Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] EthVenturesFinal  (Read 4374 times)
BetGod (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:45:01 PM

Kakatsuki, rubixi, the Eth greedpit guy, and the other guy with the dynamic ponzi.

They just make tons of newbie accounts and spam in other's threads or troll there.

Damn, my thread is just under constant attack.

I'm simply stating facts, people can draw their own conclusions.

Thos are not facts, just speculations that are not true.

And tons of trolls are trolling here to destroy the reputation of others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Katatsuki

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:47:52 PM

Kakatsuki, rubixi, the Eth greedpit guy, and the other guy with the dynamic ponzi.

They just make tons of newbie accounts and spam in other's threads or troll there.

Damn, my thread is just under constant attack.

I'm simply stating facts, people can draw their own conclusions.

Yep, surely you are the victim of a conspiracy. If there was no function in your code to transfer all the funds to yourself, I'd be all about supporting your project. I care about people, so I point out the shady stuff I see, that's all.

It's not speculation. I went back and read every reply on the Piggybank thread to make sure I wasn't talking shit. I'm just saying what I saw there.

BetGod (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:50:41 PM

Yep, surely you are the victim of a conspiracy. If there was no function in your code to transfer all the funds to yourself, I'd be all about supporting your project. I care about people, so I point out the shady stuff I see, that's all.

Ok then you also understand that there can be bugs in a project that is meant for long term.

And I already did some code mistakes earlier, so i dont want to repeat those again, that is why emergency functions are needed.

If you'd be cautious, you`d put them in your DAPP too, since if a bug later is found you have to start all over.
Katatsuki

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:55:51 PM

I make plenty of testing before releasing my apps to the public. And bugs can indeed slip through, as happened with my app, but it wasn't in the important part of the logic, which is the one that handles the users' funds, it was just a display issue in the ranking.

If I'm not 99.99% confident that my app won't break I don't release it. That's why the destroy function is not needed. I understand that nobody would trust the app if I could just run away with the money any time I wanted, just like I wouldn't trust someone else's app. Hell, I wouldn't even trust myself. Common sense above everything else Wink

likegames

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:56:06 PM

It's a good idea, but you can make it better:
It would be more trustworthy if your Emergency function would pay back all investors investment and not all the invested Ether only to you.
And a function for investors to resign and get paid back there investment (-owner fee) would be good too.

What do you think?

Any answer, BetGod?
BetGod (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:57:28 PM

Hell, I wouldn't even trust myself. Common sense above everything else Wink

If you dont trust yourself, then how can you trust yourself to make a 99% bug-free code Cheesy

That is real common sense there my friend Cheesy
Katatsuki

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 07:00:43 PM

If you dont trust yourself, then how can you trust yourself to make a 99% bug-free code Cheesy

Trust myself with the money, I meant. As for the code, that's what the excessive testing is for, to make sure I don't fuck it up somehow.

BetGod (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 07:02:31 PM

Any answer, BetGod?

I explained this already:

-People could send from exchanges, and then they cant be refunded
-If the indexing function is not properly coded then it wont work
-If the players change their addresses in the meantime, it wont work
-If the code gets stuck in the iteration function due to some bug from the miners, then it can break, ethereum is still alpha and this could happen, its better to run it only once.

For example if a dividend gets stuck in a for loop thats a small deal, but if the entire balance gets stuck, thats a big problem.
DoctorBugsBunny

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

As you sow, so shall you reap.

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:03:08 PM

This thread is getting ridiculous. The code is obviously flawed because the owner can withdraw the funds back to him. No one in their right mind should invest in this because the code is not right. Case closed.

Mineable ERC 20 tokens are the future.
greymatter

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:14:20 PM

I invested some ETH couple days back, and got some money from the ethventures contract .19 Eth.. no idea for what.  How can I find out what it was for? Still trying to learn.
Tdecha

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 08:32:33 PM

Wtf man ?!? What about me ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9PbALX6Fh8
likegames

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:58:23 PM

Any answer, BetGod?

I explained this already:

-People could send from exchanges, and then they cant be refunded
-If the indexing function is not properly coded then it wont work
-If the players change their addresses in the meantime, it wont work
-If the code gets stuck in the iteration function due to some bug from the miners, then it can break, ethereum is still alpha and this could happen, its better to run it only once.

For example if a dividend gets stuck in a for loop thats a small deal, but if the entire balance gets stuck, thats a big problem.

Sorry but sounds like lame excuses.
- if people send form exchanges they will also not get the intended earnings
- code and test it properly and it will work - Solidity is only a java dialect and it works!
- "if players change their address"? how to change an address?
- "if code gets stuck" - see my second point

sydhelly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:07:48 PM

Retarded Scammer with his multiple accounts.

greymatter

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:13:54 PM

Retarded Scammer with his multiple accounts.

So far he hasn't scammed anyone, so calling him a scammer is a false claim.  Part of investing is making risks, and 2 ETH risk to me so far is really nothing.  I think the idea is great and if it does succeed, it would be wiser to keep it going instead of cashing out. If it does fail and he takes all the ETH, then its the risk I was willing to take.  So far I made back .19 Eth in less than 2 days and so far so good.  If I lose 2 Eth, then whatever, on to the next thing.  Maybe in the future revisions he can fix and adjust the code, but for now, I am fine with it.
Sileniced

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:36:51 PM

OK so... I've seriously tried to do this code as well, with my level of experience and everything. And I haven't studied the code of BetGod AT ALL. You could trust me on my word, but I can bet you can see it in the level of my code. #alsoTotallyNotBetGod
Here is the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1431977.0
So I just compared the two contracts... I might have more features on the user-end, but my code is far from working properly.

BUT

If I seriously look at his code. His code has way more potential then mine does (obviously). And you can really see in the details that he has really thought this out. But wouldn't it be better if the emergency withdrawal would go to another smart-contract that's locked with a third key, which could be hold by one of the contracts most active member or such.

Or maybe, I could just go ahead and make a smart-contract for emergency withdrawals.

BetGod (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 07:14:29 AM

Sorry but sounds like lame excuses.
- if people send form exchanges they will also not get the intended earnings
- code and test it properly and it will work - Solidity is only a java dialect and it works!
- "if players change their address"? how to change an address?
- "if code gets stuck" - see my second point

I was referring to protocol uppgrades, the new release of ethereum will be soon, and if they mess around with the protocol, who knows what kind of errors might arise.

Especially since the current architecture is weak, the wallet software is crashing constantly, so i would not be surprized.

It's better to have safety features in a contract, than to be sorry later.

Ethereum is still alpha version, remember that.
BetGod (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 07:15:54 AM

Looks like somebody deposited Eth under 2 Ether, when I specifically said that the minimum is 2 Ether, under that is the dividend function.[

Well it has been paid out in dividends, so now you can see that the dividend system works Smiley

It is the SimpleDice attachment, yep it works guys, you can now see that this version is bug free and works flawless Smiley

https://etherscan.io/address/0x78b058ccda93816487c655367dcb79664a216ad2#code

I`m working on an exciting new attachment, it is really time to automate profits now!
Sileniced

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 03:00:46 PM

I tried to send 0.1 ether from another smart-contract to test it out, but failed, maybe you should take another look at your code.
sklsm3

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:28:38 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 09:07:15 AM by sklsm3

NO GUI?
What about using zeronet.io ??
If we have a GUI it can be huge!!!
BetGod (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2016, 08:55:42 AM

I tried to send 0.1 ether from another smart-contract to test it out, but failed, maybe you should take another look at your code.

Minimum deposit 2 Ether.

Is it so hard to read the first post?

Yes that 0.1 was paid out as dividend ,because deposits under 2 Eth are paid out in dividends.

That is why min deposit is 2 Eth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: