Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BW 14nm Miners Update  (Read 8868 times)
mwizard (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:28:04 AM

See https://www.bw.com/news/show-81

"BW would like to take this opportunity to update the status of our 14nm miners. We are very pleased to announce that the first batches of our 14nm miners have been completely sold out. The demand from our valued customers has been tremendous. In the last few months BW has been able to successfully complete crowd funds for our B11, B12 and have nearly reached the goal for our latest offering B16 Hash Investments. We have also fulfilled the pre-orders from our top customers who requested large volumes of 14nm miners.

However, with this very positive news we must also unfortunately update that BW will be delaying the public sale of our 14nm miners until June 2016. At that time customers from around the world will be able to purchase the 14nm miners at BW.com. We are also now taking orders from interested parties on large volume orders for June delivery.

BW would like to once again thank our valued customers for their early support of the 14nm miner project. BW will continue to strive to provide the best technology and service the mining community deserves. We sincerely appreciate the interest we have received from the community and we look forward to serving you in the near future."

Thoughts!!!

Especially from anyone using the BW cloud mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:27:01 PM

Pre-order scams do not work any more.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:54:34 PM

Pre-order scams do not work any more.

They have produced some B11's already so not really pre-order scams.  They were mainly used internally vs sales, they also did not hit near efficiency as the refined one should hit.

They should be legit on BW.  That being said I still did not order any of their hashing contracts, but I would put them as second behind bitmain as far as reliability as they should come though.  But time will tell.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:56:19 PM

Well daily distributed interest of B11 is 0.000312BTC/THS/DAY. Price is actually 0.76 BTC per THS at shop and 0.61 BTC per THS ask at marketplace. This is not yet mining mode (it will start when all crowdfunding goal is filled), this is interest mode.
Right now i woudnt buy it...just my opinion tho, when mining mode is active i will have a look at daily share per THS and eventually try to find a deal at marketplace.

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:14:00 PM

Launching a new miner weeks before the halving seems like a bad business decision, I don't think too many people will take the gamble right then.  I bet the public release happens in July sometime after the 1/2.
Legacy2005

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:30:00 PM

Launching a new miner weeks before the halving seems like a bad business decision, I don't think too many people will take the gamble right then.  I bet the public release happens in July sometime after the 1/2.

I think it depends on how they are sold. If they are sold for btc i think many will wait to see what the 1/2 does to the price. Would hate to pay 2 btc for something a month later could be 1 cus btc doubled in price.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:43:06 AM

I think it depends on how they are sold. If they are sold for btc i think many will wait to see what the 1/2 does to the price. Would hate to pay 2 btc for something a month later could be 1 cus btc doubled in price.

Nothing is ever sold for BTC. Its always priced in USD

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:35:00 AM

I get what you are saying and completely agree. After halving btc could jump significantly and you'd be kicking yourself.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 04:34:54 AM

Regardless of how you pay, it's that no one can say what the halving is going to do to network hash rate and difficulty and what that means in how long it would take a brand new machine to pay itself back.  I tend to think most people would just wait to see what happens first.
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 04:52:44 AM

Regardless of how you pay, it's that no one can say what the halving is going to do to network hash rate and difficulty and what that means in how long it would take a brand new machine to pay itself back.  I tend to think most people would just wait to see what happens first.

Not necessary - there are rumors that BitHash will trough on us a new miner in mid of May

If so - I will buy one

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:07:08 AM

Not necessary - there are rumors that BitHash will trough on us a new miner in mid of May

If so - I will buy one

I would take it as a grain of salt personally.   Looking are we talking about smaller cloud mining company?  I don't see them hitting a next gen miner in next month.   Just do not see it.

Have they asked for pre-orders or anything?  I just see a lot of red flags possibly here.
Bitbankroller

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:45:55 AM

BW is currently the #5 hash producer overall accounting for 8% of the network in the world and #1 Cloud mining provider in China. We have a earned a reputation of reliability and quality service in the domestic market. BW looks forward to bringing the same level of service to the international market. Please take a look at some pics of the office, mining farm and a look at the first batch our 14nm miners.Also here's our recent article in Bitcoin Magazine introducing the history and business of BW.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-unknown-giant-a-first-look-inside-bw-one-of-china-s-oldest-and-largest-miners-1444675310

http://imgur.com/a/WHajz

BW will not take pre-sale money from public sales and is committed to decentralization of Bitcoin mining by providing high performance miners to the public. Unfortunately due to incredible demand in our home market from large volume purchasers we are not able to open public sales as previously scheduled in April.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:18:06 PM

Well daily distributed interest of B11 is 0.000312BTC/THS/DAY. Price is actually 0.76 BTC per THS at shop and 0.61 BTC per THS ask at marketplace. This is not yet mining mode (it will start when all crowdfunding goal is filled), this is interest mode.
Right now i woudnt buy it...just my opinion tho, when mining mode is active i will have a look at daily share per THS and eventually try to find a deal at marketplace.
This is wrong.  They sold out croudfunding for B11 on 10/12/15 and until mining mode started you earned .000312BTC/THS/DAY.  It has been in mining mode for over a month earning 0.00301410 BTC per TH/s or whatever amount it is for 1 TH/s in that difficulty period and you can freely sell and buy it on the market.

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:49:53 PM

This is wrong.  They sold out croudfunding for B11 on 10/12/15 and until mining mode started you earned .000312BTC/THS/DAY.  It has been in mining mode for over a month earning 0.00301410 BTC per TH/s or whatever amount it is for 1 TH/s in that difficulty period and you can freely sell and buy it on the market.
Tx for the headup! I guess those informations werent clear for me reading from their website. How active is the market? Is there an interesting volume?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:48:54 PM

BW is currently the #5 hash producer overall accounting for 8% of the network in the world and #1 Cloud mining provider in China. We have a earned a reputation of reliability and quality service in the domestic market. BW looks forward to bringing the same level of service to the international market. Please take a look at some pics of the office, mining farm and a look at the first batch our 14nm miners.Also here's our recent article in Bitcoin Magazine introducing the history and business of BW.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/the-unknown-giant-a-first-look-inside-bw-one-of-china-s-oldest-and-largest-miners-1444675310

BW will not take pre-sale money from public sales and is committed to decentralization of Bitcoin mining by providing high performance miners to the public. Unfortunately due to incredible demand in our home market from large volume purchasers we are not able to open public sales as previously scheduled in April.

They might not have pre-sold gear.  But they sold hash for b-12 and such.  There were a couple they sold that equials quite a bit of hash.  I think they will come through on it most likely and all will go fine, but it's still pre-selling.

Not sure how they are against decentralization though.  They are one of the biggest companies on hashing power.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 04:03:38 PM

Tx for the headup! I guess those informations werent clear for me reading from their website. How active is the market? Is there an interesting volume?
Their website is a little tricky to manuever around.  As for their market it doesn't seem to be all that active, but you can definitely move small amounts of hash if you set the right prices.  I hold some B12 and haven't let go of any of my hashrate yet but will probably start trying to sell some soon.  So far the earnings from interest payment and mining income have been as advertised and my profit should come from the sells on the market at a reasonable price.  Hopefully around .45BTC/TH since it is going down some as the difficulty climbs and halving inches closer.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:09:37 AM

so what are the specs, if they have already sold them out, they should release the consumption per hash at least, are those new device able to reach 2x in efficiency liek the s7 vs the s5?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:23:24 AM

Keep in mind that BW.com is part-owned by LKetc, which has a solid record of producing reliable SHA256 miners (and appear to have had a hand in, or inspired, the design of many of the Innosilicon miners for both SHA256 AND Scrypt).

They're NOT just cloud.

They announced specs months ago, ballpark .25 watts/GH as I recall - or about the same as the S7.
 They also announced a second-gen 14nm chip that they said would be in production in a few months, with specs fairly close to the BitFury chip of videos fame.

With that said, though...

BW will not take pre-sale money from public sales

... you already did, with your B11 and B12 and in-process B16 crowdfunding stuff, though those weren't a standard pre-order setup.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:43:48 AM

so what are the specs, if they have already sold them out, they should release the consumption per hash at least, are those new device able to reach 2x in efficiency liek the s7 vs the s5?

They have not released this on the ones that are "sold out".  The original ones were next gen chips, but around S7/A6 specced on efficiency.  They fell pretty short but were a new NM which is still impressive.

These could be a lot closer to the B series announced specs from long ago as they have had a month or so.  We likely will not know though with internal use and big buyers getting them, unless a big buyer sells a few.
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:14:16 PM

Selling out all your gear to Chinese farms is far from "committed to decentralization of Bitcoin mining"

t.me/bitcoinasic
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: