Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can international wire transfer be reversed?  (Read 1529 times)
MR1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:56:47 PM

Has anyone had an issue with international wire transfer when trading BTC? Can it be reversed?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:04:41 PM

I guess it depends on what country you sent it from and what the nature of the problem is. If it hasn't arrived or gotten lost then it's the bank's problem to sort it out.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:22:19 PM

Has anyone had an issue with international wire transfer when trading BTC? Can it be reversed?
i never try it,and i dont think my country have service like wire transafer. but i'm heard on this forum people already use it,and i think its not recomended, too much risk there.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8008

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:32:32 PM

You better get in touch with the bank you used for the wire ASAP. I think if you're American and the funds haven't left your account, you might be able to reverse the transaction.
icherevkov

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:17:47 PM

If your money haven't arrived, than the money will defently come back. Probably they are temporarly on the intermediary banks accounts and there where an issue with your transfer (incorrect recipient bank details, currency control, AML issue, etc). You d better to ask your bank about the transaction status.
MR1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:07:18 AM

You better get in touch with the bank you used for the wire ASAP. I think if you're American and the funds haven't left your account, you might be able to reverse the transaction.

I`m not the sender of the wire transfer. I ask from the point of the fund recipient. If I sell BTC for international wire, is there a possibility that I may be charged back?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:38:22 AM

i have never tried it myself but it is possible.
it also depends on the countries in question and the bank that is being used.

also reversing a wire transfer is not as easy as it might sound like. the person has to provide the bank with enough legitimate evidence of wrong doing in the short window of time and the bank will investigate.

most of the banks investigations are good and nothing like the crappy PayPal chrage-back scam.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:57:01 PM

It can not be reversed, excepted if the money transfer is missing somewhere, but even then it would be a lot of headache for bank workers  Wink
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:28:03 PM

It can not be reversed, excepted if the money transfer is missing somewhere, but even then it would be a lot of headache for bank workers  Wink

that is wrong, it can in fact be reversed.
but since it is a bank and they have their customers contact info, they will contact the receiver and tell them there is this request saying you ripped them off and they want their money back what do you have to say to that.

they don't want to lose their customer (receiver) afterall.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████