kano and slush.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:38:34 AM

I worded that badly, I realize kano and slush are open to the public, "I currently mine kano" . I know there are private pools out there, I was wondering if they had any benefit over public pools like Kano and slush.

Private pools usually refer to pools that ASIC Miner Hardware Manufactures run with large amounts of ASIC hardware of their own.  So their private pool benefits them by keeping all of the reward.  An individual cannot join those private pools.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: