Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:15:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More victim shopping by gay lobby- IL Inn fined $80k For Refusing Gay Wedding  (Read 250 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:40:30 AM

Illinois inn fined for refusing to host gay civil union ceremony
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-illinois-gaymarriage-idUSKCN0WV20U

Gay activist organizations and individuals are once again actively seeking religiously minded companies to assault under the guise of fighting discrimination. These people demand acceptance and tolerance while not giving any tolerance to those with religious beliefs. This is nothing more than taking rights from one person and giving them to another. There is no shortage of venues which this couple could have patronized, but there is clearly a pattern of people seeking out those with religious beliefs and attacking them for ideological and monetary gains. Everyone has a right to tolerance, no one has a right to acceptance. This kind of behavior is counterproductive to achieving tolerance on both sides of this conflict and needs to stop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rizla2345

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:47:55 AM

Yeah, it does look like victim shopping as you put it. Haven´t followed these things much but I seem to remember some hefty settlement for refusing to provide some cookies or was it a wedding cake.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 11:11:08 AM

Yeah, it does look like victim shopping as you put it. Haven´t followed these things much but I seem to remember some hefty settlement for refusing to provide some cookies or was it a wedding cake.
There are many scenarios like this that have been happening with increasing frequency. Usually the fines are completely disabling and force the business owners to file for bankruptcy. Also don't forget most of this money goes to the lawyers, and everyone knows lawyers are very scrupulous.
Rizla2345

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:25:28 AM

Of course. It´s another form of ambulance chasing. Not fully comparable but the same lawyer´s mentality.

I don´t know; personally it´s not my business if people of the same sex want to marry, I don´t really care. But it´s easy to see how religious people could be picked out and then easily snared in lawsuits. It seems unfair since these people have a multitude of other establishments to choose from. The punishment of perhaps going belly up with your business, that doesn´t really fit the crime or infraction.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 11:35:13 AM

Of course. It´s another form of ambulance chasing. Not fully comparable but the same lawyer´s mentality.

I don´t know; personally it´s not my business if people of the same sex want to marry, I don´t really care. But it´s easy to see how religious people could be picked out and then easily snared in lawsuits. It seems unfair since these people have a multitude of other establishments to choose from. The punishment of perhaps going belly up with your business, that doesn´t really fit the crime or infraction.

I am not opposed to people exercising their rights to partner with whomever they choose, but these tactics can bee seen in use in a multitude of other minority groups and other legally protected classes of individuals. It is especially disgusting to me because these laws were put in place to prevent mistreatment of people, and they are just being abused to mistreat others. Creating legally protected classes of people puts everyone under massive liabilities for just exercising their own rights, often even when no controversy is present it can easily be manufactured. Your rights end when they infringe on the rights of others, and this kind of activity is nothing but the systematic removal of rights from people who are literally minding their own business in the way they see fit and appropriating those rights to others.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: