Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:33:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lisk is not a decentralized app platform !!!  (Read 718 times)
themasknetwork (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 08:40:24 AM

Right now there are three networks that implement a turing complete language : Ethereum (www.ethereum.org), Lisk  (www.lisk.io) and Masknetwork (www.masknetwork.com)

For Ethereum and MaskNetwork, things are easy :

1. The contract code is runned by all nodes and all nodes should reach the same conclusion after execution.
2. After a contract is run, a small fee is paid depending on the number of steps executed.
3. A copy of the contract code and storage is maintained by all nodes.

In Lisk case :

- The contract code is NOT executed by all nodes.
- There is no fee paid depending on the code complexity.
- A copy of contract plus additional data (storage) is not maintained on the mainchain.

What i know :

All Lisk applications run over sidechains  where  "The decentralized application developer has complete control over the sidechain." (https://lisk.io/features)

You need a "third party" to execute your code - "By utilizing our extensive user base, you can quickly find 3rd party nodes to execute your decentralized application through servers " (www.lisk.io)

What i don't know :

Is Lisk a decentralized smart contract platform  ?? And why do you need a 3rd party to execute your code ??

I was 100% sure that "3rd party" and "decentralized" are antonymes. My personal opinion is that Lisk is far from a dapp platform. What do you think ?

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 09:00:18 AM

For Ethereum and MaskNetwork, things are easy :

1. The contract code is runned by all nodes and all nodes should reach the same conclusion after execution.

Good for Lisk, it will not crash under the enormous load.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
zaph3t

Activity: 294

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 09:41:11 AM

This is the first time i heard of MaskNetwork. Are you trying to create a FUD for the benefit of your Project?
By the way i have nothing against your project but I think each Coin has their own purpose and features.

themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 11:24:45 AM

This is the first time i heard of MaskNetwork. Are you trying to create a FUD for the benefit of your Project?
By the way i have nothing against your project but I think each Coin has their own purpose and features.

I was making a comparision between those three platforms and after digging lisk.io i reached the conclusion that we are not talking about a decentralized app project. You don't have to be a genius. I have just quoted what their sites states on the first page. You need 3rd party to run your "decentralized" applications.

Because we are talking about a project that generated so much interest from community, i was 100% convinced that we are dealing with a classic decentralized platform where contracts are run in a secure way inside a Virtual Machine.

I don't know why, but lately people are calling "smart contract" any new feature that has nothing to do with a turing complete language executed by each and every node of the network.

Now, about the FUD.

FUD means "Fear, uncertainty and doubt (often shortened to FUD) is a disinformation strategy used in sales, marketing, public relations, ....."

There is nothing dubious in this phrase " By utilizing our extensive user base, you can quickly find 3rd party nodes to execute your decentralized application through servers all over the world in a truly decentralized manner."

It's on the Lisk.io main page. I have just quoted.

MASKNETWORK.
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:02:35 PM

Lisk seems the new popular kid on the block

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:25:06 PM

Lisk seems the new popular kid on the block

It is the new kid on the block...

MASKNETWORK.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:46:48 PM

Hello Mask network,
answer to my support messages before you try to advertise here and spread fud over other coins.
I didn't get any email as a confirmation of my initial small investment. It looks more and more like a scam to me...
I saw after investing: Your so-called decentralized network is written in PHP. PHP? Kidding me?
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 06:29:29 AM

Hello Mask network,
answer to my support messages before you try to advertise here and spread fud over other coins.
I didn't get any email as a confirmation of my initial small investment. It looks more and more like a scam to me...
I saw after investing: Your so-called decentralized network is written in PHP. PHP? Kidding me?

I have sent you a PM.

Web interface is written in PHP. The web interface is linked to the java node by a db server (mysql / oracle....). The core that maintains the network connectivity,  encryption, virtual machine and so on is written in java and it's pretty big (over 50k lines of code)

Web Ndode source code - https://github.com/masknetwork/web_node
Java Node Source Code - https://github.com/masknetwork/java_node

So, only the interface is php. You can't write a p2p network using PHP alone...Smiley

MASKNETWORK.
LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 06:58:01 AM

Ill jusp on the next Blockchain writen in CLojure

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: