Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:10:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange Lisk price patterns at Yobit and Bloombit  (Read 4695 times)
geotom

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:51:14 PM

How on earth can this coin be worth 8 dollars? Or token as of yet. It´s supposed to have 100 million coins or more out eventually. Seems like a rather hefty valuation.

Nah... maybe they have bought only 2-3 mln of lisk during the ico, maybe less.

Or nothing! As other's have said this is a futures market... in crypto no less! It's mostly margin traders playing in the space until the coin is released. When the coin is actually released the price will drop to $2-4 and the exchanges will be able to buy Lisk for cheaper than sold for the miniscule number of longs and they will have made a nice percentage from the prelaunch trading games.

Be glad because it''s free FOMO but don't get excited about the price cos we have another few months before we see these pricing level's post release...
ibrahim11

Activity: 777
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:18:37 PM

Dear users,

today 8.4.2016 we were under heavy DDOS attack so the site was unavalible for trading.

No other damage was made and all funds are safe.

We take security of our users funds very seriously so we took extra time and made sure we are now ready to continue safely.

We thank you all for understanding and your patience.

Regards,

BloomBit Team
https://www.BloomBit.net

I call BS
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:00:19 PM

The only thing correct that we can say is :

There is an high manipulation at the moment buy yobit and Bloombit (what the is Bloombit? I've never heard about it  Grin).

nobody has heard about them before this topic about lisk!
the volumes (according to coinmarketcap.com) are ridiculous. 95.24% LISK and the second coin is 3%(23BTC) the rest is less than 0.01%(0BTC?)

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:10:46 PM

There is an high manipulation at the moment buy yobit and Bloombit (what the is Bloombit? I've never heard about it  Grin).

the volumes (according to coinmarketcap.com) are ridiculous. 95.24% LISK and the second coin is 3%(23BTC) the rest is less than 0.01%(0BTC?)
The whole LISK situation is a joke really.  People selling IOUs for an unfungible Crypto is stupid.
Does anyone know if and how they will get the LISK that they owe?  Does anyone care if they can trade out straight away?

Someone is going to end up in a lot of debt carrying worthless ious (IMO)
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:15:28 PM

The whole LISK situation is a joke really.  People selling IOUs for an unfungible Crypto is stupid.
Does anyone know if and how they will get the LISK that they owe?  Does anyone care if they can trade out straight away?

as far as i know People are not selling anything, at least not on these exchangers. if you check them there is no deposit button enabled.

these websites are just selling air, or some numbers that you see on your screen there is no coins to sell.

there is going to be a lot of unsatisfied users end of April when the coin is released and these tiny exchangers are swarmed with withdrawal requests.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 2987

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 04:29:00 PM

as far as i know People are not selling anything, at least not on these exchangers. if you check them there is no deposit button enabled.

these websites are just selling air, or some numbers that you see on your screen there is no coins to sell.

there is going to be a lot of unsatisfied users end of April when the coin is released and these tiny exchangers are swarmed with withdrawal requests.
yeah i also notice the download wallet from the official website and i think the wallet is not done yet maybe there's 50% chance that lisk will down and 50 percent all will be ok.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Emperor of Man (OP)

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:50:45 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 09:35:04 AM by Emperor of Man

Now that the (probably bot created) consecutive 72 BTC worth Lisk sell orders are over, many 0.004xxxxx BTC Lisk sell orders are created in Bloombit, but surprisingly no trade is happening over there! Only 10 trades have happened in last 7 hours in Bloombit.

Update: The number of trades are increased, but the price is 0.003xxxxx now and doesn't show any tendency to increase!
alisaadat60

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:35:29 AM

people like to sell their lisks cheap and cheaper in bloombit  Smiley Smiley Smiley
it`s foolish that all sell orders are lower than 0.046 and those sell orders are in growth
Bloombit is typically fake site
Emperor of Man (OP)

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:24:45 AM

people like to sell their lisks cheap and cheaper in bloombit  Smiley Smiley Smiley
it`s foolish that all sell orders are lower than 0.046 and those sell orders are in growth
Bloombit is typically fake site
I kind of thinking the same thing! lol
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:31:01 AM

The price discrepancy between the exchanges is kind of strange. The price on one has been up to five times higher on one than the other. It has narrowed now but is still large I think three times or so.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:10:28 PM

The price discrepancy between the exchanges is kind of strange. The price on one has been up to five times higher on one than the other. It has narrowed now but is still large I think three times or so.

We are talking about IOU lisks so it's normal.... only a 'limited supply' is available for the trading.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 05:31:29 PM

We are talking about IOU lisks so it's normal.... only a 'limited supply' is available for the trading.

Plus, there's no way to arbitrage. The IOUs themselves are not fungible, so there's no way to withdraw or deposit them.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tombstone2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:48:14 PM

Plus, there's no way to arbitrage. The IOUs themselves are not fungible, so there's no way to withdraw or deposit them.

It is true that the pre-launch IOUs cannot be withdrawn or deposited.  But what do you mean they are not fungible?  And I know what fungible means, so I'm not asking you to define it.  I'm asking what you think it means in this context.   
Rizla2345

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:12:44 PM

The IOUs are being traded, right? So, they´re fungible at least if that means mutually interchangeable. Maybe I´m misunderstanding something.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:44:47 PM

The IOUs are being traded, right? So, they´re fungible at least if that means mutually interchangeable. Maybe I´m misunderstanding something.

they have no blockchain to transport the actual token from one exchange to the other, thats why they are not fungible.
And I also think, they could have serious problems paying out the tokens. Maybe they even sell more, than they have... you never know...
Then it means, that you have a token, that is not fungible to a real LISK later, if the prices rise too much and the exchange defaults...
Rizla2345

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:49:49 PM

they have no blockchain to transport the actual token from one exchange to the other, thats why they are not fungible

OK, they´re not transferable except within the exchange.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:06:04 PM

they have no blockchain to transport the actual token from one exchange to the other, thats why they are not fungible

OK, they´re not transferable except within the exchange.

Exactly, you can only trade with them directly in the platform.
tombstone2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:09:52 PM

they have no blockchain to transport the actual token from one exchange to the other, thats why they are not fungible.
And I also think, they could have serious problems paying out the tokens. Maybe they even sell more, than they have... you never know...
Then it means, that you have a token, that is not fungible to a real LISK later, if the prices rise too much and the exchange defaults...

As Rizla2345 said, the pre-launch tokens being traded ARE fungible, they're just not transferable.  And that was my point.  Anyway, the exchanges trading pre-launch LISK will simply enable deposits and withdraws of LISK once it launches.  If they truly have ICO Lisk as they claim, then it will be a perfectly smooth transition for everyone.  Problem is, who really knows...especially with bloombit??   

It would be nice if a reputable exchange that is hungry for new users would do pre-launch trading.  A good candidate would be Bittrex since they're trustworthy but aren't getting a lot of traction.  Another good candidate would be OpenLedger since they're in the process of bootstrapping their decentralized exchange which, incidentally, runs on Bitshares (the inventor of DPoS). 

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 11:11:12 PM

It is true that the pre-launch IOUs cannot be withdrawn or deposited.  But what do you mean they are not fungible?  And I know what fungible means, so I'm not asking you to define it.  I'm asking what you think it means in this context.  

Sorry, I should have used the word "transferrable." I meant "non-fungible outside of each exchange," in the sense that each exchange's ICO-buy is frozen until Lisk launches. But that explained, "not transferrable" would have been better.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:41:40 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2016, 12:05:13 AM by synthgauge

That price pattern is where the dots are being connected. Yobit opened an IOU market and lined up a considerable support to it. Noobs appeared and got thrown into. Alright then. Second ace they got on their hands is the knowledge that lisk will get snapped on launch. They go for it and buy a necessary quantity of lisk and swap it for overpriced IOU they cashed out for btc. Simple route of actions and is perfectly on point with gargantuan volatility of the iou in the daily.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: