Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JadeBitcoinGadget - Windows Gadget for slush and deepbit  (Read 13769 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:35:23 AM

Can you mod this to support Bitcoin.lc pool?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gogusrl

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:38:31 AM

Signed for a smaller version.
Show only mtgox $/btc, total hashrate and worker status.
jade (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:12:10 AM

Can you mod this to support Bitcoin.lc pool?

Afaik does Bitcoin.lc not provide an API for such stuff.
Start convincing those guys of changing that... maybe they simply forgot to "switch it on"?
Smiley
Jade
qed

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:57:26 AM

Very nice gadget, would be nice to have BTC Guild support in it.

Here is the % of users (hash rates actually) coming from each pool. http://www.bitcoinwatch.com/
Sometimes it's showing as "other" pools when it fails the detection, as for example now -_-

Mobile App (Android)

Monitor miners, exchange rates and Bitcoin network stats.
Litt

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:04:18 AM

On worker tab, when you have more than 24 workers then the second page of workers that isn't showing on the main page they will not show up on your widget's worker list.  Searching for the workers not on page 1 does not yield any results either.

Hi Litt,
can you please link some screenshots that visualize the problem? 
I added round about 100 Workers and it was fine with me. Do your worker
names contain more than one underscore or point?

Thanks for the info.
Jade

Hey there Jade,

The names is currently listed with only "." in the name being between the account name and the worker name that slush's pool adds to create a full worker name. For example, my account name is Litt and worker name is A1, then my full worker shows in the account page so it looks like Litt.A1 There are no underscore or anything else involved in the name. I list all my workers according to the miner machine in alphabet then GPU in # so that when I go click on add new worker, I would only add A1, A2, and so on with a password. I hope this clears it up.

When I open the widget on the worker tab, I currently only have 5 pages. First 4 with full 5 on each page then the last 5th page with only 4 workers for the total of 24. They only show the worker part of the name such as A1, A2.. and list only the ones on the page one of the worker list on my account page on Slush's pool.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Thanks for your continued efforts. The widget is already quite awesome and I'm sure everyone from all the pools will want some support soon  Smiley

jade (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:23:39 AM

Hey there Jade,

The names is currently listed with only "." in the name being between the account name and the worker name that slush's pool adds to create a full worker name. For example, my account name is Litt and worker name is A1, then my full worker shows in the account page so it looks like Litt.A1 There are no underscore or anything else involved in the name. I list all my workers according to the miner machine in alphabet then GPU in # so that when I go click on add new worker, I would only add A1, A2, and so on with a password. I hope this clears it up.

When I open the widget on the worker tab, I currently only have 5 pages. First 4 with full 5 on each page then the last 5th page with only 4 workers for the total of 24. They only show the worker part of the name such as A1, A2.. and list only the ones on the page one of the worker list on my account page on Slush's pool.

Thanks for your continued efforts. The widget is already quite awesome and I'm sure everyone from all the pools will want some support soon  Smiley

Hi Litt,

the "only show the worker part of name" thing is intented, but i cann put on the list to make it configurable.
The 24 worker things seems to be related to the way the data is delivered by the pool page. I only tested it
with local dummy workers, i think i have simply never seen what you have on your account page till now.
I am quite sure, that there is a nice solution. But for today, nothing will happen in terms of "coding".

Today is my birthday and i will try to get some sunbeams on my face Smiley

So please have a heart and wait a day.

Cheers,
Jade
minerX

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:42:26 AM

Hi,

Cool idea, but I uninstalled it. 

#1)  Pointless to not show all workers on 1 page.  If I need to click through all the pages to see the status of my workers, I might as well go directly to deepbit.  Could also be some sort of sort option, deadminers on top.

#2)  The amount of cash/hashrate kept doubling randomly.  I don't mind having TWICE the cash but was getting annoying Tongue

AnnihilaT

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:47:31 AM

Hi Jade,

the var item.sell coming from the call to the mtgox ticker API doesnt really seem to update as it should.   This data is somehow getting cached somewhere and only updating every severl hours..... any idea why?
AnnihilaT

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 11:56:50 AM

Hi Jade,

the var item.sell coming from the call to the mtgox ticker API doesnt really seem to update as it should.   This data is somehow getting cached somewhere and only updating every severl hours..... any idea why?

Nevermind, I solved it like so:

Code:
var random = Math.floor(Math.random()*1111111111)
$.getJSON('https://mtgox.com/code/data/ticker.php?random='+random, function(json) {

EDIT:  And i see you also solved it in the latest version now.... i imagine by doing something similar Smiley  Stupid MS caching behavior...
RobertRibbeck

Activity: 221

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:12:00 PM

Hi Jade,

the var item.sell coming from the call to the mtgox ticker API doesnt really seem to update as it should.   This data is somehow getting cached somewhere and only updating every severl hours..... any idea why?

Nevermind, I solved it like so:

Code:
var random = Math.floor(Math.random()*1111111111)
$.getJSON('https://mtgox.com/code/data/ticker.php?random='+random, function(json) {

EDIT:  And i see you also solved it in the latest version now.... i imagine by doing something similar Smiley  Stupid MS caching behavior...

Thanks for posting that fix
Now if I could only add the current duration time of slushes pool it would be perfict

Please "Clear your browser cookies" then use http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/3360 to Join BitCoin Pyramid
  use my referral & I'll refund a % of your first deposit back to your account
  Deposit .5 BTC or more and I'll give back 50% of what I receive

First Deposit of 1 BTC will get 75% of what I get back
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:40:31 PM

Source code?

Yes.. can we please have the sauce?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\JadeBitcoinGadget.gadget

that's where it is on windows7...
Well I didnt mean the location, I meant code... however!

I didn't even realize gadgets are easily readable. Derp on my part. Should have checked first.

Some are, but I am not so sure about the C# gadgets.  There may be associated assemblies with them.  There is a gadget [a quite nice one actually] for BTCMine that was written in C#.  Not being a gadget developer myself [although maybe I will give it a try since it is starting to look interesting], I cannot say the specifics for the sandbox (probably not quite a jail) environment that gadgets run in (if any which I think may be the case).  You have to trust the source of a gadget or take your chances.  This one however appears just fine Smiley

I would LOVE to see BTC Guild support as well.  I have been using BTC Guild and Deepbit most lately after BTCMine started having problems [and I likely won't use them anymore ... you can read why if you are curious].  However, like all pools, they are both having trouble right now, most likely to do with growth.  Slush has had similar growing pains in the past, but surprisingly is running a very stable pool right now.  So, depending on pool status, and personal preference at the time [i.e. pool size related to others and features], I may be using any one of these three pools.  It would be wonderful to have these thee pools represented well in one gadget.   The only alternative that I have seen doesn't really care much about any pool but deepbit and the useful stats from the other pools [i.e. worker stats] are missing. 

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
sang

Activity: 282

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:34:59 AM

Will donate for BTCguild Support :-)
jade (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:22:55 AM

Hey there Jade,

Hi Litt,

i have looked at the 24+ workers problem. It no bug, the gadget is just fine.
What happens is, that slush pool does simply sends info on 24 workers and then just makes a silly face.
So once the API of slush pool if fixed, your workers will show up Smiley

Greetings,
Jade
gll

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:39:08 AM

Will donate for BTCguild Support :-)

+1 Cool
Litt

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 12:58:06 PM

Hey there Jade,

Hi Litt,

i have looked at the 24+ workers problem. It no bug, the gadget is just fine.
What happens is, that slush pool does simply sends info on 24 workers and then just makes a silly face.
So once the API of slush pool if fixed, your workers will show up Smiley

Greetings,
Jade

Thanks for looking into it so thoroughly and trying to get to the bottom even though it doesn't effect a majority of users. Hopefully Slush can make a change to his API to send all worker stats and info soon because I really love your layout of the widget. Its really intuitive.  Smiley Cheers and happy mining!

RobertRibbeck

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:03:34 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2011, 08:46:31 PM by RobertRibbeck

Seems the slush lastshare times are not correct
month is a month behind
I've corrected that and formated it as well in the gadget script js file

[edit]
NO MORE FREE ride
see above

I spent several hr getting this to work
if your inclined donate here
  1DUAojYzqfZZ448pf8DfkLyA7edoifBvjh

Please "Clear your browser cookies" then use http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/3360 to Join BitCoin Pyramid

V2-V3

Activity: 227

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:46:47 AM

Jade,

can you please add support for the BitClockers mining pool?

Thank you!
jade (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:52:19 PM

Sorry for beeing a little bit calm the last day!

But i am planning something nice for you (not related to the gadget),
that will take another day ...   Wink

After that i will gladly have a look at BitClockers.

Greetings,
Jade
RobertRibbeck

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:10:59 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2011, 08:43:02 PM by RobertRibbeck

I've spent too much time correcting this
I spent hr & hrs  getting this to work "RIGHT"
Here is a pic of what i got
and it keeps your api key

donations don't work
If you want it send bit coin  here
  1DUAojYzqfZZ448pf8DfkLyA7edoifBvjh
then send me a message

Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 12:35:21 AM

I like being able to see all the miners in one glance so you can see what's down.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: